GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,450
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zluspitt7200
» Online Users: 2,385
1 members and 2,384 guests
oncegreek

Old 08-20-2002, 09:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KappaKittyCat
tattoos

Okay, ladies, I'm thinking of getting a tattoo. I know this sounds dorky, but I've been drawing the same thing on my ankle every day to see how it looks, how I like it, etc. It's really tiny, our pledge pin with our letters underneath it, in sky & sea of course. I'd only joked about it before, but then I met this really cool PDC at Convention (for anyone who was there, she's the one who did the inspirational reading from The Velveteen Rabbit) who had KKG tattooed on the inside of her ankle. It looked awesome. So my question is, do any of you have Kappa tattoos? Have you ever considered it?

Tawk amongst yourselves...
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-20-2002, 10:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm too chicken to get a tattoo (took me 5 years to work up the courage to get my belly button pierced), but I always said if I did it'd be a dragon, because I was born in the Chinese Year of the Dragon.

Several of the girls I advise at ZH have KKG tattoos. At least one has a beatiful design of our badge, with gemstones. That's the one I remember best, but I'm pretty sure some otherss have irises or keys. I like the idea of the sigma within the delta very much.
Old 08-21-2002, 04:19 PM
GreekChat Member

tattoo for you?

I have to admit, I LOVE the idea of having a KKG tattoo, but the thing is that I just can't imagine (1) going through the physical pain it takes to get one, and (2) having an old, nasty stretched out and wrinkled tattoo on my body when I am 85. Also (3), I'm not sure how Standards feels about Kappa-related letters and symbols being used as tattoos.

I used to do some volunteer work at a nursing home, and I have SEEN what gravity does to tattoos--not a pretty sight AT ALL!!!!

However, had I not had that experience, and if I was certain that Standards was okay with the idea, I would likely get one, and the only thing I would get would be Kappa related; probably a very very small copy of our badge (with no jewels) in light gold. If would probably get it on the small of my back.

Loyally,

imsohappythatiama

Last edited by imsohappythatiama; 11-19-2002 at 08:26 AM.
Old 09-01-2002, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't think I know anyone with a Kappa tat, but my roomie and I have been talking about getting very small fleur-de-lis tattoos... I have a small shooting star on my right hip, and think a petite fleur-de-lis would look nice on my left hip, but I'm still debating. I think it would be really special and more secret than having my letters on me.
Old 09-02-2002, 01:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, I DID IT! Thanks to KappaStarGirl for moral support this weekend! She took me to the best place in Chicago and I got a free t-shirt and a mug. It did hurt a bit, kind of like a scratch from a cat that means business. (I almost passed out during it, actually, more from nerves than pain), but it only stings now and it looks so cool! It's about an inch and a half tall & wide, the pledge pin centered on top of the letters, sky & sea like my signature. The pledge pin's slightly enlarged, probably about 3/4" on each side.

KerriMarie, I think a fleur would look adorable on your hip, especially if you've got the star on the other side. I say, "Go for it!"

I haven't told any of my active chapter sisters yet. I think I'm going to wait 'til we get back to school in 2 weeks and surprise them.

Yay!
Old 11-15-2002, 12:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Question

I'm surprised your nationals allows tattoos. My GLO states that we are not alllowed to get a tattoo with our letters or anything to do with the sorority because it is unladylike.
Old 12-02-2002, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I saw a member of the Associate Council (a Province Director of Chapters) with a similar tattoo at Convention, so as far as I know, it's allowed. There were also some with odd piercings (noses and eyebrows).
Old 04-24-2007, 02:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NikkiB
I've got a light blue and dark blue fleur de lis on the inside of my right ankle, and i can think of at least 4 other sisters who have fleur de lis, and one who has an actual iris. I do get "are you a saints fan?" all the time. but it also was fun,because my moms' boss' wife was a Kappa and she saw it and immediately recognized that we were sisters