GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 957
2 members and 955 guests
chi-o_cat, indygphib

Old 06-17-2020, 11:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DGTess
Lightaqua, you say "...cause I see what greek life has done for my friends and the community." That's what caught my eye. I ask you to do some serious soul-searching; I think what greek life has done for your friends in terms of growth may be a side-effect not of "being in a sorority" but in living that lifestyle for several years with others in the same boat.

All the organizations attempt to benefit their communities, so you *might* be able to meet your goals with a service sorority or organization.

Good luck with your path.
Old 06-19-2020, 11:40 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm piggybacking on DGTess's comment to add this thought:

Lightaqua, what have you done for any organization that makes you a desirable candidate for AI? In every case of AI that I know for my organization, the candidate has volunteered in some meaningful capacity that is related to our values. She has done so without any expectation of being offered membership. It's been a surprise to the AI candidate to be proposed for membership, from all that I've read and observed.

Perhaps you could shift your focus to being of service to a philanthropy, and give it a few years before you pursue a sorority membership. From where I sit it appears that you want letters and are yearning for something you've missed out on by virtue of your life choices. That's my opinion based on what you've written.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity