GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,152
1 members and 2,151 guests
No Members online

Old 05-27-2007, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylochick216 View Post
There's no Lush within 200 miles of my house at least And none in any of the places I normally travel. I hate ordering things online without seeing them first myself, so I guess I'll just have to go without for now.
I know there's a Lush in Chicago and I'm there a few times a year, but lack of time is always an issue. Maybe I'll get lucky sometime this fall.

For you experienced Lushies, what would you suggest us Lush-free girls to try out without seeing and sniffing first? Suggestions?
Old 05-27-2007, 08:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I definitely would sniff before buying. And everyone has different favorites. One of my best friend's favorite is Black Pearl -- I can't STAND it, but bought it because she told me she loved it.

In my opinion, "Ylang Ylang and Vanilla" does not create the smell for me. I have to sniff and touch before buying Lush. Plus, shipping on lush.com is ridiculous.
Old 05-27-2007, 10:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOIIalum View Post
I know there's a Lush in Chicago and I'm there a few times a year, but lack of time is always an issue. Maybe I'll get lucky sometime this fall.

For you experienced Lushies, what would you suggest us Lush-free girls to try out without seeing and sniffing first? Suggestions?
There are several in the Chicago area. The one in Oakbrook, and there are also stores in The Store Formerly Known As Marshall Fields on State Street and Water Tower Place. There's a freestanding one on Armitage Ave., and there's a freestanding one scheduled to open in Woodfield Mall around the end of June or so.

As for what to try - what sort of things are you looking for? Do you like bath things, shower things, skin care stuff? A good starter item, I think, would be Lemony Flutter. It is officially a cuticle butter, but it's very versatile - I use it on my superdry elbows and it works wonders. It can also be used on feet and knees and even as a lip balm! As you might guess by the name, it smells like lemon.

If you're curious about things and want to try them but don't want a large bottle, one thing to do is to join the forum on lush.com. Once you register (it is free), there's a board called Swaps and Group Orders. People frequently offer to sell or swap their excess items or smaller decants from large bottles of things, and prices are generally very reasonable. I've bought a few things from people on the forum. (That's how I got my hands on BNever before it comes out in the discon round!)
Old 05-27-2007, 10:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOIIalum View Post

Do you like florals? Fruity/citrusy? or scents like vanilla and that sort of thing? That'll help me make a recommendation

I bought a shampoo bar for the first time ever and I LOVE it. I normally have to condition the crap out of my hair because it curls when wet (or humid) and frizzes as it dries. With the bar, I don't need conditioner, and I even went to bed with my hair damp and didn't have to spend half an hour just taming my hair again! I'm so impressed. I bought the red one, it's cinnamon, among other things. They're supposed to be good for 80 shampoos, but I think it'll last longer than that!
Old 05-27-2007, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post

I bought a shampoo bar for the first time ever and I LOVE it. I normally have to condition the crap out of my hair because it curls when wet (or humid) and frizzes as it dries. With the bar, I don't need conditioner, and I even went to bed with my hair damp and didn't have to spend half an hour just taming my hair again! I'm so impressed. I bought the red one, it's cinnamon, among other things. They're supposed to be good for 80 shampoos, but I think it'll last longer than that!
Which shampoo bar do you use?
Old 05-27-2007, 10:39 PM
GreekChat Member

This one:
Quote:
A spice bar for the scalp. Cinnamon, peppermint, and clove bud oil revitalize your scalp and hair follicles as it eliminates dirt, grime, and product residue. Use it and you'll feel like a whole new person - not that you were bad to begin with.
It's just called "(Hair) Shampoo"

It's not really strong smelling, just a hint
Old 05-27-2007, 11:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Mmm sounds lovely -- I might have to try it!

I used Godiva before and I really loved it the first couple of times. Then it got my hair really greasy at the scalp and stringy and really dry at the ends, but the scent was delicious!
Old 05-28-2007, 02:30 AM
GreekChat Member

It is a life saver. I was shopping for my mom for mothers day and they had a "buy two get a case free" thing. So now I have both a bar and the case Traveling and/or camping with this sucker will be way easier, and again, I cannot emphasize enough how amazing it is that my hair actually lays flat with this thing.

Can you tell i'm still infatuated with it?
Old 05-28-2007, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Havana View Post
As for what to try - what sort of things are you looking for? Do you like bath things, shower things, skin care stuff?
Bath, shower (color treated hair), body lotion/butter suggestions are welcome. Moisturizing = good. Not really looking for facial care items, but if they have a good eye cream might consider it. Love lip balms and glosses if they do that kind of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Havana View Post
If you're curious about things and want to try them but don't want a large bottle, one thing to do is to join the forum on lush.com.
Thanks for that tip, and all of the Chicago locations. I didn't know there were that many!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
Do you like florals? Fruity/citrusy? or scents like vanilla and that sort of thing? That'll help me make a recommendation
Addicted to almost all things vanilla scented. Also love fruity/spicys like peach, banana, cinnamon, cocoa. Love moisturizing fizzy bubbly bath things. In general, clean fresh scents are good. Not a fan of suffocating, heavy floral scents.

Hate citrusy--especially grapefruit. Same goes for pear, green apple, watermelon, mint, anything that reminds me of jolly ranchers or sour patch kids.

Suggest away, and thanks!
Old 05-28-2007, 02:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Taking that into account - Sympathy for the Skin. It's a hand and body lotion, good for sensitive skin too, and it smells like vanilla/banana custard. LOVE IT.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm going to NOLA next month so I may have to stop by the store down there to see what all the hoopla is about. But really, I have enough B&BW shower gels and lotions to last me about another year ...

Are the bath bomb things just for using in a bath? Cuz I never take baths. What's good for shower-taking folks like myself?
Old 05-29-2007, 12:39 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
their shower gels are awesome

if you like jasmine, get flying fox
if you like patchouli, get Tramp
if you like chocolate and orange, get Sonic death monkey
if you like citrus get happy hippy

they have great shower jellies too. My favorite 2 are
Big calm-smells like a tropical vacation
the joy of jelly has jasmine tones
Old 05-29-2007, 11:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to KDAngel Send a message via AIM to KDAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
Obviously we don't have it here because we're so wayyy behind the times.

When I initially read the title of this thread I thought Being a Lush=Being a drunk.

It's the alcoholic in me I guess. Sorry.
Haha. Me too. I was thinking this thread was going to be golden and instead it's about cosmetics.
Alpha Rho Chapter at the University of Maryland, PR Adviser: www.umdkappadelta.org
*COUNTRY FIRST* Conservative. Republican. Proud.
Old 05-29-2007, 02:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Flying Fox is my favorite! I'm loving B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful too and will be stocking up on that in the DC round.

I also like the Party On jelly. Very energizing and cooling - perfect for summer.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:45 PM
GreekChat Member

I just noticed on the website that there is going to be a store coming to GA finally - in Atlanta at Lenox Square Mall! I am so excited (although of course this would be right when I'm about to move further away, lol) - does anyone have any more info on this?