GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,938
0 members and 1,938 guests
No Members online

Old 05-21-2007, 12:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks! OK..since I live out in Ohio and there are no cool stores such as Lush, I need advice then on what to buy. My skin is a little on the complex side which is why I have tried so many products. You name it I have probably tried it. My skin isn't acne prone per say but blackheads/whitehead prone. If I use too strong of a product though my skins gets really dry and flaky easily. I know some of you seem to know this product very well and might know what would work on my skin. Since I do not have a store around and would be ordering from the Internet, I wanted some advice from those who have used the products before. I feel salespeople can be pushy and obviously not always honest when they are trying to sell the product. (I know this is odd..but I am desperate to find products that work..)
Old 05-21-2007, 12:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
According to the Lush site, there will be one coming to Ohio this year!

Ohio
Beachwood Coming Soon!
Beachwood Place Mall, 26300 Cedar Rd.

Every year, they announce some of the discontinued stuff will be coming out of retirement for a short time. I am kinda pissed that there are no bath bombs on the list and only 1 soap

Products coming out of retirement for a limited time
Old 05-21-2007, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill1228 View Post
According to the Lush site, there will be one coming to Ohio this year!

Ohio
Beachwood Coming Soon!
Beachwood Place Mall, 26300 Cedar Rd.
Roadtrip to Cleveland coming soon! There's a BE boutique there as well.
Old 05-21-2007, 03:53 PM
GreekChat Member

So I am thinking about Herbalism to use on my skin. Anyone ever used it? Cleveland is getting closer to me, but it is still a 3 hour drive (boo hiss)

Last edited by BuckeyeTriDelta; 05-21-2007 at 04:25 PM.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
I am seriously becoming addicted to Lush stuff! I'm going to a party at the Lush store in Oakbrook this Saturday. I got tons of free stuff at the one I went to last month so I am looking forward to this.

They announced the Fresh from the Past (discontinued stuff to be remade for a brief time) winners last night. See the list here. There are a few things on that list just waiting for me!

ETA: Jill, great minds!

Last edited by Sister Havana; 05-21-2007 at 06:02 PM.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Sister havana, I am gonna do some serious damage!

Buckeye: I like herbalism. It worked great on me
Old 05-21-2007, 07:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuteASAbug View Post
I got a free BB Seaweed mask when I was buying bath bombs and I tried it today. Love it. You have to keep it refrigerated though and I'm not sure how long its shelf life is.

I got this chocolate minty thing... It smelled yummy! But looked like poop... literally, poop. I think it worked for me.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Had to bump and let everyone know that I went today finally and saw there were a lot of new things.

I just bought one thing -- I didn't have any more cash. It is a really sparkly bath bubble bar. Sunnyside. I'll let you know how it turns out when I use it!
Old 05-27-2007, 01:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
They are opening up on @ the Providence Place Mall this summer so I'm sure at some point over the next few months either at home or in school I'm gonna check it out. One of my roomies this past tri said her mom loves Lush.

*I also thought it was drinking at first*

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 05-27-2007, 02:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardedbystars View Post
Had to bump and let everyone know that I went today finally and saw there were a lot of new things.

I just bought one thing -- I didn't have any more cash. It is a really sparkly bath bubble bar. Sunnyside. I'll let you know how it turns out when I use it!
I LOVE that one I used half in my bath and got loads of bubbles and the water shimmered wonderfully
Old 05-27-2007, 01:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I went to a store party at the Oakbrook Lush and had a great time! I bought a pot of Sympathy for the Skin (plus a couple things for my mom) and got a nice haul of free stuff! The goody bag had a sample of Karma Kream, a slice of Sea Vegetable soap, and a Black Pearl ballistic (I swapped that for a couple more Karma Kreams). I also got a Pleasure Treasure massage bar for wearing something piratey, and in a game I won a Bling Crosby bubble bar, a Shimmy Shimmy massage bar, a slice of Ginger soap, and a Soft Coeur massage bar.

All stores are having a Fresh Faces party/casting call next Saturday. I'm totally going.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Havana View Post
I went to a store party at the Oakbrook Lush and had a great time! I bought a pot of Sympathy for the Skin (plus a couple things for my mom) and got a nice haul of free stuff! The goody bag had a sample of Karma Kream, a slice of Sea Vegetable soap, and a Black Pearl ballistic (I swapped that for a couple more Karma Kreams). I also got a Pleasure Treasure massage bar for wearing something piratey, and in a game I won a Bling Crosby bubble bar, a Shimmy Shimmy massage bar, a slice of Ginger soap, and a Soft Coeur massage bar.

All stores are having a Fresh Faces party/casting call next Saturday. I'm totally going.

OOOOOH!! How did you find out there was a party?

Quote:
Drolefille

I LOVE that one I used half in my bath and got loads of bubbles and the water shimmered wonderfully
I just used it last night -- it was WONDERFUL. It's my new favorite! I used to loove another bath slice, but I don't remember what it was and I'm pretty sure they don't have it anymore.

I haven't been in so long and I can't wait to try all their new stuff.
Old 05-27-2007, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Go to the Lush site, click on Stores, then click on Store Events. it will bring up a calendar showing dates of all the store parties! Each store is required to have 2 parties a month, per the people at Oakbrook. Plus most of the stores post their parties on the Lush forum.

At some stores you have to spend a certain amount of money to get a goody bag. (usually it's something like $35-50) Oakbrook doesn't have that requirement but you do have to RSVP.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Havana View Post
Go to the Lush site, click on Stores, then click on Store Events. it will bring up a calendar showing dates of all the store parties! Each store is required to have 2 parties a month, per the people at Oakbrook. Plus most of the stores post their parties on the Lush forum.

At some stores you have to spend a certain amount of money to get a goody bag. (usually it's something like $35-50) Oakbrook doesn't have that requirement but you do have to RSVP.
I didn't know each store was required to have two parties. That's really awesome. I've been to a couple before and you get AWESOME freebies. And usually it's a LOT of freebies.

There's one today at my store, but I didn't find out about it until like 4PM, so that's a no go. I can't go to the casting call next week, but maybe there will be some next month.

Thanks for the info!
Old 05-27-2007, 05:52 PM
GreekChat Member

There's no Lush within 200 miles of my house at least And none in any of the places I normally travel. I hate ordering things online without seeing them first myself, so I guess I'll just have to go without for now.