GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,495
0 members and 1,495 guests
No Members online

Old 09-24-2003, 12:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation suggestions for a new rushee

Hi! i'm a soph. at a state university and am rushing to a sorority on campus. rush started last wed. night with an informal get together with all of the sisters. It was a really fun night. We just drank some fruit punch and played a get to know you game. tonight is the next get together and we're having "mocktails".. aka fake cocktails. i'm very excited for tonight b/c its a semi dressy occasion. I seemed to get along well with all of the girls and was able to go up to any girl and just start chatting! about 5 of the sisters are even in one of my classes and we chat before class starts and what not. My question is, is that this is something i've always wanted to do.. to be a part of a soroity. so to make that possible, so i have a better chance of getting a bid, what are some of the thigns you girls did to get a better chance of getting a bid? Did you hang out with some of the sisters outside of rush events? Im extremely nervous b/c to make quota, the girls can only take 7 newbies and about 15 girls are rushing.. so any advice will DEF. be appreciated!
Thanks,
rox
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-24-2003, 12:47 PM

It sounds like you are already on the right track if you feel comfy with them and you talk before classes.
Old 09-24-2003, 01:06 PM
GreekChat Member

have fun, be honest, be yourself, smile, and keep us updated.

Christia
Old 09-24-2003, 01:11 PM
GreekChat Member

i'll def. keep you all posted! last week i even mentioned a few ideas for tshirt slogans for our schools homecoming... (the ideas i got from this website!) and they were sooo happy that someone brought up new ideas.. so i told them that the next time we get together, i would have them typed up and they were really estatic about it. i just hope they dont think i'm trying to hard, bc i'm really not trying too hard, i am honestly just trying to help them out, regardless if i get a bid or not.. i think they realize i'm just trying to help bc some can't wait till i bring in the ideas tonight!
Old 09-25-2003, 12:12 PM
GreekChat Member

hi ya'll!
last night was mocktails night at the sorority which I am rushing.. I had another fantabulous night and I was able to talk to more of the girls and get to know them all a little better and the more I talk to them, the more i am hoping for a bid! At the end of last night the VP of membership announced to us that we will recieve a call if we are invited to their final rush event which is next wed. before I left a few of the girls took me aside, told me how happy they were that I could make it, and that they hope to see me next wed! i'm just sooo nervous though, because I know even though they were being sweet saying they were routing for me, it's not a promise and they can't promise me an invite back. Like I said, they can only take 7 girls to make quota, so this is even more nerve wrecking. Before I left for the night I noticed there were a few girls that I didnt meet earlier so I made sure I went up and introduced myself before I left so at least they know I made the effort! I'm soooo nervous... wish me luck that I get a phone call today or tomorrow!! (hopefully that'll be today sometime!)
Old 09-25-2003, 12:21 PM
GreekChat Member

best of luck!!!!

how many potential members are going to the recruitment events besides yourself?

I hope you get an invite back to your final event!!!!
Old 09-25-2003, 12:23 PM
GreekChat Member

well last week there were 10 girls, last night there were 9, and when i asked some of the sister how many rushees were there all together (in case someone couldnt make it that night), they told me that there is 9 altogether now.. so that means just two girls get the cut
Old 09-25-2003, 01:17 PM
GreekChat Member

which means you have a 78% to get a bid

When will you find out? On Wens. or before?

Chris
Old 09-25-2003, 01:21 PM
GreekChat Member

well first i have to find out if i get an invite back to the last invite.. and they didnt say, but i'm guessing i'll get a call b/w now and sunday. they're official bid day is oct. 5th, but the girls said that can always change and be sooner. I'm thinking that after next wed. if they are positive on all the rushees that they want, that bids will be give out with in a few days after that, but i'm not sure.
Old 09-25-2003, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

i got an invite!! and so far, they are only inviting back five girls.
Old 09-25-2003, 05:41 PM
GreekChat Member

yay! congrats
Old 09-25-2003, 05:44 PM
GreekChat Member

yeah, I am so excited for you.
Old 09-25-2003, 05:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to butterfly2001nc
CONGRATS!!!
Old 09-25-2003, 07:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats on your invite! I hope you have a wonderful time at the final rush event! Do you know if it will be a preference party? Good luck!
Old 09-25-2003, 07:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I was told that it is going to be an ice cream social and to celebrate sisterhood. we're going through informal rush this fall (formal is in the spring.. they switched it this year) so it is not a pref. night.