GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,574
0 members and 1,574 guests
No Members online

Old 08-07-2002, 10:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Famous People you've met

Okay, I started thinking about this and don't remember seeing a thread about it but what famouse people have you met and what were they like?

I am actually friends with Kid from Kid N Play (think house party!) he is really really nice and every time he is in town we hang out.
He is doing comedy now and is really funny.

I know Nicole from Eden's Crush (the girl group made on WB) she and I went to a performing arts high school together and took dance and vocal together... by the way she is super Nice! But I haven't talked to her since high school!

I had Jeffrey Wigand as my chemistry teacher sophomore year. He is the guy the movie "The Insider" is about. He actually gave me three college recommendations and gave me perfect scores on them. He taught me a lot about science which is my least favorite subject!

Other than that i have met 98 Degrees (they are so hot in person, but short!) Kevin and Brian of Backstreet Boys, Joey and Justin of N Sync (Joey was trashed!) Melissa Joan Hart, Jessica Simpson and Jerry O Connell and I took shots together.

You should come to Louisville during Derby weekend cause there are celebs everywhere!

Facebook
Old 08-07-2002, 10:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PotentialPledge
I met Chris Tucker at my job. I also gave a tour of dc to the guy from Spin City.
Old 08-08-2002, 12:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Here's an old thread about this topic:

http://greekchat.com/gcforums/showth...=famous+people

But to put my two cents in now...

I've met Scott Speedman, a.k.a. formerly Ben from Felicity, the band Lifehouse, and Nathan from Real World Seattle. During my internship, I had to hail a cab for Barbara Walters once, and I saw Leeza Gibbons at Venice Beach and stood next to Lauren Bacall at Farmer's Market in CA.
Old 08-08-2002, 12:20 AM
Banned

Oh yeah

Yeah I had sex with Cindy Crawford and Britney Spears. Britney was nowhere as good as Rebecca Romijn. I will never call her Romijn-Stamos though because uncle Jesse is only married to my leftovers.

-Rudey
Old 08-08-2002, 03:04 AM

Well Rudey, that one's pretty hard to follow.

Over the course of a long TV directing career, I've met a few fairly famous people, including politicians, entertainers, corporate executives and sports types.

Probably the most famous overall was Bob Hope. The most down to earth (cue the laughter) was Dick Clark. The most recent was Willy Nelson.

Of all of them, I think the athletes were (with some notable exceptions) the most unimpressive. In televising sports, the most impressive commentator type was Bob Costas -- unbelievable memory.

The smartest (this is obviously subjective and my own opinion), and also the scariest was Jack Welch, former CEO of GE.

I'll probably think of others who made an impression later.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 08-08-2002, 03:48 AM
GreekChat Member

I've met Cuba Gooding Jr, Matthew and Joey Lawrence, Denise Richardson and James Marsden all while at work.

Kris Kristofferson...his son and I played in a tennis tournament together.

George Harrison...he had a house in a town near mine.

Magic Johnson....at the beach once. He used to teach a basketball camp an hour from my house and he had a house there too.
Old 08-08-2002, 04:05 AM
GreekChat Member

I don't know if anyone watches wrestling or not (I don't). I recently had the pleasure of taking care of "the undertakers" mastiff who had heatstroked. My receptionist quickly informed me that he wrestles with the rock and stone cold steve austin. Very nice guy, I can;t believe he plays a mean character.

My roommate in college dated a guy that lived with Henry Thomas (ET phone home). He was very nice/quiet/down to earth.
Old 08-08-2002, 07:51 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
In my previous life, I was the strategist for Genghis Khan.
Old 08-08-2002, 08:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Robert (La Fong) Wuhl-We went to U of H together. He was my Hubby's roommate or a while. The old gang gets together every year for golf and he has made it back a few times. We know him WELL! Could probably sell a few stories to the National Enquirer!

I probably posted this before-
John David Souther-I have pictures! singer/songwriter/actor of the '70s and 80's

Bob Dole

David Duke
Old 08-08-2002, 09:05 AM
GreekChat Member

I've never met any famous people. Yep, I suck.
Old 08-08-2002, 09:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Hmmm...

I have met The Rock, VERY nice, personable and down-to-earth. Ummm..kinda cute too! Actually I met a whole bunch of wrestlers, working out at Gold's Gym, but he was the only one I recognized or really wanted to talk to.

I have met the rapper Jadakiss, he is cool too.

Atheletes, I have met WAY too many to mention, I go to a football school. I agree with DeltAlum, the athletes really are pretty unimpressive. Even in college they walk around like someone needs to roll the red carpet out for them...um, no. When you ignore them or kinda brush them off, they are like, "Do you know who I am?" The question is "Do I care?"

Working at a music store for 3 years I met a lot of semi-famous bands and acts. Word to the wise, if any band member ever asks you to come see their tour bus, say NO! Myself and a male co-worker went onto the tourbus for a not-even-famous R&B group and let's just say that my eyes will never be the same, lol.
Old 08-08-2002, 10:09 AM
GreekChat Member

aggieAXO has met the Undertaker...
librasoul22 has met the Rock...

I AM SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, I am not being sarcastic... I am a huge WWE fan.
(If someone comes on here and says that hey have met Vince McMahon, I'm going to faint.)

BTW, I've heard that most of the WWE wrestlers are nothing like their characters, that they are all very nice, down-to-earth people (maybe with the exception of Kurt Angle, who one of my APO brothers told me that Kurt broke off his engagement w/his fiance right after he won his Olympic gold medals in '96 (the APO brother lived right across the street from the fiance and had met Kurt; said he was an a** to begin with)).
Old 08-08-2002, 10:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh, and I forgot to answer the question at hand...

I haven't met anyone famous, but Mr. wvapo has. He has served dinner to Brad Paisley and Sara Evans. He is also a cousin of John Schnieder (from the Dukes of Hazard; now he is the dad on Smallville).
Old 08-08-2002, 10:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to xok85xo
i went to high school with tara reid

my freshman year in college i met the -members of the band sister hazel after a show they did at my school

a few weeks ago i met the members of OAR at the jeep world outside festival..they were truely awesome guys
Old 08-08-2002, 10:18 AM
GreekChat Member

librasoul22, i am so jealous! I LOOOOVE the rock... i think hes so hot! (this is my college version of a middle school crush)

I myself have met "Flavor Flav" from the 90s rap group Public Enemy and an assortment of national politicians (my dad is very involved in government work athough he isnt a politician or a federal employee himself)