GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,216
2 members and 1,214 guests
LaneSig

Old 05-19-2017, 02:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to JonInKC
What's up with Baylor?

Maybe someone on here can give some insight - what is the deal with this campus?

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/courts_...ign=user-share

This is the seventh Title IX lawsuit against the school.

p a w e a since 1899
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-19-2017, 05:52 AM

There was recently a 30 for 30 about Baylor.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator

My theory is that the school's leadership has deep philosophical differences with the ideas promulgated in the "Dear Colleague" letter and Title IX in general. Until recently, the Board of Regents was basically all-powerful and answered to no one. Now, the alumni have three seats on the Board which are elected by the alumni and things are changing. Some of these horrible things which happened are just now coming to light because proper procedures are being implemented.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 05-19-2017, 02:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
My theory is that the school's leadership has deep philosophical differences with the ideas promulgated in the "Dear Colleague" letter and Title IX in general. Until recently, the Board of Regents was basically all-powerful and answered to no one. Now, the alumni have three seats on the Board which are elected by the alumni and things are changing. Some of these horrible things which happened are just now coming to light because proper procedures are being implemented.
It is so sad in today's culture that is being covered up in Many UNIVERSITIES today.

Some one needs to step up before everything comers under Government control or we all are all screwed. Baylor seems to be in a major free fall when a good house cleaning needs to be done first!

Greeks seem to be in the middle of some of the problems and We as Greeks need to step and help get it right!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 05-19-2017, 02:59 PM
GreekChat Member

The newspaper article pretty much outlines the story. My opinion: It is an example of the century-old story of wanting too much to win college football games. There are a lot of press reports about this scandal. Google them if you are interested. Bottom line is that Baylor's president, Ken Starr (yes, the Ken Starr of Clinton impeachment fame), was demoted and ultimately resigned as a result. The football coach was fired. The athletic director resigned.

Baylor recently hired Linda Livingstone, dean of the George Washington University School of Business, as Baylor's new president, beginning June 1. Dr. Livingstone has long ties with the Baptist church and, interestingly, is being hired away from a first-rate university that does not have a football team.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilTau View Post
The newspaper article pretty much outlines the story. My opinion: It is an example of the century-old story of wanting too much to win college football games. There are a lot of press reports about this scandal. Google them if you are interested. Bottom line is that Baylor's president, Ken Starr (yes, the Ken Starr of Clinton impeachment fame), was demoted and ultimately resigned as a result. The football coach was fired. The athletic director resigned.

Baylor recently hired Linda Livingstone, dean of the George Washington University School of Business, as Baylor's new president, beginning June 1. Dr. Livingstone has long ties with the Baptist church and, interestingly, is being hired away from a first-rate university that does not have a football team.
This is exactly right. The idea of becoming a football powerhouse went straight to the heads of the athletic department and the BoR turned a blind eye to it all.

A good friend is the daughter of one of Baylor's most notable alums--she says he is spinning in his grave over what the university has become.