GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,379
1 members and 1,378 guests
Cookiez17

Old 08-14-2011, 03:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aephi alum View Post
We pronounce it "FIE" ... the correct way.
So do we.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-15-2011, 08:41 AM
GreekChat Member

I was at Nordstrom's shoe shopping with letters on and 3 women in their 50s saw me in the store. It turns out they are sisters that travel to a different place every year and were on vacation.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh, I can't believe I forgot this one! When I was a new sister, I was with my big in St. Louis on a trip for a collegiate conference. Two women stopped us and asked if we were sisters, because we had on letters. It turn out they had pledged in the 1930s!
Old 08-15-2011, 09:12 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm a Freshman at AU and I pledged "Fraternity A" over the summer. I live in an off campus apartment and the first day I moved in was around lunch time. My roommate and I drove to a place in Auburn to grab a bite to eat, and as we sat down with our orders we started to talk about how much we were looking forward to participating in Greek Life (he pledged a different fraternity over the summer). We mentioned our fraternities by name, and behind my friend was a group of kids. They had overheard our conversation, and in mid-sentence, I see three of the kids from the other table just look at me with huge smiles. I was really confused, and a bit creeped out (haha), and they said "hey kid, do you go to AU?" I replied, "Ya. I'm going to be a freshman in the fall." They then said, "we're really sorry, but we overheard some of your conversation and you're not gonna believe this, we are all going to be sophomores in "Fraternity A."

Who would've thunk it, right?
Old 08-15-2011, 09:42 PM
GreekChat Member

I was at a neighbor's Super Bowl Party a few years back and I asked another neighbor( a Delta Gamma) if her daughter rushed/pledged at Furman. She told me she pledged ADPi. I said I'm an ADPi and another woman whose daughter was in my Girl Scout troop I was a leader for was standing there, she then turned over the dish she had brought to reveal the ADPi address labels we all get every year. I tell you we are everywhere.