GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics


Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:
 
Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

  I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 326,192
Threads: 115,534
Posts: 2,197,868
Welcome to our newest member, aannatopo2815
» Online Users: 1,208
2 members and 1,206 guests
No Members online
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-22-2024, 11:49 AM
Zach Zach is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2023
Location: Houston
Posts: 250
Apologize or go to jail

https://www.cbs42.com/alabama-news/a...ng-28-in-a-25/
Reply With Quote
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
  #2  
Old 05-22-2024, 12:50 PM
PrettyBoy PrettyBoy is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Twin Cities
Posts: 6,417
I wouldn’t apologize.
__________________
The world system is in direct opposition to God and His Word — PrettyBoy
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-22-2024, 01:27 PM
andthen andthen is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: right side of the coast
Posts: 508
Ridiculous! A ticket for 3 miles over the speed limit?! Its not like the guy went around a stopped school buss with its lights on...

I haven't gotten a ticket in long time (knocks wood), but I've had some cops who were pretty decent and treated me with the respect I gave them. There were some who were absolute jerks. It sounds like in this case the cop and the judge sound like absolute jerks although the words going through my head are more colorful. I'm glad this father is telling his story in the media.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-22-2024, 05:14 PM
Zach Zach is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2023
Location: Houston
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
I wouldn’t apologize.
I wouldn’t either, but you know what that was about, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andthen View Post
Ridiculous! A ticket for 3 miles over the speed limit?! Its not like the guy went around a stopped school buss with its lights on...

I haven't gotten a ticket in long time (knocks wood), but I've had some cops who were pretty decent and treated me with the respect I gave them. There were some who were absolute jerks. It sounds like in this case the cop and the judge sound like absolute jerks although the words going through my head are more colorful. I'm glad this father is telling his story in the media.
The cop and the judge are stuck in 1944 vs 2024. That’s how it looks from my perspective.

Last edited by Zach; 05-22-2024 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Typo
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-22-2024, 08:16 PM
PrettyBoy PrettyBoy is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Twin Cities
Posts: 6,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach View Post
I wouldn’t either, but you know what that was about, right?
Well yeah, it’s more than obvious. It’s not even the 28 in a 25 speeding ticket that bothered me. It’s the apology or jail time that did. But just the fact he stood in front of his mirror so he couldn’t drive away, without hitting the officer is what this is about. I think he was trying to find a “justified” reason to shoot him — the reason he wouldn’t move. Plus, it’s in Alabama. The location in itself is enough for me to see why he pulled him over. But then again, to me, if we’re talking about that, then anything south of the Canadian border is south, to me.

My parents were born and raised in the 1940s, 50s, and 60s south. So, not only did they see the things that went on down there, they lived it. What they experienced was then passed down to me.

I’d go to jail before I apologized to that officer. I know what his motive was.
__________________
The world system is in direct opposition to God and His Word — PrettyBoy
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-22-2024, 11:57 PM
cheerfulgreek cheerfulgreek is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 15,060
To each their own, but I just can’t see how anyone would want to go into law enforcement today. And some people (like that judge and that cop) shouldn’t be in any kind of authoritative position at all. According to the article, his radar gun was “broken”, so, I don’t know how far I’d have gotten, but I would have fought it in court. And yes, that jail option is unnecessary, to me.
__________________
Phi Sigma
Biological Sciences Honor Society
Let’s be respectful of our differences and work to save our freedoms and the planet we inhabit. It’s ALL we’ve got, folks! ~ PGD-GRAD
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 05-23-2024 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Wanted to add something.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Phrozen Sands Phrozen Sands is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,291
Cop was definitely trying hard to start some shit. No question about it.
__________________
1906
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-23-2024, 06:05 PM
FSUZeta FSUZeta is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: naples, florida
Posts: 18,463
This is absurd on so many levels. I hope he wins in court and THEY have to apologize to him.
__________________
I live in Fantasyland and I have waterfront property.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-24-2024, 06:28 AM
Zach Zach is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2023
Location: Houston
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
Well yeah, it’s more than obvious. It’s not even the 28 in a 25 speeding ticket that bothered me. It’s the apology or jail time that did. But just the fact he stood in front of his mirror so he couldn’t drive away, without hitting the officer is what this is about. I think he was trying to find a “justified” reason to shoot him — the reason he wouldn’t move. Plus, it’s in Alabama. The location in itself is enough for me to see why he pulled him over. But then again, to me, if we’re talking about that, then anything south of the Canadian border is south, to me.

My parents were born and raised in the 1940s, 50s, and 60s south. So, not only did they see the things that went on down there, they lived it. What they experienced was then passed down to me.

I’d go to jail before I apologized to that officer. I know what his motive was.
I’ll bet you soaked in a lot of stories from your parents that aren’t taught in schools. That’s good information to have and pass on.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-24-2024, 03:18 PM
andthen andthen is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: right side of the coast
Posts: 508
Frankly I feel like the cop and the judge owe him an apology for all of this nonsensical BS they are trying to play...
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-24-2024, 07:14 PM
cheerfulgreek cheerfulgreek is offline
GreekChat Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 15,060
I think the judge needs to be removed and the cop should be fired. Those who are in a position of power/authority who allow their biases to interfere with their job and decision making, need to find a new line of work. Neither one of them have a set of principles. That’s why they think their titles give them the authority to harass and mistreat people.
__________________
Phi Sigma
Biological Sciences Honor Society
Let’s be respectful of our differences and work to save our freedoms and the planet we inhabit. It’s ALL we’ve got, folks! ~ PGD-GRAD
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-25-2024, 05:00 PM
NinjaPoodle NinjaPoodle is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: On the beach. Well....not really but near it. :0)
Posts: 13,546
I would not apologize either. Pack my Vera Bradley duffel for 30 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach View Post
I wouldn’t either, but you know what that was about, right?


The cop and the judge are stuck in 1944 vs 2024. That’s how it looks from my perspective.
This. Dumb and Dumber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
This is absurd on so many levels. I hope he wins in court and THEY have to apologize to him.
I hope he wins as well and has to apologize not only to him but his daughters.
__________________
Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc. ** Greater Service, Greater Progress
Since 1922
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
To Apologize Mrs.Pearls Alpha Kappa Alpha 0 04-09-2005 08:53 PM
i apologize IrishPhiSig Chit Chat 14 01-19-2005 04:28 PM
I apologize adepiash Alpha Delta Pi 1 10-02-2003 09:37 PM
I Apologize De6 Alpha Kappa Alpha 0 06-26-2003 06:14 PM
thank u and i apologize! CONFIDANT Alpha Kappa Alpha 0 03-16-2003 07:30 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.