GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 2,183
0 members and 2,183 guests
No Members online

Old 08-21-2017, 12:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Glittergal and luv_n_tpa, thank you for explaining that! There aren't any Theta Phi Alpha chapters in my state and I've never met a Theta Phi sister, so I'm not very familiar with your sorority outside of what I can read on the internet. There's a Christian sorority on my campus and I had thought of Theta Phi as similar to that. I enjoy learning about other sororities that aren't on my campus, but there's only so much you can learn from the internet and not from a sister herself, so thank you for the information!
Old 08-04-2020, 12:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Bumping ahead of recruitment!

I also find it interesting to read back over some of the comments and realize how much things have changed. Speaking for my own organization, our national philanthropy is now the AST-developed Women's Wellness Initiative and we have two national service partners: Dress For Success and Girls Who Code.

@~/~~~~
Old 08-08-2020, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator

Since I didn't finish filling this out, I will do it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPoodle View Post
I thought this is an interesting thread and it's a good way to learn about the other orgs. My school does not officially have a greek system but a lot of transfers are in greek orgs. I'll go study and be back!

OK, since there is so much info, I'm gonna fill in the blanks as I go along.

Alpha Chi Omega: I love that they were a musical org
Alpha Delta Pi: Their foundation offers 119 scholarships.
Alpha Epsilon Phi: AEPhi introduces Transgender Membership Policy in June 2017
Alpha Gamma Delta:Their foundation offers a $500 Disaster Relief Grant to ststers in good standing.
Alpha Omicron Pi: Non-Emergency Ruby Fund Grants-awarded to initiated senior collegiate members (within their last year of schooling) and alumnae members who are in dire need of financial assistance-Assistance has been awarded for members suffering from illnesses, homes destructed by natural disasters, loss of job and other forms of dire need
Alpha Phi:
Alpha Sigma Alpha:
Alpha Sigma Tau:
Alpha Xi Delta:
Chi Omega:
Delta Delta Delta:
Delta Gamma: In addition to supporting Gallaudet, local chapters of Delta Zeta support the deaf community through local organizations.

Delta Phi Epsilon:
Delta Zeta:
Gamma Phi Beta:
Kappa Alpha Theta:
Kappa Delta: I like that they're connected with the Girl Scouts.
Kappa Kappa Gamma: Has a article on dating on their website. Long Live the "Date"
A look at "Hooking Up" and "Hanging Out" on Today's College Campus
-By Kristen Richardson, Arizona State http://www.kappakappagamma.org/Templ...entDisplay.cfm

Phi Mu:Their mothers pin is beautiful!
Phi Sigma Sigma: Beautiful jeweled badge. WOW!
Pi Beta Phi: I think the Arrowmont is a great idea. The arts get overlooked so often, its really nice to see something devoted specifically for encouraging artists.
Sigma Delta Tau:
Sigma Kappa:
Sigma Sigma Sigma:
Theta Phi Alpha:
Zeta Tau Alpha:
Old 08-08-2020, 11:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Alpha Chi Omega- Love how they were founded as a music sorority originally as a violinist myself
Alpha Delta Pi- Love their colors and the diamond symbol
Alpha Epsilon Phi- The ones on my campus were super involved and the giraffe is an interesting symbol. Also having RBG as your sister is something alone to brag about!
Alpha Gamma Delta- Love their fighting hunger philanthropy
Alpha Omicron Pi- Love the panda as their symbol and colors
Alpha Phi- It's cool that they use "the ivy leagues" as their nickname. Also a huge shoutout to the Harvard chapter that fought through the Greek Life ban there, they're amazing.
Alpha Sigma Alpha- I really like how their sorority crest looks.
Alpha Sigma Tau- It's awesome that they recently took Girls Who Code as a philanthropic cause.
Alpha Xi Delta- I love their colors and the quill as a symbol
Chi Omega- I love Make a Wish as a cause and how they use the "XO" in stuff like valentine's themed bid days
Delta Delta Delta- My sorority. I can gush about them all day.
Delta Gamma- I love the sort of nautical/anchor thing they have going on and their colors are fab.
Delta Phi Epsilon- The chapter on my campus did great events for ANAD, including sisters talking about their own experiences with ED's. It was super touching.
Delta Zeta- I really like their colors and symbols a lot, especially the turtle mascot.
Gamma Phi Beta- Shout out to them for starting the term sorority and their colors are extremely unique
Kappa Alpha Theta- I love how the ideals are based on the 4 points of the kite and CASA is a great cause to have.
Kappa Delta- I love how they are partnered with the Girl Scouts! As a former girl scout myself I think being in a troop nurtured my ideas for sisterhood even before I knew what a sorority was
Kappa Kappa Gamma- I really like their colors and the RAH RAH FOR K K G chant they have.
Phi Mu- When I initially found out about NPCs they were the second organization I found out about. Love their colors, open motto, and their symbols.
Phi Sigma Sigma- This was the first NPC org I ran into as an undergrad. The girls were all so polished and put together! I also love their cause of education.
Pi Beta Phi- When I was first exploring sorority youtube a lot of youtubers were pi phis and are extremely passionate about their org, and getting a "inside look" at their house and such is interesting to someone who didn't have a house.
Sigma Delta Tau- They were founded at my dad's alma mater. I also like their crest.
Sigma Kappa- I really like their colors and the Alzheimer's cause. I also loved what Indiana did for their recruitment video with donating the money to research
Sigma Sigma Sigma- I am a sucker for purple as a color scheme and I love violets
Theta Phi Alpha- As a Catholic, it's interesting how they were founded initially as a Catholic based organization.
Zeta Tau Alpha- I love the "royal theme" the symbolism has with the crown and "Seeking the Noblest" as their open motto.

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story