GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,153
1 members and 1,152 guests
LaneSig
Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 01:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTKellie View Post
Well she may have had an honest question but it seemed very silly and ignorant to me which is why people responded the way that they did. I was not offended by the question but I just thought it was silly.
I agree with that assessment, like I said earlier, I was rolling my eyes at the OP too.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-27-2006, 02:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
As much as I rolled my eyes at the original poster's comment, I thought that AKA_Monet's comment was just as bad.

As for why:
a) the implication that this is some fixation that white girls have
b) the implication that the OP just wanted to act on said fixation
c) the implication that white girls liking black guys is a fetish
d) the implication that only black women - "real and true sistahs" should date black men
You tell me how it is different with just a change in wording with what homegirl stated to "killing" or the "murdering" of African American men?

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana
Old 11-27-2006, 02:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
I don't see how this is offensive! I asked a simple question. Ya know, it's not like I'm going to sleep with a black guy, I just wanted to know if the myth was true!! I find some back men attractive and I don't see anything wrong with wanting to meet men from other races.

I'm new to this site and I've seen really sexual and offensive postings from the same people that find this thread offensive. GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!
I's done seent it AWL!!! You cain't be dat stoopid?

Old 11-27-2006, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
You tell me how it is different with just a change in wording with what homegirl stated to "killing" or the "murdering" of African American men?
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Seriously, um, are you saying that her original post should have been something like "EVER KILLED A BLACK MAN?" Because that doesn't make sense. You may want to clarify your comment if you'd actually like a reply...
Old 11-27-2006, 07:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sistermadly
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_Monet View Post
I dunno, I just have an aversion to reducing African American men into body parts to be sold off like slaves at an auction...
That makes two of us, then. I completely understood your response to the question, and why you took offense to it in the first place. I took offense to it for the exact same reason.

If people know nothing, or learn nothing else from this thread, let them learn this: for hundreds of years, innocent black men were murdered because of this hypersexualized myth and white male fears of it. So while it might seem cute or innocent to some folk, for some of us, it becomes difficult to hear a question like the OPs and take it lightly.

Black men are not their penises, and white girls are not their fake breasts. It's just that simple.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill1228 View Post
Where I used to work, someone WHO CAME TO DROP OFF THEIR KID asked me that (like I would know the answer). My reply to him:
"dunno, why don't you ask your wife!"
See, I would've said "If you're so hot to find out, why don't you drop to your knees in front of the first black guy you see, and see how far you get with that."

I mean, any man who is so interested in another man's sexual prowess must want to hit the skins. I'm just sayin'.
Old 11-27-2006, 07:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
However misguided, this isn't exactly an uncommon question. It shouldn't be treated as a sign of an unhealthy fixation.
Anytime you reduce 50% of an entire race to their (alleged) sexual prowess, it's an unhealthy fixation. It's objectification. It's reducing them to their body parts, and nothing else.

This is especially touchy for (some, I'm not going to say all) black folks, because these same body parts that (some) white girls get so "unhealthily fixated" on were the same body parts that were/are routinely cut off when black men were/are lynched for supposed "transgressions" with white women.

Maybe it's on us, but when you've got history like that in your back pocket, it's hard to look at this "uncommon question" in a favorable light. She didn't come in here and say "I'm interested in dating a black guy I know, but I don't know how to approach him - can anyone share their experiences", she came in here asking if brothers are swinging their almighty clubs and if they really got it like that. There's a huge difference, and that difference is what some of us are objecting to.

Capice?
Old 11-27-2006, 08:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I'm new to this site, so I know this sounds crazy, but I'm curious. Some of my sorority and I went to a step show for the 1st time, and some of the sexual things the fraternities were doing made me wonder if black guys are really great in bed like the myth says. I've only dated white guys, so I'm really curious. Has anyone been with a black guy and other races also? Is there a difference? I mean the whole thing about them being larger.
Yes they are better in bed and have bigger penises. This is because they were created from a mixture of mule and monkey. Mules are mindless but strong once you get them motivated and monkeys like to hump each other. That's also why they were used to toil the fields and breed slaves.

Other men can't compare because they are human whereas black men clearly are not.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTCHAOS View Post
Yes they are better in bed and have bigger penises. This is because they were created from a mixture of mule and monkey. Mules are mindless but strong once you get them motivated and monkeys like to hump each other. That's also why they were used to toil the fields and breed slaves.

Other men can't compare because they are human whereas black men clearly are not.
You know you are wrong for that...

Old 11-27-2006, 08:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Somewhere trying to avoid pointless political conversations...Obama/Biden 08!
DSTchaos and AKA_monet are my two favorite people on Greekchat!
Old 11-27-2006, 08:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sistermadly View Post
Anytime you reduce 50% of an entire race to their (alleged) sexual prowess, it's an unhealthy fixation. It's objectification. It's reducing them to their body parts, and nothing else.

This is especially touchy for (some, I'm not going to say all) black folks, because these same body parts that (some) white girls get so "unhealthily fixated" on were the same body parts that were/are routinely cut off when black men were/are lynched for supposed "transgressions" with white women.

Maybe it's on us, but when you've got history like that in your back pocket, it's hard to look at this "uncommon question" in a favorable light. She didn't come in here and say "I'm interested in dating a black guy I know, but I don't know how to approach him - can anyone share their experiences", she came in here asking if brothers are swinging their almighty clubs and if they really got it like that. There's a huge difference, and that difference is what some of us are objecting to.

Capice?
It's objectification that has been used as a foundation to oppress a people. Our features were clowned but admired at the same time. This is why white women have historically fantasized about being "taken" by a black man and whites have had lip injections. White women historically used black men as a weapon to piss off white men ("he winked at me") and white men preserved white women's purity by taking advantage of black women's sexuality.

People aren't inquisitive about black people's intellect and overall culture. They want to know about black people's sexuality and whether we can dance to hip hop.

This is why I am thrilled when I read about HBCUs and BGLOs focusing on scholarship and service. Not to prove a point to whites and other nonblacks, just to remind ourselves that we do way more than dance a jig and have sex.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I'm new to this site, so I know this sounds crazy, but I'm curious. Some of my sorority and I went to a step show for the 1st time, and some of the sexual things the fraternities were doing made me wonder if black guys are really great in bed like the myth says. I've only dated white guys, so I'm really curious. Has anyone been with a black guy and other races also? Is there a difference? I mean the whole thing about them being larger.

Have you ever heard of Alfred Kinsey? You should maybe read some of his work, it will answer all of your questions. On a related note, I've heard that redheads are wild in bed.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I heard black guys are better at basketball.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

You guys have now motivated me...

Wassup with y'alls skillz then?

Old 11-27-2006, 08:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinerbock View Post
AKA, I have no thoughts on the subject. I have no clue how black guys are in bed. In fact, I'm not even sure black people sleep. Ignorance, I suppose.
LOL.

I think some posters assume you and macallan are bigots but I don't think either of you are.
Closed Thread