GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,242
0 members and 1,242 guests
No Members online

Old 01-21-2004, 08:54 PM
GreekChat Member

anxious and having doubts

Hello All,

As I'm getting a tiny bit disappointed with the "no response" I've been getting lately with the Org that I've contacted, I wanted to know from the PNAM and the AI that have already gone through this process,

Why did you choose your particular org?

What was it (if it reveals the org you don't have to answer)?

Was your journey all up hill? were there any ebbs and flows? was it easy?

But this kind of reminds me of when I was back in at school and rush week (this was back in 1991).

I got cut hard (13 houses, 1 colony), but stayed on, not too sure about 1 org, fell head over heels with another and would be ok with the middle one. I don't exactly remember when I got cut hard again...remember I only had 3 orgs to choose from, I think it was right before Pref and I had a choice to go with a new colony or sign my bid with the org that I wasn't too sure about. I think a day before, I talked with another Rho Chi (mine where of no help whatsoever), she helped me get over losing the group that I just LOVED (funny thing found out that was her group) and I knew that the colony was an iffy thing and the group that I preffed were some wonderful girls (but to be honest they did not have the best rep - which was undeserved and were the smallest chapter on the campus), but I had an epiphany about 2 girls, one (who eventually was my roommate) and the other who preffed me. I've never regretted the decision to pledge (that what is was back then) this group. I threw myself into it, it was my first time away from home, I was technically a sophomore/junior when I transferred but the program I was entering I was a freshmen (Interior Design). I had found a home away from home and love every minute of it, I was elected Pledge Class President, had great fun, vote the Best Pledge, got the highest score on the national exam (98%), got along with my pledge sisters, had a wonderful relationship with my "Mom" aka Mom/Dot instead of Big/Little and perhaps one week before initiation, they depledged me. The reason they gave me was that I was too attached to my family (who were in a different state), of course this was a BS reason. The night that I found out I just KNEW, they had a meeting where all the pledges had to leave the floor, once we were allowed back in, I went straight to my room (they allowed us to move-in on the floor on Bid Day if we choose to, which I did, maybe I shouldn't have, but that’s here nor there) called my bio sister and told her that they let kicked me out, I was on the phone with my mother when the knock came and told me. They didn't give me any warnings, such as a discipline meeting or the like. This sent me into such a tailspin that I really never recovered from and a year later I left school, I just couldn't handle it and I saw some of the girls during Formal rush that summer and I freaked.

I'm not worried that this will happen now, I KNOW that I will find a home and I want it to be with Urania see my PNAM thread here for group names.

I'm just anxious to hear from someone about anything, be it a yes (in interest) or no we don't do that or we have enough alumna. Just to be clear this is not the group that I was involved with in college. I've emailed the HQs to ask how to go about contacting the groups again and to see what is the proper way to contact, because I got both email addresses and phone numbers, I just don't think its appropriate to call them randomly out of the blue.

I guess I'm panicking or restless, but I think I need some advice on how to approach this and do everything by the book.

Thanks for listening
Ms. Gwyn

*edited b/c I can spell or tell a story very well...this from an English Major...go figure*

Last edited by ms_gwyn; 01-22-2004 at 03:47 AM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-21-2004, 11:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via AIM to AchtungBaby80 Send a message via Yahoo to AchtungBaby80
Wow...what nightmare! I'm so sorry. I don't really know much at all about AI, but there are lots of people on this board who have done it or are going through the process right now, so you're in good company.
Old 01-22-2004, 12:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Wow what a battle to find a home but I do not think you should give up. Have you looked at all orgs that offer AI? I know you were very close to this group in college but now is different. You may find something you looking for in another group. Just a suggestions.

Best of luck!