GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Chapter Operations

Chapter Operations Share plans, ideas, and brainstorm problems related to chapter operations. Topics also include parliamentary procedure, national programs, innovations & etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,595
1 members and 2,594 guests
FSUZeta

Old 11-12-2009, 01:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baci View Post
Yikes!

So, who do you all recommend for great quality and service now?
Explosion Sportswear
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-24-2009, 01:18 AM
GreekChat Member

i had ordered some stuff from greek clothing.com in july of '09, got an e-mail in aug saying it was going to be sent to me. i then ordered something from greekgear.com in oct. and recieved that before my first order, i also got something off of their clearance items and never recieved it, they said they would credit my debit card, but i havent seen the money yet.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:02 AM
AEcutiePhi

I had the same issues. I sent them an email when I seen that the voicemail was full. They ended up giving me a couple of free shirts for my trouble. But I haven't used them since then. If you are looking for cheap shirts w/o patterns www.coolschoolstuff.com has really good deals. I've been using them for some time now.
Old 12-12-2009, 05:16 PM
GreekChat Member

i would try greek101,greek gear,greek u and something greek.ive had some pretty experiences with those companies!
Old 12-13-2009, 09:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEcutiePhi View Post
I had the same issues. I sent them an email when I seen that the voicemail was full. They ended up giving me a couple of free shirts for my trouble. But I haven't used them since then. If you are looking for cheap shirts w/o patterns www.coolschoolstuff.com has really good deals. I've been using them for some time now.
I was very wry about using coolschoolstuff.com b/c the website looks so bad.. but so does Greek Clothing's and their stuff is good quality.
Old 12-25-2009, 03:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Well, if I know nothing from this. It will be to never order from this website...
Old 12-26-2009, 02:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah I had a horrible experience with this company myself. I ordered a sweatshirt for a lil bro on 11/23 and by 12/22 I never received any tracking number, any response back to dozens upon dozens of phone calls or quite a few emails. So I called up my bank company and disputed the charges with the company and got a refund. Would never recommended this company to anyone. Customgreekthreads.com is a legit place to order from. They actually called me back when I ordered on 12/23 to see if I wanted my order shipped for x-mas as a gift for someone, which assured me they actually owned a telephone.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

yeah it seems like they've really been dropping the ball lately. we ordered some shirts that showed up several months later, and instead of getting compensatory shirts like they promised, we got stale now and laters and a half eaten lolipop.

Did you know if you watch jaws backwards, its a movie about a shark that throws up so many people that they have to build a beach?
Old 12-27-2009, 05:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aak4937 View Post
Oh my goodness! Don't even get me started on greekclothing.com...I ordered $210 worth of merchandise on April 20, 2009...Guess what? I STILL have not received it, I have only received one thing out of the order and it is September 27th! It has been over 5 months...that is ridiculous! I have probably sent them about 30-35 e-mails over the 5 months asking when my merchandise is going to be sent and they never reply, their phone number doesn't work it always goes to voicemail which is usually full so you can't leave a message anyway. I could go on and on about this experiance but it would take forever. I will NEVER order from them ever again, I want a refund or my merchandise. I have even filed a complaint with the BBB that greekclothing.com never responded to...it sucks...

Just an update on what is going on with greekclothing.com and my order it is now December 27 and I still have not received my order that was placed on April 20. 8 months...are you kidding me?! That is completely unacceptable and I wish I could convince everyone to never use greekclothing.com ever again, I really think something needs to be done. I don't understand how they can just take my $210 and never send me anything and get away with it...They tried at one point to tell me I returned the merchandise (that I never received), however that makes no sense because if I had returned the merchandise why wouldn't they refund my money? Anyway, the last I heard from them was on October 16 when they told me that since it has been so long since the purchase date (which is completely their fault, since their phone is worthless and they hardly ever respond to my e-mails) well here is what they said,
"Due to the duration of time between now and the purchase date we can either offer you a check in the mail for 160.72 or I can offer a credit to the site for $185.00. We are very sorry for the confusion caused. That is never our intentions.

Have a Great Day,

Greekclothing.com
866-GREEK-99"

Obviously they don't care at all...anyway I replied saying "Well, it is not my fault that it has been so long since the purchase date. I have been e-mailing since the begining with little to no replies. And as you can see it has been almost 3 weeks since you have last e-mailed me so obviously this length of time has been caused by you. I would like a full refund back on my card. Why does it have to be in the form of a check?"

I don't trust a check because for all I know it will just bounce when I try to cash it, and since I never got the merchandise the first time, why would I want store credit?

The reply to that e-mail was only this "The card expired from the time you purchased. Banks don’t allow it. Sorry"

I happened to be on the phone with my bank and asked them if this was true, and they informed me that I could give the company my new card number and they could refund the money there, and they were able to call my bank if they wanted verification. I sent them an e-mail informing them of this and received no reply. Yesterday I sent them my 4th e-mail since their last reply in October. I doubt they will respond to it... I don't understand a company can get away with something like this. Especially since there are so many people with complaints just like mine or similar out there. There are 87 complaints against Greekclothing.com on the BBB and 63 of those complaints (including mine) were not responded to and are still unresolved. I think we should do something, I don't know what my next step should be. I tried disputing the charge with my credit card company in October but was denied since the length of time since the purchase was made had been so long. I am upset and out of $210. What can we do?!?!

Sorry for the long read btw! But this is a very important matter to me, and im sure many of you feel the same way!!
Old 12-27-2009, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aak4937 View Post
I wish I could convince everyone to never use greekclothing.com ever again
Considering this thread is one of the first things that comes up when you google them, hopefully that is happening. I hope everyone gets some satisfaction from these jagoffs.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Considering this thread is one of the first things that comes up when you google them, hopefully that is happening. I hope everyone gets some satisfaction from these jagoffs.

I hope it is at least making a difference! Obviously it can't be hurting their business that badly or they would be making at least some effort to solve all of these problems! Unfortunately, their prices are the best around and that sways a lot of people to at least give them a chance, especially since the majority of their customers are college students who are usually tight on cash as it is. However, even if it is a really good deal, (I was going to get 2 hoodies, 2 pairs of sweat pants, 3 or 4 t-shirts, and a long sleeve shirt for $210) it doesn't make a difference if you never get the merchandise. I basically threw away $210, and now I am scared to order letters from anywhere else because I keep holding on thinking I'll eventually get my stuff, and im scared it will happen again somewhere else.

Anyway, anyone who reads this, please don't be fooled by their great prices! It is too big of a risk to take ordering from them!!!
Old 12-28-2009, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah that's ridiculous. I took the money I got refunded on my bank account and purchased a better hoodie with more personalization on it for only 7 bucks more on the 22nd of this month after I gave up on greek clothing, and I just got an email from the company customgreekthreads saying my order has shipped along with a UPS tracking number and I should get it on this Weds the 30th. Wow, 8 days versus a month of a no show/no answer. Something needs to happen with this greek clothing company because if this many people are having this issue it's def a problem. And I'd hate for even my worst enemy to be swindled by that company.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm going to have to agree with you guys. Originally I was for Greek Clothing, but I put in an order for some sweatpants and a baseball cap in Aug (yeah sweatpants and a baseball cap DON'T take that long). and didn't get it until Nov. I have never experienced anything like that from them, but now I will agree. WILL NOT be using them anymore. I was lucky to get my order.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:31 PM
GreekChat Member

They must be under new management or something -- I have NEVER witnessed such a rapid decline for a Greek clothing company. I, too, will not be using them in the future.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

I ordered a lapel pin from them about 8 months ago. I never got the pin. I've called 15 times and sent about 30 e-mails and I have yet to hear back from them.

I won't be using them again either.

LET'S GO BIG RED!
Let me teach you how to Bucky!