GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,253
2 members and 1,251 guests
navane, speedsters

Old 08-15-2003, 09:30 AM
GreekChat Member

$300 million is a lot of money and a lot can be done with it. The first thing that I would do with it would be to put $5 million into my non-profit organization t be used to help teens adjust to college and life after high school. I would donate $1 million to my home chapter so that they could buy their own house and not have to use public facilities for meetings. I would also donate $5 million to National HQ because I believe that Delta is one of the best public service organizations to support.

For medical research would be broken down in this manner:
$50 million towards sickle cell research
$50 million to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
$50 million towards AIDS research

$40 million would go to the Ronald McDonald Foundation
$50 million would go to a fund to feed villages in Africa
$30 million would go to a fund to build schools and houses in Africa
$19 million wyould be given for the teachers to teach in Africa
Old 12-01-2004, 07:26 AM
GreekChat Member

TTT

I STILL NEED TO ANSWER this question.

In honor of it being WORLD AIDS DAY, I am increasing your winnings to 600 MILLION but the same stipulations APPLY!!

Last edited by CrimsonTide4; 12-01-2004 at 09:16 AM.
Old 12-03-2004, 03:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I have absolutely nothing to do at work and Yahoo mail is OOO so here goes:

1. 150 Million to build Sarratt Square in Cleveland, Ohio. I would specifically build this in the location of the apartments I was born in. Sarratt Square would consist of 20 apartment homes -- 1, 2, 3, and 4 BR apartment homes for low income families. It would also consist of a job training center with courses on starting and running your own business, day care facility, shopping center with grocery store, library, Target, and

2. 100 Million to run a homeless shelter where the empty Holiday Inn is on the corner of Emery and Northfield. The Holiday Inn is at least a 10 story facility. The first floor would consist of job training; 2nd floor would be a mental health and substance abuse rehabilitation facility as well as doctors and dentists and hairstylists who work pro bono; 3rd floor would be the day care facility.

3. 140 Million -- Extreme Makeover: Home Edition/Renovate My Family/Habitat 4 Humanity to rebuild 15 homes in Charlotte and 15 homes in Cleveland. We would also offer marital counseling, family counseling, individual counseling. Homes would be built to accommodate the size of the family. Might not be as lavish as Extreme Makeover but would be an improvement from current circumstances. Counseling is because it makes no sense to rebuild the home if the people inside have not also been rebuilt.

4. 1 Million to renovate and reopen the Drive In Movie Theatre on Miles Avenue in Cleveland, Ohio.

5. 2 Million -- Old Zayre on Northfield in Cleveland Ohio would become an after school facility/skating rink/recreation center. Free skating on Fridays to honor roll students.

6. 100 Million ~ Homeless Shelter in Charlotte

7. 3 Million ~ Grants to help authors of any genre who want to self publish

8. 10 Million ~ AIDS

9. 10 Million ~ Cancer

10. 25 Million ~ Warrensville Heights City Schools

11. 20 Million ~ Cleveland Public Schools

To Wittenberg University (my alma mater)
$500,000 to Omicron Theta Chapter and the Crystal T. Scott Scholarship fund

$500,000 to build a new BLACK Culture House

$1 Million to the Minority Achievement Scholarship
$8 Million to build a new Zimmerman Hall (psychology department)

29 Million to build my own residential school for Black males grades 6 - 12 in North Carolina
Old 12-03-2004, 06:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to 9dstpm
I'm waiting on my appointment to show up, so while I'm waiting:

I would give 100 million to where I work because we function
from donations from the United Way as well as various grants. I work at a shelter for homeless and runaway teens and teen moms and their babies. I would buy new vehicles, have all the bedrooms with matching sheets and comforters, build a bigger facility for our teen moms. (right now we have only 2 bedrooms for them). This would also give us more money for our drug education progam, our Girl Scout troop, our teen parenting programs, and more money for our outreach programs for kids that are having problems.

200 million to my church to bolster our existing ministries and create some new ones like for divorced/single parents, one for people who have lost children (like through miscarriges, stillbirth, etc.) expand our Web ministry, and just improve the church in general.

50 million to Saginaw Valley State University (my alma mater) to create scholarships for Black students. SVSU would only get this money if they can show an increase in the retention rate for Black students on a yearly basis.

50 million to my high school if they would change the name back to T.L. Weston High School (right now it's Greenville-Weston High School.) I would appoint a board of trustees among our alumni to oversee the money. I'd make sure that the newspaper and yearbook were brought back, that they give letter jackets for honor students like they give for athletics, have more art, literature, and theatre programs in the school, and to give scholarships for low-income, high-achieving students.

50 million to Grand Chapter--no explanation needed. I love DST!!

20 million to the Public Libraries of Saginaw for more books and programs.

20 million to the County Health Department so they can have more services for children and family health care.

10 million to the National Association of Social Workers

10 million to the Children's Defense Fund

10 million to the National Council of Negro Women

10 million to the NAACP

30 million to PBS, NPR, and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting to attract more dramas (like American Family), talk shows (like Tavis), and children's programming for minority audiences by minorities.

20 million to my alma mater's Social Work department

20 million to my alma mater's Rho Mu chapter, Saginaw Alumnae chapter and to our youth group.

I'm through!!