GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,204
3 members and 1,201 guests
chi-o_cat, Cookiez17, indygphib

Old 02-06-2002, 11:04 PM
GreekChat Member

My throat hurts!

I just started smoking again. Five minutes ago. I had two camel turkish jade lights. Better than Lucky Stikes. I guess. Anyway, I'm doing this to help loose weight. Even though I might have asthma. The smoke bothered me so much that I sneezed everything that was stuffing me up. Woohoo.
Old 02-06-2002, 11:10 PM
GreekChat Member

billy, hun, don't smoke to lose weight - the only way you'll be successful is if you eat right and work out. and smoking is so bad for you - i don't like kissing people who smoke - the smoke will definitly not help your asthma - stay away from the cancer sticks!!!1
Old 02-07-2002, 12:39 AM
GreekChat Member

My throat hurts too. Formal recruitment was this past weekend, so I was yelling A LOT!!! I also smoke, which irritated my throat even more. I have this ugly cough and I hate it! I am giving up smoking until my throat gets better! I took some allergy/sinus medication along with some vitamin tablets. I am going to take some anti-biotics right now. I need to get better ASAP! I hate this!
Old 02-07-2002, 01:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SparkliiQTMTSU Send a message via Yahoo to SparkliiQTMTSU
Sweetheart!! Don't smoke to lose weight especially is you have Asthma. that's so not good... evercise I know it sucks sometimes but doing that and eatingheathly are the only good ways to losethose extra pounds!! So DON'T SMOKE!! its bad for ya!! lol

Nichole
Old 02-07-2002, 01:41 AM
GreekChat Member

I do exercise. A lot. I still have problem areas. The Beta trim things aren't helping too much. Plus nicotine feels so good.
Old 02-07-2002, 07:05 AM
GreekChat Member

BILLY, BILLY, BILLY! Everyone I know who started smoking to lose weight STILL SMOKES. Not only that, but they gain the initial weight back. Then when they try to quit, they gain more and it becomes a vicious cycle! Oral fixations are so hard to control! If you're not putting a cig in your mouth, you put food in your mouth!

If this describes you, try having something to sip(water sugar free soda and sugar free coffee flavors make you feel full) or sugar free gum to chew at all times.

Glad you cleared out the congeston, but it's only going to create a much bigger problem!

Every time you want to light up, repeat, "Nobody wants to kiss an ashtray!"
Old 02-07-2002, 09:51 AM
GreekChat Member

I know plenty of people who smoke and are definitely not losing weight. Don't smoke if you've already quit! Quitting is hard to do, and it's great that you were able to quit once, but starting again is a BAD idea, especially if you have asthma. Think about your pros and cons here:

PROS: *Maybe* smoking will help you lose weight (but it's no guarantee)

CONS: Smoking is not good for people who have asthma.
Smoking is not good for anyone.
Your lungs are gonna be so gross if you do it for a long time.
There are a lot of health problems associated with smoking.
There are probably more, but you get the point

The only way to lose weight is to exercise and eat healthy. Smoking is so not the way to go.