GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,483
4 members and 1,479 guests
aveesyyandexty4, prettyandpearls

Old 05-10-2019, 10:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Sophia Umansky, daughter of RHoBH Kyle Richards is a KKG. On her instagram, she says she lives in D.C., and thru a little more digging, it looks like she goes to George Washington University.
This is her dorm room: https://www.bravotv.com/the-real-hou...glam-dorm-room

Side note: someone I follow on Twitter retweeted a post from her mom, saying that Sophia had a 106 degree temperature and is in the hospital. Prayers for her.

Another daughter, Alexia Umansky, is an Alpha Phi at Arizona (now alumna).

Kyle’s oldest daughter, Farrah Aldjufrie (from her 1st marriage), started at NYU in 2006, then transferred (2008) & graduated at USC, but I haven’t found a sorority affiliation.

Kyle’s youngest daughter, Portia Umansky, was born in 2008, so she won’t be starting college until at least 2026.

According to IMDb (as I don’t watch the show), all of her daughters have appeared many times on RHoBH.

Last edited by ChioLu; 05-10-2019 at 10:55 AM.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChioLu View Post
Sophia Umansky, daughter of RHoBH Kyle Richards is a KKG. On her instagram, she says she lives in D.C., and thru a little more digging, it looks like she goes to George Washington University.
This is her dorm room: https://www.bravotv.com/the-real-hou...glam-dorm-room

Side note: someone I follow on Twitter retweeted a post from her mom, saying that Sophia had a 106 degree temperature and is in the hospital. Prayers for her.

Another daughter, Alexia Umansky, is an Alpha Phi at Arizona (now alumna).

Kyle’s oldest daughter, Farrah Aldjufrie (from her 1st marriage), started at NYU in 2006, then transferred (2008) & graduated at USC, but I haven’t found a sorority affiliation.

Kyle’s youngest daughter, Portia Umansky, was born in 2008, so she won’t be starting college until at least 2026.

According to IMDb (as I don’t watch the show), all of her daughters have appeared many times on RHoBH.
Also to add, I remember hearing Kyle's sister Kim, saying that her youngest daughter (I believe her name was Kimberly) who had previously appeared on the show with Kim was also a KKG.
Old 05-10-2019, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Bob Weir of Grateful Dead has a daughter that joined Alpha Phi.

Old 05-13-2019, 08:18 PM
GreekChat Member

It's fun to peruse old fraternal National Alumnae Directories and find the names of celebrities/near-celebrities you never knew were members of your college greek organization. Interestingly, some of these celebrities have never been very public about their greek affiliation.

Looking-up names of people who live/have lived in your hometown, or perhaps noting a previous owner of your current home, in same directories is often enlightening. It was in an old alumnae directory that I discovered one of my HS teachers and her twin were both members of my sorority!

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 09-03-2019, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Of course Sasha Obama would be every chapter’s Rush Crush!
https://amp.tmz.com/2019/09/03/sasha...mpression=true

Michigan’s Fall Recruitment goes from Sept 14 - 17 (upperclass only).
Spring Recruitment goes from Jan. 7 - 19 (day before classes start and weekends)

As for the article’s last line about Malia, it might be a challenge for her to join at Harvard ... because, well, Harvard.

Last edited by ChioLu; 09-03-2019 at 12:22 PM.
Old 09-03-2019, 03:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Gabrielle Carteris, Xi Alpha (University of Colorado Boulder) is a special initiate of Phi Mu. Her younger daughter is also a Phi Mu from the same chapter.
Old 02-23-2020, 01:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Talked to the House Director at USC KKG this week and here are more celebrity daughters in this chapter:
Catherine Bach (“Daisy Duke” from “The Dukes of Hazzard” and now on the soap opera “Y & R”) - her daughter is a member. (On “The Young and the Restless”, the actress who plays her daughter, Melissa Claire Egan, is a Chi Omega alumna.)
Blair Underwood (“LA Law”, “Sex and the City”) - his daughter is a new member
Antonio Banderas and Melanie Griffith - daughter, Stella, is now a KKG alumna and graduated in 2018
Old 06-22-2021, 01:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Rachel Lindsay, previous lead on The Bachelorette and now a correspondence for the TV show Extra, is a Delta Sigma Theta.
Old 06-22-2021, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
Bob Weir of Grateful Dead has a daughter that joined Alpha Phi.
IDK why I'm just seeing this now, but my Dead Head hubby was impressed!

Cool article on Daddy and John Mayer crashing an Alpha Phi fundraiser!
https://www.tvovermind.com/john-maye...ed-dress-gala/

Old 06-24-2021, 09:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartBlondeGPhB View Post
The official websites of the GLO's are the ONLY place to get that information.
Saw this earlier in the thread. I disagree. The list that my national fraternity (Alpha Phi Omega) includes in the pledge manual has about 20 people on it and does include honorary members. I've spent approximately the last 10 years creating a larger list (about 400 entries) on Wikipedia with references to newspapers, university yearbooks, university archives, Baird's Manual of American College Fraternities and similar secondary and tertiary sources as well as back issues of the national fraternity magazine.

My national fraternity has made the decision that they aren't going to put alumni who have passed away prior to creating the computer system on the computer database (so there are brothers who were part of the founding chapter during the time that the youngest of the founders were still there aren't accessible electronically).

My extreme example here is President Eisenhower. He isn't listed on the national website *other* than a convention proposal for the national office to make a list of our National Honorary Members. (and for which the list was pulled from the Wikipedia article in question!). The reason that President Eisenhower is on that list from wikipedia is that the fact that he is an honorary member is in an article in the New York Times! (https://www.nytimes.com/1957/05/07/a...fraternal.html) (and also confirmed from the national fraternity magazine at the time)
Old 07-12-2021, 02:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by naraht View Post
Saw this earlier in the thread. I disagree.
That post was from waaaay earlier: 2007! Of course there are other ways to get the information now!
Old 07-12-2021, 10:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdonline View Post
That post was from waaaay earlier: 2007! Of course there are other ways to get the information now!
I would still caution that materials published by the inter/national organization itself are the best sources. There are a number of sites that list "famous" Alpha Gams who aren't really Alpha Gams. Urban legends can make it to websites- even chapter websites- when the information is incorrect.
Old 07-12-2021, 02:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
I would still caution that materials published by the inter/national organization itself are the best sources. There are a number of sites that list "famous" Alpha Gams who aren't really Alpha Gams. Urban legends can make it to websites- even chapter websites- when the information is incorrect.
I definitely agree. I've seen at least one incorrect alumnus on multiple chapter sites (Rev. Martin Luther King, Sr is an honorary brother of Alpha Phi Omega, but his son Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. is not)
Old 07-19-2021, 09:21 PM
GreekChat Member

An article that popped up on my yahoo feed about Hailie Scott, Eminem’s daughter. It mentions that she is a member of Zeta Tau Alpha.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...200920751.html
Old 07-23-2021, 09:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Wally Funk, the oldest woman in space is an ΑΧΩ from our Oklahoma State chapter. So glad she got to finally live her dream.

Gotta go, Wanna go, ΑΧΩ!