GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Social
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,454
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, nathnpetrovo648
» Online Users: 1,546
1 members and 1,545 guests
No Members online

Old 05-30-2002, 12:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face

Bring some extra clothes! Especially if it's cold outside, you will freeze your behind off when you leave!

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-20-2006, 09:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile i need some advice please

hey guys, im thinking of throwing a huge foam party (250+) for my fraternity, sigeps, heres the events im going have a dj, some local bands play, around 6 - 8 kegs, and some beer games such as a beer pong tourney. this is going to be held around the spring time. Heres the problems, i need a great location (its has to be outside), and the police. What are the laws in underage drinking and are there any loopholes, and how can i prevent my party to be broken up, and me going to jail.
and how should i advertise my party on party or just word of mouth. o and i plan on charge an admission fee of 7 dollars (too high or too low?)
and one last thing im planning on getting the foam from foamplay.com are they any good or should of get some1 else

thanks everybody for ur advice
Old 12-21-2006, 12:50 AM
GreekChat Member

That is about the most GDI thing I have ever heard of. You should be slapped.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky1afterfall View Post
hey guys, im thinking of throwing a huge foam party (250+) for my fraternity, sigeps, heres the events im going have a dj, some local bands play, around 6 - 8 kegs, and some beer games such as a beer pong tourney. this is going to be held around the spring time. Heres the problems, i need a great location (its has to be outside), and the police. What are the laws in underage drinking and are there any loopholes, and how can i prevent my party to be broken up, and me going to jail.
and how should i advertise my party on party or just word of mouth. o and i plan on charge an admission fee of 7 dollars (too high or too low?)
and one last thing im planning on getting the foam from foamplay.com are they any good or should of get some1 else

thanks everybody for ur advice
First of all, underage drinking is illegal, that's why it's called "underage drinking". Second of all, in most cities, you cannot charge admission to a party where alcohol is being served unless the party is taking place at a bar. Thirdly, I didn't think people still threw foam parties, I thought they went out of style years ago.

Now, your best bet is to rent out a night club to have your party. That way, you'll have a DJ, the bartenders at the club will be serving alcoholic beverages to those over 21, and there will be bouncers in case any sort of fracas breaks out, for a price set by the club. Usually that price is around $1000. To lower these costs, plan the event in conjunction with another fraternity or a sorority (Of course, you'll then have to spilt the profits from your event evenly between yourselves and the other organization.)

For publicity, you can have 3x5 flyers printed up with a creative design for around $200 for 2000 flyers at any local copy shop, then either hand them out outside the student union or place them on windowsills, benches and tables (if your school allows it) once details are finalized. Also utilize Facebook, and word-of-mouth advertising to get your event noticed. And don't forget to invite people from other Greek organizations (not just sororities, fraternities too) to your party. Usually when Greeks have club parties here in Buffalo, Greeks are given a discount of $1-3 off of cover if they wear any form of letters to the club the night of the party.

For possible cover prices, you should take into account, how much overhead you have and how much profit you expect, add those two numbers together and divide the sum by the number of people you expect to attend your party, and voila you have your cover price!
Old 12-21-2006, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macallan25 View Post
That is about the most GDI thing I have ever heard of. You should be slapped.
I concur.

The last foam party I saw was featured on "Next" - I'll leave it at that...

(No busting my chops for watching "Next.")
Old 12-21-2006, 12:50 PM
GreekChat Member

You guys suck My friend Rob's graduation party was supposed to have a foam party but it fell through at the last minute. I was so disappointed. No jello wrestling, no foam...
And no, he wasn't GDI.

And Jesus speaketh, "do unto others as they did unto you because the bitches deserve it".

Old 12-21-2006, 12:52 PM
GreekChat Member

My daughter has a foam party every night in the bathtub.

She's a cool toddler.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur532 View Post
You guys suck My friend Rob's graduation party was supposed to have a foam party but it fell through at the last minute. I was so disappointed. No jello wrestling, no foam...
And no, he wasn't GDI.
Same Rob?
Old 12-21-2006, 04:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunatartare View Post
Same Rob?
Same Rob!

And Jesus speaketh, "do unto others as they did unto you because the bitches deserve it".

Old 12-22-2006, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraKD View Post
Has anyone ever heard of a foam party or something like that? All I know is that there is tons of foam. I've heard about them, but I don't really know what it is.
There was a foam party at one of the houses this year and I hear that the whole house is covered in foam from top to bottom and that some crazy stuff happens at those parties. Like girls having sex in the foam undetected with people
Old 12-25-2006, 03:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhrozenGod01 Send a message via Yahoo to PhrozenGod01
Quote:
Originally Posted by kappa_babe View Post
There was a foam party at one of the houses this year and I hear that the whole house is covered in foam from top to bottom and that some crazy stuff happens at those parties. Like girls having sex in the foam undetected with people
That's the only reason I would go to a foam party.
Old 12-25-2006, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunatartare View Post
Same Rob?
I dunno, but your s/n just made me hungry.
Old 12-25-2006, 10:51 PM
GreekChat Member

It is delicious.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Foam Parties

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraKD View Post
Has anyone ever heard of a foam party or something like that? All I know is that there is tons of foam. I've heard about them, but I don't really know what it is.
They've been around since the 90s as far as I know. My first Foam party experience was during grad week down in Cancun. Club attire was your swimsuit on the dancefloor. There was a huge jet at the center that kept spraying foam everywhere. If you have the opportunity to go please go. It's a good experience.
Old 12-31-2006, 03:51 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boodleboy322 View Post
They've been around since the 90s as far as I know. My first Foam party experience was during grad week down in Cancun. Club attire was your swimsuit on the dancefloor. There was a huge jet at the center that kept spraying foam everywhere. If you have the opportunity to go please go. It's a good experience.
Yeah, except foam parties stopped being cool about 5 years ago.