GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,339
4 members and 1,335 guests
Cookiez17, g41965, Xidelt

Old 03-07-2018, 07:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Not to mention, having too many organizations will raise a red flag that you're overcommitted and wouldn't have time for sorority activities. Actives are looking for members who do more than just show up to mandatory things, but who take the lead in the chapter, who come to voluntary activities, who put in work behind the scenes, and who form those sisterhood bonds.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:27 PM
GreekChat Member

And you don’t have to “join a club” to be involved in activities. Many campuses have all kinds of partnerships with local charities, schools and other community entities. Volunteer to read to children at an elementary school, give your time at an after-school day care, help paint a building or engage in a neighborhood clean-up near campus, volunteer at a local food pantry.
All Greek organizations recognize and admire community service—and it looks as good on a resume as it does on a sorority or fraternity recommendation form.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:32 AM
GreekChat Member

^^^ what PGD-GRAD said.

Might I add that it also makes me feel good about me, when I do something for others? It improves my ability to relate to people, and be of service, and my mood brightens when I'm not wrapped up in my own messes. Does that make sense? Do you know what I mean? I don't do it for recognition or whatever, I'm kind of past that point now (thankfully).

Humane societies and animal shelters love volunteers. Dogs need to be walked daily. It's fun, plus it gets you outside. Just another thought/suggestion.