GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,453
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zamesyandext578
» Online Users: 2,309
1 members and 2,308 guests
Pinkmagnolia921

Old 03-24-2007, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocalagirl View Post
No when I did list them after I went through, but I went back and edited because I went to informal rush parties for one of the groups I preffed and thought it was appropriate that their names be taken out. Also I was looking into two other groups when I was on campus and thought it was appropriate to take them off. I can go back and put the names back on if you would like.

LOL. You misunderstood me. Sorry for not being more clear. When you went through, I believe you suicided. You say now that you really want to join a sorority, but if you'd listed all the groups you preffed on your final card, instead of suiciding, you'd probably be Greek now. Do you regret the choices you made?

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 03-24-2007 at 09:39 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-24-2007, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
LOL. You misunderstood me. Sorry for not being more clear. When you went through, you weren't so open minded and you didn't really give everyone a fair chance ( I can think of one in particular that you preffed but didn't like) and I believe you suicided. You say now that you really want to join a sorority, but if you'd listed all the groups you preffed on your final card, instead of suiciding, you'd probably be Greek now. Do you regret the choices you made?
No I don't regret the decisions I made. Yes I did suicide to one group and yes I really do still want to join a sorority. But the reason I suicided is simple: as much as I want to join a sisterhood of wonderful women, I want to feel comfortable within that group. While I respect them tremendously as a group of women and have done so much on the UCF campus that you can't not help but respect them. Yes if I had listed them on my pref card I probably would have gotten a bid from them, but the little glimpse I got I wasn't sure it was for me. Would you join a group if you weren't comfortable within them? As much as I want to be Greek, I want the girls to be my sisters. A sorority is for life and also for the years at college and at the time I wasn't sure I could commit myself. I do not regret my decision because I also believe I was at the wrong university and picked it for the wrong reasons. I have taken some time off from school and believe I am picking a school based on different things, not because of a strong greek system. I am thinking about rushing in the fall, but still haven't made any final decisions. I might stay in my hometown and go to a commuter campus with no greek system.

<<Sorry to hijack, but just answering the question asked me...you look up the rush thread under "liltrixx rush at UCF">>

<<I also listed the names of the groups back on my thread.>>
Old 03-25-2007, 12:33 PM
GreekChat Member

At any other school, I'd say go for it. But LSU is a very competitive recruitment where even freshmen who are triple legacies with 4.0's and accolades like Homecoming Queen and Student Body President are completely cut after the first round. Without being a freshman, and not knowing your grades, legacy status, recs, etc., I'd advise you to skip formal recruitment and look for informal recruitment events. These are events hosted by the individual sorority. Or go through formal recruitment-- just honestly, don't have any crazy expectations. It's not you-- this is just LSU.
Old 02-11-2008, 10:53 AM
Banned

It's true for any SEC school though. There are over 1000 women rushing many with the same achievements and accolades, i.e. homecoming queen, student body president, valedictorian, salutorian, 3.0 GPAs and higher, and girls who are probably double to quadruaple legacies.

And I know I'm about to make a stereotype but this is the south, excuse me, the DEEP SOUTH, women down here were bred for sorority life since the day they were born. I've seen and heard older ladies at interviews ask if the girl was in a sorority. I've SEEN some older ladies go completely ga-ga when their granddaughters didn't get their sorority at their school and they wrote an amazing rec for them.

It's the Deep South, being a sorority girl is almost like a requirement. Kinda like you were expected to be a Democrat back in the 40s and50s and the entire South was considered the Bible Belt.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktbug10474 View Post
And I know I'm about to make a stereotype but this is the south, excuse me, the DEEP SOUTH, women down here were bred for sorority life since the day they were born. I've seen and heard older ladies at interviews ask if the girl was in a sorority. I've SEEN some older ladies go completely ga-ga when their granddaughters didn't get their sorority at their school and they wrote an amazing rec for them.

It's the Deep South, being a sorority girl is almost like a requirement. Kinda like you were expected to be a Democrat back in the 40s and50s and the entire South was considered the Bible Belt.
Learn something new everyday.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:04 PM
Banned

lol i was just saying. i mean i've been in GA my entire life .. so yeah.

i know rush is different at UGA and the other SEC schools compared to those that are in the A-Sun, or smaller conferences but the rush is still fairly competitive.

oh well. that's the south for ya. at least we don't have to wear those god awful hoopskirts anymore. lol
Old 02-11-2008, 04:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Where stately oaks and broad magnolias shade inspiring halls
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTCHAOS View Post
Learn something new everyday.
I don't know why this cracked me up but it did.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aopirose View Post
I don't know why this cracked me up but it did.
I also laughed but that's probably because I'm not a part of the Deep South Cult.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Why did this thread get bumped? The OP is a junior by now, and she's either Greek or she's not. No more advice needed.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:42 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetpretty View Post
Why did this thread get bumped? The OP is a junior by now, and she's either Greek or she's not. No more advice needed.
Thread bumper (PNM who hasn't even gone through rush at UGA yet) wanted to educate us on the South, oh excuse me, DEEP SOUTH.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:46 PM
GreekChat Member

But didn't you all learn something?
Old 02-11-2008, 05:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
Thread bumper (PNM who hasn't even gone through rush at UGA yet) wanted to educate us on the South, oh excuse me, DEEP SOUTH.
In-ter-es-ting. I am now re-reading the post-bump thread in an entirely new light.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:10 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylark View Post
In-ter-es-ting. I am now re-reading the post-bump thread in an entirely new light.
Absolutely, especially since the thread bumper will also be rushing this fall as a 20 year old. She was probably doing a search of 20 year olds going through rush at SEC schools one day.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:17 PM
Banned

um i don't go to uga. i have never wanted to go to uga and that still holds true. don't get me wrong it's a great school just not my cup of tea. but i am a UGA fan because everybody on my dad's side of the family has gone to UGA ... so yeah.

and sorry that i didn't check the dates. my bad.
Old 02-11-2008, 05:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Where stately oaks and broad magnolias shade inspiring halls
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTCHAOS View Post
But didn't you all learn something?
Yes. I learned that I am not in the Deep South Cult either.