GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Beta > Beta Sigma Phi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,399
0 members and 1,399 guests
No Members online

Old 07-17-2012, 11:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Question Active Online Chapters of Beta Sigma Phi

I am interested in pursing membership in Beta Sigma Phi. I am probably going to seek an online membership first due to working third shift.

I was just wondering if there is any particular online chapters that are extremely active?

Also, I am really not sure how meeting times are structured. Are meetings over a period of hours/days or are they set at a limited time?

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-17-2012, 08:13 PM

I don't know which ones are very active.

I can say that meetings are a set time each month and members will typically email in they are present. Some may use chat room type stuff now instead of only email. It depends on the chapter. When I was in one it was over email and lasted a couple of days--that may vary from chapter to chapter though. If you are interested in doing that, I would try to "visit" a few before picking one that suits what you are looking for.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi! I am a member of Online Kappa. I can speak to our procedures, but every online chapter is different. Some operate just like a land chapter with meetings, programs, and socials. Others are more like a chat group or e-mail list. You should "visit" a few to see where you find the best fit.

Also, it is important to know that some online chapters will take brand new pledges, and some will not. You'll need to check that out.

I don't know which chapters are most active. I hope you find a chapter that works well for you.

Erica
Order of the Rose recipient
Old 11-19-2012, 03:04 AM
GreekChat Member

I am part of Online Iota and we are currently striving to improve our chapter, we're trying to organize things like book club, secret sister and many other activities. We've been pretty active in months past and we're open to changes and advice as well. I've enjoyed my time there so far and while we're small, it's been great getting to know so many diverse women.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:49 AM
GreekChat Member

How small is "small"? Online Kappa has a cap of 25, and we usually hover just below that. I love the size. I think our size allows us to really know each other. We do Special Sisters and community service. These are important aspects of our chapter. I think our programs and socials are what really make OLK successful. The quality amazes me every month!

You may find it useful to sit in on a meeting with another chapter. I would love to have you visit OLK. We have guests from time to time for various reasons.

Do you have specific aspects of chapter life that you are wondering about?
Old 11-19-2012, 02:24 PM
GreekChat Member

By small I mean less than 10 people, we average 6-8. I like my chapter, the women there are really nice, we're working on making more things happen, like secret sister and more discussions as opposed to just chapter business. How do you do community service as an online group?
Old 11-21-2012, 08:08 AM
GreekChat Member

With under 10, you should be able to establish a wonderful bond.

In OLK, we only conduct business during our monthly meeting. The meeting usually lasts two days (Sunday and Monday). The rest of the time we are just writing back and forth about our lives, just enjoying the friendships that we've built.

Our community service mostly happens through donating to meaningful causes. Our annual dues go into the general treasury, and then each year, the Service Chair proposes three or four charities. We vote on our favorite, and we give a check to them. We also give to Beta Sigma Phi's Disaster Relief Fund every year.

Good luck in helping your chapter grow and thrive!
Old 09-15-2013, 09:13 AM
GreekChat Member

to anyone looking to join an online chapter... OL Omicron is fairly new (2011) and we are always looking for new sisters to join our sisterhood! We have a great group of ladies from all over the world! I am the current President so if you are interested let me know!
Old 09-15-2013, 11:04 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm now a member of Online Sigma after leaving my land chapter when I moved to attend graduate school. You should check us out.