GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,312
1 members and 1,311 guests
g41965

Old 09-19-2007, 02:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantASTic View Post
No, busy but not overstressed, and no.
You didn't have ANY sort of NM Ed meeting? At all? You just pledged one day and started going to chapter meetings, etc without any formal time set up for NM to learn about your sorority??
Old 09-19-2007, 02:32 PM
GreekChat Member

No, we had NM meetings, but there were, of course, actives there directing it. That is not against the hazing laws, anyways.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
No, we had NM meetings, but there were, of course, actives there directing it. That is not against the hazing laws, anyways.
Not ALL of the actives were required to attend. ALL NMs were required to attend. That sets the new members apart, and can therefore be classified as hazing.

You can take anything to ridiculosity...
Old 09-19-2007, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Did ALL the actives have to attend?

If not, it can be construed as hazing. The NMs were set apart from the actives as there was a special meeting that only they (and a few actives that volunteered) were required to attend.

Oh, and MysticCat, if you look like crap in the sorority's colors, that can cause you discomfort. Hazing.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
Not ALL of the actives were required to attend. ALL NMs were required to attend. That sets the new members apart, and can therefore be classified as hazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Did ALL the actives have to attend?

If not, it can be construed as hazing. The NMs were set apart from the actives as there was a special meeting that only they (and a few actives that volunteered) were required to attend.
Are you my sister or something???
Old 09-19-2007, 02:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Oh, and MysticCat, if you look like crap in the sorority's colors, that can cause you discomfort. Hazing.
I had to wake up at 8am in order to go to initiation. This caused me great discomfort as I went to bed into the wee hours of the morning the night before. So going by this, our ritual and chapter advisors hazed me?
Old 09-19-2007, 02:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Point very well taken.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SthrnZeta
Quote:
Quite true! I tend to wear the dark turquoises as opposed to the bright ones and thank God, I love the combo of turquoise and grey!
Old 09-19-2007, 02:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuteASAbug View Post
I had to wake up at 8am in order to go to initiation. This caused me great discomfort as I went to bed into the wee hours of the morning the night before. So going by this, our ritual and chapter advisors hazed me?
8am? Screw you! I can't say what time I had to get up but lets just say I had 20 minutes of sleep that night. (Not because of my active sisters, just because of the sleeping arrangements).

Oh yeah, the pledge pin. We were required to wear our pledge pin except for the three S's-Shower, Swimming, Sex. Probably sleep as well, I can't remember. Oh, and partying of course. But regular everyday stuff required it. HAZED! I WAS HAZED! We also couldn't initiate until our entire class got an 85 or better on the exam and we couldn't leave the room we took it in until we did so. Only one pledge sister had a problem and we helped her out quickly. I got a 99.5 (damn that omicron! Sorry AOII).

And Jesus speaketh, "do unto others as they did unto you because the bitches deserve it".

Old 09-19-2007, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

New member ed is not hazing. It is a requirement expected of ALL the members. It has a reasonable, constructive and educational purpose WHEN performed under the supervision (approval) of your nationals.

Our sorority isn't permitted to hold any kind of new member activity, including education meetings, without national approval. That approval covers the dates, locations, the schedule of activities and detailing what the activities are comprised of. This absolves the national group if the chapter screws up.

Separating an individual or a group of individuals from the rest, and requiring them to do something that is not expected of the rest of the members, and has neither reasonable nor constructive educational or service oriented intent, can be considered hazing.

Nationally approved new member education meetings and new education practices, are not hazing.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexMack View Post
8am? Screw you! I can't say what time I had to get up but lets just say I had 20 minutes of sleep that night. (Not because of my active sisters, just because of the sleeping arrangements).

Oh yeah, the pledge pin. We were required to wear our pledge pin except for the three S's-Shower, Swimming, Sex. Probably sleep as well, I can't remember. Oh, and partying of course. But regular everyday stuff required it. HAZED! I WAS HAZED! We also couldn't initiate until our entire class got an 85 or better on the exam and we couldn't leave the room we took it in until we did so. Only one pledge sister had a problem and we helped her out quickly. I got a 99.5 (damn that omicron! Sorry AOII).

Every time you post, I am proud to call you my sister...
Old 09-19-2007, 10:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
No NM on my campus wore letters before initiation, NPC, IFC, or local...it was always awesome to see a group of girls walk by in letters, you knew they just all crossed.

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 09-20-2007, 12:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SthrnZeta
OMG, SigKap, you were hazed!!! Perish the thought! I think it's awesome to see all the other girls you went through R with in letters around the same time too because we all knew what it meant. It just goes back to the point about campus climate...
Old 09-20-2007, 01:21 AM
GreekChat Member

AlexMack,
No hard feelings on the 'omicron'...apparently no ones heard of it. lol!!