GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 897
0 members and 897 guests
No Members online

Old 06-18-2002, 10:51 AM
cutiepatootie

I hate waiting to hear what is what with my AI. This is worse the the SATS.
Laura
Old 06-19-2002, 01:32 AM
GreekChat Member

You better let us know as soon as you hear! We'll keep our fingers crossed for you!

Laura
Old 06-19-2002, 02:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by lauradav
You better let us know as soon as you hear! We'll keep our fingers crossed for you!

Laura

Yes, definitely!!!

cutiepatootie, did you get my PM?
Old 06-19-2002, 11:14 AM
cutiepatootie

Laura and Saxaphi,

I will lewt you know once i hear something. I took the advice of another Alpha Phi( Valkyrie) and emailed headquarters to see if everythingis in order. She said she did and it wouldnt hurt to see where i stand cince the coll chapter initiates monday night. So i hope to hear something today.

SaxAphi...
Yes i did receive your PM, i am sorry i hadnt replied since now. I have been packing for a weekend trip i am chaperoning this weekend as well as haunting my mail box or email to hear something. The reason why i choose Alpha Phi is because from what i saw on here and what i read on the website i knew this is one the place i would feel like i would fit in. I love how Alpha Phi emphasis and cultivates friendship, and encourages the bond in so many ways. I also loved the idea of the a watchgroup for woman and fosters the idea of promoting their health in the range of cardiac care and so many other womans needs.
There is so much i wanted to find in a group that the others would not or could not fullfill. I started my search a long time ago when i left college ( 1995) and the idea of Alumnae Initiations were really unheard of then. The other reason i choose Alpha Phi is not because they offer AI like a lot of others groups do now, but because everything i ever believed in and wanted to belong was offered ten times over in Alpha Phi. In college and through rush you have to make a decisionthat will impact yoru life for life and you only have a few days to make that choice. However i had a lot of time to really perform research and decide where i wanted to go and belong and i feel this decision is the best decision i have made in such a long time.
I don't believe in the concept you buy your sisters. I believe you choose who your sisters are. and by doing that your making a choice to belong with the very best. Alpha Phi has soooo much to offer in sisterhood, choices, philantropy. The question begs to be answered how could i not join such a awesome group with awesome sisters such as Alpha Phi.

Laura

PS if this msg nicks my luck with AI i am going to be sooo sad because i believe is this supersition stuff when i want something so bad. hehehe
Old 06-19-2002, 11:25 AM
cutiepatootie

PS....

I can really spell and proof my writing. looking at this last post after i sent it i am ashamed to say i went to college with all my typos and some mispelled words. So you teachers out there be nice

laura
Old 06-19-2002, 12:22 PM
GreekChat Member

cutiepatootie,

I hope everything works out for you. You would be a wonderful addition to our sisterhood. Best wishes!

Last edited by SATX*APhi; 04-09-2004 at 06:47 AM.
Old 06-22-2002, 05:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey cutie!

I am very excited for you. Just so you know don't stress if you don't hear from the office *right* away. Our international convention starts next Wed (well Tuesday if you count Chapter Advisor Academy). But someone will get back to you!

Stacey
Old 06-25-2002, 01:59 PM
cutiepatootie

Update time.....

Well i got a reply back from Hq and they never recieved my application and check and letter. So i emailed the preisdent of the alum chptr and she said thats ok we will inititate with the october fall pledge class at the univiersity. So i keep saying to myself october is not that far away!

laura
Old 06-25-2002, 06:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up YAY!!!!!!

CONGRATS!!! I am so happy for you. I cannot wait to call you my sister.

Ronnie
Old 06-27-2002, 10:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile Initiation

Welcome bearal and Valkyrie! How exciting for you...

My mother was recently initiated and went through all the same feelings and emotions that you conveyed. It was special to see her be initiated by my collegiate chapter...

I was part of a colony so we were inititated and installed at the same time...Why my mom didn't do it with me then, I don't know as she was such a big part of my chapter's beginning. But she's an Alpha Phi now!!!

So welcome to you both! Glad you are with us and a heartfelt AOE to you!!!

~Maharet
Old 06-27-2002, 02:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile

Thanks, Maharet! Alpha Phi is awesome!

I've just been slated for a position in the lcoal alum group. I'm excited, and I look forward to giving back to the organization, as well as representing Alpha Phi whereever I go.

Cutiepatootie---
Ugh! I know that feeling of waiting! Just be patient, and you'll be rewarded. It sounds like HQ has already approved your application, so that's a plus. In the meantime, continue to attend your local alum group's events. The ladies will be happy to see you get involved!

aoe,
bearal
Old 07-04-2002, 08:11 PM

Congratulations to ivysis on your aunt getting alumna initiated and to Maharet on your Mom getting alumna initiated!
And to cutiepatootie...I hope that your Alpha Phi dreams come true!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE hearing about women getting alumnae initiated!

Sisterly,
CutiePie2000
A Delta Gamma Alumna Initiate
--------------------------------------------
Hi Ladies,

A bit of "shameless self-promotion" here..... but since there is so much information out there for collegiate rushees, but nothing for aspiring alumnae initiates, I just wanted to let you know about a post that I put up entitled My Advice to Prospective Alumnae Initiates

If you scroll to the very end, you can see all the NPC groups and any links that they may have to alumnae initiation!

GOOD LUCK!

Last edited by CutiePie2000; 07-08-2002 at 07:42 PM.
Old 08-25-2002, 12:04 PM
cutiepatootie

count down......

It is August 25th and i still have months to go until initiation in November. I am a paitent person so i am happy to wait and go to alum events with my sisters. I have sent in my badge and certificate form a few months ago so i will have my badge in time for initiation ( WOO HOO)

Y'all need to keep me pumped up because i lied... i HATE waiting! heheheh

Hope everyone's summer is going good. i am so ready for the fall/winter. I can't stand heat and hummidity either!

hope to hear from you all later .
Bye for now
Laura
Old 08-25-2002, 02:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Laura, I'm so excited for you!! You probably already told me, but are you being initiated with a collegiate chapter?
Old 08-30-2002, 07:14 PM
cutiepatootie

sorry it has taken me long...

I am sooo sorry it has taken me long to get back to your question tracy.....I will be initiatating with tthe ladies over at Cal State univ at San Bernadino(Eta Beta Chpt) in November. I received my badge in the mail last week and i keep taking it out of the envelope it came in and can't stop looking at it. I am sooooo HAPPPPPPPPPPPY!

Laura