GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 307,900
Threads: 114,785
Welcome to our newest member, 27shops

Old 06-02-2004, 09:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dzandiloo
OK: Here's a soap opera stretch:

Harry becomes more & more disillusioned about things he finds out about James Potter, truth is that James & Lily hated each other and in the end, it turns out that Snape is actually Harry's father. Heee.

I know. This isn't Star Wars...just a funny thought. I think there is more of a connection b/t Harry & Snape than we realize...just don't know what it is yet.

Nah..Snape is too greasy....Lily couldn't have hald on long enough for anything to happen
Old 06-02-2004, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by polarpi
It's a stag....it's mentioned in the end of POA
Oh yeah, thanks I'm an idiot. I'm only halfway through my re-read of PoA. Can you tell why I'm re-reading?
Old 06-02-2004, 09:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
Quote:
Originally posted by SSS1365
Oh yeah, thanks I'm an idiot. I'm only halfway through my re-read of PoA. Can you tell why I'm re-reading?
Absolutely...that's the only reason why I knew the answer
Old 06-03-2004, 02:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AOII*Azra-elle
I was watching the extras on the 2nd movie and I think someone mentioned that Harry dies in book 7. I don't think Black is actually dead in book 5, something in the way it happens and what is exactly told to Harry makes me think Black will show up in either of the last books. I hope so, it sucks that she killed him off for now. I think Snape is a good guy, maybe he just wants that Prof of Dark Arts too bad and is always bitter when he doesn't get it!
I know that she'll be there if ever I need her.
I know that our friendship is true.
Old 06-10-2004, 02:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Send a message via AIM to Lady Pi Phi
I'm re-reading book four and I just finished the chapter where Voldemort rises and explains a little history behind himself and his downfall.
Anyway, Voldemort says that his father was a muggle and he left him and his mother when Voldemort's father found out she was a witch. So I can understand why he hates muggles.
Now Lucius hates muggles and "mudbloods" so it makes me wonder if Malfoy knows that Voldemort is part muggle. Because I doubt Lucius would want to be a servant to a "mudblood".
If Malfoy doesn't know that Voldemort is part muggle, it makes me wonder if he won't turn on Voldemort in book 7.
Old 06-10-2004, 02:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chideltjen
Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Pi Phi
I'm re-reading book four and I just finished the chapter where Voldemort rises and explains a little history behind himself and his downfall.
Anyway, Voldemort says that his father was a muggle and he left him and his mother when Voldemort's father found out she was a witch. So I can understand why he hates muggles.
Now Lucius hates muggles and "mudbloods" so it makes me wonder if Malfoy knows that Voldemort is part muggle. Because I doubt Lucius would want to be a servant to a "mudblood".
If Malfoy doesn't know that Voldemort is part muggle, it makes me wonder if he won't turn on Voldemort in book 7.
It's a good theory... but I remember reading something in the 5th book about how Harry discovered an old family tree in the house he was trapped in. I thought that Malfoy's family was listed on the family tree AND there was muggle blood that ran in the family. I am going to have to re-read everything, but I do remember them looking at a family tree. Or maybe it was Sirius'?
Old 06-10-2004, 03:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by chideltjen
It's a good theory... but I remember reading something in the 5th book about how Harry discovered an old family tree in the house he was trapped in. I thought that Malfoy's family was listed on the family tree AND there was muggle blood that ran in the family. I am going to have to re-read everything, but I do remember them looking at a family tree. Or maybe it was Sirius'?
It was Sirius' And half of the pictures of family members had been destroyed because they disgraced the Black name. He (Sirius) was cousins with Mrs. Malfoy, I believe.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.
Old 06-10-2004, 03:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes...Narcissa is a Sirius's cousin along with Bellatrix and Tonks' mother, they are all sisters.

I get the feeling that Voldie ol' boy has not told THAT many people that he is not "pure blood". He has issues... I mean it is a known fact that he is the last descendent of Salazar Slytherin a known pure blood advocate, he was in Slytherin House, his father left his mother-witch because of that fact, so that is whe he choose Harry as his equal since Harry is a "Half-Blood" himself (which I don't get, because both his parents were magical...I guess they are going off a Lily since she grew up Muggle...anyway) and not Neville who comes from a very strong Magical Family background.

I really think only a few people know that Voldie is not pure-blood like Dumbledore and Harry....if I remember the last scene of between Harry, Draco, Crabbe and Goyle...Harry's mentions that Voldie is not pure blood, it's implied that Draco, Crabbe and Goyle did not believe him and were attempting to jinx/hex him before McGonagall came through the door.
Old 06-10-2004, 03:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DolphinChicaDDD
Nope. On JK's offical site (www.jkrowling.com if you have a spare moment, go there it is so faboulous!!) she says that Crookshanks is half Kneazle. To find out what a Kneazle is, you have to read the book "Care of Magical Creatures". The money goes to chartiy, so she won't say what a Kneazel actually is, but I suppose it is somewhere on the internet.

Seriously though, go to her website if you have a free minute. There are little extas hidden....like, the cell phone is there for more than just decoration....
The book is called Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them....and the money goes to Comic Relief which helps poor children all over the world.
Old 06-10-2004, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Quote:
Originally posted by ADPiAkron
The book is called Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them....and the money goes to Comic Relief which helps poor children all over the world.
I bought this book the other day.
I'm glad it goes to charity. As much as I love Ms. Rowling, she doesn't really need any more money
Old 06-10-2004, 04:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Did you get the combination with Quidditch Through the Ages?

I was on the waiting list for these "side" books when the first came out.
Old 06-10-2004, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
I was able to pick up the "side" books at Walmart a few years ago with no problem! Maybe since everything's become so desirable to Harry fans, it makes it difficult to find these anywhere?
Old 06-11-2004, 09:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ms_gwyn
Did you get the combination with Quidditch Through the Ages?

I was on the waiting list for these "side" books when the first came out.
Yep, I bought that one too. They were sold seperately though.
Old 06-11-2004, 10:37 AM
GreekChat Member

The Black Family Tree is posted on the Harry Potter Lexicon at:
http://www.hp-lexicon.org/wizards/bl...mily-tree.html

Sirius is related to Narcissa Malfoy (Draco's mother) and distantly related to the Weasleys.
Old 06-11-2004, 11:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
ahhh, so many Harry Potter freaks!!! I am one, too.

Things I think may happen in Books 6/7:

--Dumbledore will die
--Ron and Hermione will date
--Neville may be the hero
--Luna Lovegood will play a key role in discovering what exactly has happened to Sirius Black
--More will be revealed about the relationship between Snape, James, and Lily