GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,443
1 members and 1,442 guests
Kevin

Old 08-22-2008, 11:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
I waited on a PNM and her mom at the mall (where I'm working currently) today. They were shopping for last minute recruitment jewelry!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-01-2008, 12:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nate2512
Quote:
Originally Posted by EE-BO View Post
The "formal" rush period- such as it is- starts this coming week and ends a week from tomorrow. So too soon to tell. Our chapter has not seen him yet to my knowledge, and I have been keeping watch on rush results as an advisor.
so it would seem its over?

Old 09-01-2008, 09:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Nope- I screwed up. Formal rush started this past weekend and will end this coming Saturday or Sunday. So we'll see. To be fair, I have not given the chapter any advice on who to pledge or not- rather I just send them links when PNMs post here and let them contact or not contact those individuals.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh, I thought it was already over...

How does "formal rush" work? Are there scheduled parties? (I don't have a dog in the hunt, just interested)
Old 09-01-2008, 01:41 PM
GreekChat Member

My bad x 2. On the way home from the gym this morning I stopped by the house to just check in and the guys told me rush did in fact end this weekend. So it is over after all. I have been busy and just lost track of time I guess.

Srmom- back when I was at Texas, the houses were required to have guys on hand to answer questions/rush people who came by for the 1 week from 2-6 PM. Most houses did not bother to plan anything, and very few rushees- if any- ever came around during those times. For better or worse (I think for better personally), if you come into UT without any spring or summer contacts/rush events- you are pretty much SOL on 50% of the houses (which means just about every viable chapter living in a good house with a decent social schedule.)

These days they do not even have that afternoon requirement. So rushees have to get their game on in the summer or before to have much of a shot at all since there is nothing formal at all about formal rush.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I wonder how the guy did...

Anyone have access to UT facebook to see if perhaps he has put it up on his profile?
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke
Old 09-01-2008, 09:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Phi Delta Theta is the verdict
Old 09-01-2008, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow. That is unreal- but hey, more power to him and to them.

I remember Phi Delt from my days at Texas. That was about as old school as it got back then. While I wish them well today just as any fraternity, it is just so different from the past that it is hard to mentally digest.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingZone View Post
Phi Delta Theta is the verdict
WingZone vs. Pluckers: the eternal question.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Phi delt? They're awful. They at least used to have a cool old house. This summer they had some dump in an alley off Rio Grande

And I have to give the nod to wingzone, walk in, order chicken tender basket at 2 in the morning, and then get the delivery guy to give you a ride home.