GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,431
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zsamuljunior205
» Online Users: 2,443
2 members and 2,441 guests
No Members online

Old 09-12-2015, 02:55 AM
GreekChat Member

I would advise not to drop, as many here have done. I too felt disconnected from my pledge class, and to this day even as an alum I rarely speak to them. We just never had a ton in common.

However, it takes time. A lot of time. Friendship is not instant, as you know, but I understand how overwhelming it must feel for you right now. It's perfectly fine to excuse yourself from drinking, to go home and study or read and have a quiet night in when you're not up for it.

What matters the most is giving it a chance and making an effort to get to know your sisters. Remember: IT. TAKES. TIME. It can take quite a lot of time. Don't beat yourself up if you're not OMG BFF the first week. That will all fade and change, trust me. Alliances shift, people change, etc.

I guarantee you there are other girls in your chapter like you. It takes time to find them.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-12-2015, 11:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveMaroon View Post
I think the Apple/Orange/Banana is really sort of a red herring in all this. I got my absolute first choice, connected with plenty of girls on a lot of different levels and still thought to myself, several times the first month or two, "Oh, dear, what have I done?"

Remember too that the wild girls are likely going to get a reality check at some point in their first semester. So the craziness that occurs now cannot sustain forever.

My advice - talk to your NME - she can help you meet sisters who share common interests.
Those midterm grade reports suck for a whole lot of people in the first semester of freshman year. People have to get serious or go home.
Old 09-12-2015, 12:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I would definitely stick it out. It takes time for a group to mesh and you will become closer and closer to the sisters you have the most in common with as time goes on.
Old 09-12-2015, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

The first semester is always the hardest because it is your first time from leaving home.
Being a pledge at the same time is even more stressful!

But in saying this, when and if you are initiated and become an active member a lot will change. Remember, being in a Sorority is not just about the 4-5 years in college.

One can be very active as an alum also.

LX Z # 1
Alumni