GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Events

Events Is your organization hosting an Event or do you know about an upcoming Event and would like to get the word out? Post all Event related information here.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 2,005
4 members and 2,001 guests
bbobbyusady4719, naraht, PGD-GRAD

Old 01-24-2009, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Looking for ideas...

Hello everyone,
I am Greek Relations Chair and Campus Activites Chair in my sorority on campus and looking for some ideas maybe that you all do on your campus throughout the year. We barely have Greek Relations here, and Greek Week will be a first this year along with Greek Day which will take place during our 1st Homecoming in February. If you have any ideas please shoot me a post back! Thanks for the help.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Are you just trying to build relations with other Greeks or the other people on campus?
Old 06-11-2009, 04:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: I live in Menomonie, Wisconsin but my hometown is St. Paul
I'm a Tri-Sigma from the University of Wisconsin-Stout. Our two other national sororities, Delta Zeta and Alpha Phi, did a date dash this last spring. This is what they did:
All the girls had to meet at a certain place, they were given a paper that explained that they had to find a date, greek or non-greek (extra points for a greek date) and they had to make sure that they and their date were either wearing blue, black, gray, or red (which ever color they were assigned).
They had 1 hour to find their date and meet at the assigned place (a park) where. there was snacks and drinks there and when everyone got there, we split up and played games. first we had to try and get a shirt out of a frozed block, have someone put it on and run to the finish line. then we played capture the flag. after that we played tighty whities where we had a gigantic pair of underwear that we had to have atleast one person's leg in it at a time and we had to get our whole team across to the finish line (everyone had to have a leg in it in order to cross). then we did bobbing for apples with a time limit (2 minutes). after that the winning team got candy and we all stayed and socialized for a little bit. it was sooooooo much fun and spontanious. but in order for it to work just right, you can't tell the girls anything other than that they need to meet at a certain place at a certain time and you give them the sheet.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:19 PM
GreekChat Member

One thing we do on my campus for greek relations (at least between sororities) is we have "sister socials" where a 2 sororities have a mixer of sorts. Some things that have been done that I thought were really successful are pizza crawls, ice cream socials, coffee crawls, and movie nights.

Also during our greek week there are usually specials at local restaurants, coffee shops, etc. that you can get by wearing your letters. Maybe you can work something like this out? You wouldn't believe how many greeks I've met and talked to just by standing in line for $1 off coffee!
Old 09-26-2009, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow these are great ideas!! Thank ya'll so much!! If anyone else has any other ideas, please share!!
Old 02-11-2010, 10:36 PM
GreekChat Member

why not try to have an open house for a day so that they would come to know more of your frat/sor.