GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 314,558
Threads: 115,567
Welcome to our newest member, lml.lol2
» Online Users: 378
3 members and 375 guests
Forgetmenotivy, lml.lol2

Old 08-16-2012, 05:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyKKGviaFlorida View Post
She is doing well and has a great attitude to boot! For the skit rounds, she was asked back to four houses (Phil day she had 9). She was bummed about a couple of houses that cut her. She has been the best student of Greek chat principles and felt that she had made some connections. But she is looking forward and is very greatful for what she does have. She has reported that TONS of girls have been cut completely or have dropped out. She feels lucky to have visited 4 this round and is very excited about 3 of the houses. I am hoping and praying that she gets a full card tomorrow for pref.
Great to hear! We all know it just takes one!
Old 08-16-2012, 05:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Update: apparently there is rain and hail in t-town. Parties are delayed due to weather. My nerves.......
Old 08-16-2012, 06:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Update: apparently there is rain and hail in t-town. Parties are delayed due to weather. My nerves.......
Oh my. It came through here earlier but just rain and thunder, no hail.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Ugh, they have really had a lot to deal with this year. Hoping the weather clears up and they have no more delays. And good luck to your daughter!
Old 08-16-2012, 07:29 PM
GreekChat Member

If they went to a second day today, how parties did they have? Or what was the max of parties I should say?
Old 08-16-2012, 07:39 PM
GreekChat Member

8 parties for Skit Round. 3 for Pref tomorrow.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Max was 8 between yesterday and today (yesterday and today combined were round 3 - skit)
Old 08-16-2012, 07:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Let me ask a question for all of the bama advisors on here: what do you think the effect of adding an additional skit day has been? Up thread someone suggested that it means that the deepest cuts will be tomorrow. Any word on how many girls are still in rush or what the quota may be?
If anything, the girls are more rested because they get breaks. The sorority members don't get those breaks.
Not that many have dropped out or been released, so far, under 200. When you go from 8 to 3 parties, there are bound to be higher numbers in the release list. As long as the PNMs have at least 1 party to go to, things will probably work out OK.

Old 08-16-2012, 07:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I was just being curious. I have a friend who's daughter is going through at Bama and she only had 3 parties today. She was alittle worried. I originally thought it was Pref but realized it was still Skit parties. Thanks.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

She may have had 5 yesterday so unless you know the total for the 2 days, you really can't tell. They can only attend 8 total this round, all over the 2 days.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:53 PM
GreekChat Member

a

Last edited by slightlyoverwhe; 08-16-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Honestly (and I mean it in the nicest way possible) suck it up. Every chapter is a good chapter. You only meet a small percentage of members during recruitment. Even if she doesn't have the (honor) of joining that chapter and receives a bid to another, that chapter and its members will be very much involved in her school life through greek activities.

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 08-16-2012, 09:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyoverwhe View Post
I am hopeful that my daughter will have 3 house visits for pref day. She visited seven houses for skit round and likes six of them. If the unfavored house is on her final list .... are there any strategies to avoid it.
Stop being such a bitch?
Old 08-16-2012, 09:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyoverwhe View Post
I am hopeful that my daughter will have 3 house visits for pref day. She visited seven houses for skit round and likes six of them. If the unfavored house is on her final list .... are there any strategies to avoid it.
No. If she receives an invitation to her last ranked house, she didn't receive invitations to her higher ranked houses.

She must attend all pref parties, but she doesn't have to list them all on her bid card. If she gets a bid to her last ranked house on her bid card that means her higher ranked house(s) filled quota before her name came up on their bid list. She was not in their top 60/75/100/whatever choices.

If she doesn't list all of her pref parties, she is not guaranteed placement. If she does list all of her pref parties, she may be placed in her third choice.

For the life of me, I cannot understand how PNMs can decide on the basis of one week that they hate a chapter so much that they cannot accept a bid to it. Seriously... you've seen these ladies for less than 10 hours total and you've decided that you dislike them so much that you'd rather not be Greek than be in their chapter? You've met maybe 10% of the chapter and you know for sure that you can't be friends with anyone in it? On the basis of the highly artificial structure of recruitment you know that you won't have any fun with a particular chapter?

Take the bid, kid. If you still have reservations you can decide not to initiate and drop then. At a competitive school, this may be the only chance you have. You don't know enough about any of the chapters to know for sure that you don't belong in one.

It's the difference between having a job interview and having a job. When you get to the job site, the place where you had the wonderful interview might turn out to be a horrible place to work and the place with the mediocre interview might turn out to be a great place to work. You don't know until you get the job (bid) and give it a try.

Last edited by KDCat; 08-16-2012 at 09:11 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCsweet<3 View Post
Honestly (and I mean it in the nicest way possible) suck it up. Every chapter is a good chapter. You only meet a small percentage of members during recruitment. Even if she doesn't have the (honor) of joining that chapter and receives a bid to another, that chapter and its members will be very much involved in her school life through greek activities.
Cosign!