GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 2,107
1 members and 2,106 guests
No Members online

Old 06-08-2010, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to VictoriaW91890 Send a message via Skype™ to VictoriaW91890
Greetings from a Daughter of a Great and Singing Nation...

Hello, everyone!

My name's Victoria, and I'm a rising junior at the University of Tennessee Knoxville. I'm on a 5 year plan, majoring in Spanish and World Business with a minor in French. Afterwards, I plan to go to Graduate School for an MA in Bilingual Interpretation at College of Charleston, or possibly get an MBA from University of Chicago or Northwestern. I would love to eventually work as an interpretor for the United Nations.

Music and romance languages are my biggest passions. Coming into college, I chose between majoring in Vocal Performance or Spanish--it was a tough decision. I couldn't imagine my life without music, and I've been a member of my school and church choirs since I was 10 years old. Being a part of the Women's Chorale here at UTK has been one of the best experiences of my life!

After participating in both Spring 2009 and Fall 2009 recruitment, I went through the the MIT (pledging) process, and I was initiated into the Gamma Rho Chapter of Sigma Alpha Iota Women's Music Fraternity on November 21, 2009. I've loved every second of it, and I can't wait to see what's in store for the future of our chapter! In the Spring 2010 semester, I was a member of the Social Committee. For the 2010-2011 school year, I'll hold the office of Recording Secretary, as well as be a part of the Yearbook/Communications Committee and the Membership Committee. I have a pretty amazing big, Jacki Webb, and an equally amazing little, Amanda Lovell.

Love & Roses to all of my sisters from chapters everywhere, and I hope to get to know many of you!

VITA BREVIS, ARS LONGA!

ΣΑΙ, ΓΡ
Sigma Alpha Iota, Gamma Rho

Last edited by VictoriaW91890; 06-08-2010 at 07:05 PM. Reason: the pictures didn't show up as expected...
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-08-2010, 07:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Welcome, Victoria! This Sinfonian thinks it's always great to have another SAI here.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Welcome Sis. Always a good thing to see another SAI on here (although I lurk more often than not).

*votes for Northwestern for the MBA*

I was initiated at Beta Chapter, Spring '07 and am currently helping the FAU Colony (where I go to school) get closer to installation, hopefully in the fall as Lambda Pi.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
Welcome, Victoria! This Sinfonian thinks it's always great to have another SAI here.
This one as well. Welcome, Victoria!
Old 06-11-2010, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to VictoriaW91890 Send a message via Skype™ to VictoriaW91890
Thanks, brother! What chapter are you from? The chapter here at UTK is Theta Omicron.

ΣΑΙ, ΓΡ
Old 06-11-2010, 06:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Hello, dear sister! I love finding other SAIs on here, too! You don't run across an awful lt of them it seems like. A major reason why I would choose Northwestern over U of Chicago for an MBA is because of the Beta Chapter of SAI! I've looked at the website...I was really impressed!

Our 2009-2010 Gamma Rho president, and one of my close friends, is from Libertyville, so she's pushing me to go to NW as well. She was initiated in Spring '07.

Good luck with the installation of Lambda Pi! Please keep me updated.

ΣΑΙ, ΓΡ
Old 06-11-2010, 06:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks, brother! What chapter are you from?

ΣΑΙ, ΓΡ
Old 06-11-2010, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm from the Mu Eta Chapter at the University of Central Florida. However, I'm currently living in Las Vegas where we have a Colony started at UNLV.