GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,555
Threads: 115,515
Welcome to our newest member, annetausasdy968
» Online Users: 1,945
2 members and 1,943 guests
zataylorittz374

Old 06-03-2004, 01:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sairose Send a message via Yahoo to sairose
Unhappy completely depressed

I deleted what this post said, because I'm sick of insensitive people bitching about it. But thank you very much to all of you who kept me in their thoughts! I'm feeling 100% better now. I'm so glad people care.

Last edited by sairose; 06-07-2004 at 07:34 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-03-2004, 01:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
I'll definitely keep you in my prayers! I hope your refill comes in for you soon, so you can start feeling less moody.

And if you can't vent to us, who can you vent to?
Old 06-03-2004, 02:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sairose Send a message via Yahoo to sairose
Quote:
Originally posted by polarpi
I'll definitely keep you in my prayers! I hope your refill comes in for you soon, so you can start feeling less moody.

And if you can't vent to us, who can you vent to?
Thanks! And I knew GC was good for something.
Old 06-03-2004, 02:53 AM
GreekChat Member

I just thanked our Lord for making you feel better
Old 06-03-2004, 07:57 AM
GreekChat Member

I have 2 immediate family members who struggle with bipolar and I have dealt with depression and anxiety, so I definitely empathize with you. Not having the meds and dealing with the med withdrawal can be a bitch, too. I'll keep you in my prayers and hope things look up soon!
Old 06-03-2004, 08:07 AM
GreekChat Member

good thoughts and prayers are with you...
may a resolution come quickly...
Old 06-03-2004, 09:00 AM
GreekChat Member

i am praying for you allie. smiley 21 is here to put a smiley on your face!!
Old 06-03-2004, 09:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FirstAndFinest
I've also been diagnosed with BPD, so I can totally relate. My advice is to do the exact opposite of what you feel like doing. I do know how hard that can be - yet I also know how much better I've felt afterwards!! You say you feel like staying in bed and crying. So, get out of the house, go for a walk or to the gym (exercise is such a great depression-killer!!). Go to the mall and people watch (leave your credit cards and checkbook locked in the trunk or the buying frenzy may send you over to extreme mania!!). Go to the movies - upbeat ones like kids Shrek 2 - but go easy on the candy so as to not aggravate the mania.

Hope that helps!

(hmmm... did you ask for advice? no. sorry. )
Old 06-03-2004, 10:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Send a message via AIM to Lady Pi Phi
Quote:
Originally posted by FirstAndFinest
I've also been diagnosed with BPD, so I can totally relate. My advice is to do the exact opposite of what you feel like doing. I do know how hard that can be - yet I also know how much better I've felt afterwards!! You say you feel like staying in bed and crying. So, get out of the house, go for a walk or to the gym (exercise is such a great depression-killer!!). Go to the mall and people watch (leave your credit cards and checkbook locked in the trunk or the buying frenzy may send you over to extreme mania!!). Go to the movies - upbeat ones like kids Shrek 2 - but go easy on the candy so as to not aggravate the mania.

Hope that helps!

(hmmm... did you ask for advice? no. sorry. )
This is good advice. Exercise is great for relieving depression. Get out there and do something active. I know this is easier said then done (and trust me I know) but it'll help until your meds come in.
Take care.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Was it really necessary to start two threads on this? I'm sure many of us read things we disagree with but we don't post threads about being depressed from what we read on GC.

You say that you think you don't get many dates because of your condition, do you believe that's the only reason? If you're telling the truth about taking your medication on regular basis, I doubt that you are being rejected because of your condition. I've known many people who have mental conditions and have successful love and social lives. These are usually the people who have confidence and take responsibility for their own actions. They don't blame everyone or everything when they're feeling down. Your insecurities and hypersentivity about your condition is probably what is driving guys away, not your bipolar itself.

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 06-03-2004, 12:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FirstAndFinest
I find it ironic that you find yourself in the position to enlighten others on the sensitivity to anything.

Your comments are neither sensitive nor enlightened.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dionysus:
Was it really necessary to start two threads on this? I'm sure many of us read things we disagree with but we don't post threads about being depressed from what we read on GC.

You say that you think you don't get many dates because of your condition, do you believe that's the only reason? If you're telling the truth about taking your medication on regular basis, I doubt that you are being rejected because of your condition. I've known many people who have mental conditions and have successful love and social lives. These are usually the people who have confidence and take responsibility for their own actions. They don't blame everyone or everything when they're feeling down. Your insecurities and hypersentivity about your condition is probably what is driving guys away, not your bipolar itself.
Dionysus, I think that was [overly] harsh. I didn't see two threads in the general forums about this and a search didn't bring up what I would call an identical one.
Regardless - and this is nothing more than my opinion - as the above was yours, I see ChitChat as a place where we can place whatever is on our minds that doesn't naturally fit in with most of the rest of the forums.
I hope long term GC member sairose starts to feel better and if GC members can help bump that process along... so much the better.
But the above was your opinion, and I respect that.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by FirstAndFinest
I find it ironic that you find yourself in the position to enlighten others on the sensitivity to anything.

Your comments are neither sensitive nor enlightened.
Where did I say or imply that my comments were supposed to be sensitive? Just because I advocate racial sensitivity, I can't rant about others' hypersensitivity? Everything is not in black and white (no pun intended). There's a such thing as insensitivity, sensitivity, and hypersensitivity. IMO sairose overreacted to many of the comments posted on other threads.

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?

Last edited by Dionysus; 06-03-2004 at 12:50 PM.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to swissmiss04
I hope you feel better soon. You need to discuss an alternate course of action w/ your doctor because if you feel as if your drugs are so ineffective as to affect your behavior (hence your social life) then you need something else. That's what they're there for. BTW, are you taking Lexapro? If so, PM me. (Even if you aren't, you can PM me anyways, if you want!)

I think being on GC so much right now isn't a good thing. People will say things that in your altered state you may misconstrue and it will just exacerbate the problem. Not that we don't want you on here, but be careful what threads you join!
Old 06-03-2004, 12:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dionysus
Where did I say or imply that my comments were supposed to be sensitive?
Haha.

As someone who suffers from depression and takes meds for it, though, I'm going to have to agree with Dionysus. I basically get psychotic if I skip my meds for more than a day -- and from what I've seen of the people I know who are bipolar, it's even worse for them. Chances are going on and off your meds will affect your social/love life more than the condition itself. People understand that depression (bipolar or unipolar) isn't something that you can control and they make allowances for it . . . but they don't understand it when you're deliberately not taking your meds or making it so you can't get your meds (like not refilling them on time) -- both of which are actually pretty common for those who are depressed, but harder for the average non-depressed person to understand, and often it really bothers them.

Is there anyway that next time you can get these pills so that you don't have to skip a few days?