GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Alpha Psi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,637
0 members and 1,637 guests
No Members online

Old 12-26-2000, 02:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Question A question for the Pretty Boys from a Pretty Girl.....

I posted this in the APhiA forum, and thought I'd ask you guys, too!

Ok, this is about these scantily clad women in these videos (and everywhere else). Ok, me and my ex were watching TV the other day, and this lady said that she felt that men were immature the way that they have these women dressed in these videos. My ex got offended and said that women need to understand that that is what men want to see. Ok, I understand that sex sells. I also understand that men like to look at these women dressed like this. I bear no double standards. The D'Angelo video was sexy as hell. However, I wouldn't want to see men like this in every video.

My question is this: What else do men find physically attractive/sexy about a woman besides her being half naked?

Is it the presentation? Like the Bilal video for Soul Sista. I think that's a sexy video that was done much more tastefully than these boody bouncing videos.

Tell me what yall think!!
Old 12-26-2000, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Good question Ideal08! I am anxiously awaiting responses as well.
Old 12-27-2000, 08:55 PM
GreekChat Member

To answer your question, for me it's the eyes. They say that the eyes are the window to a person's soul. I believe in that cliche. Now on to the scantily clad chicks in videos. I love it! I'm being honest. Now some of those videos are down right ridiculous. For example, the Cash Money Millionaires "Project Chick". But for me if it's done in the right it's all good. I hate videos when you know they're using hood rats. I'm not sexy the videos are sexy though. I'm saying that their are a lot of half naked chicks in there that look good. But I have to agree that Bilal's video is sexy. The women in the video are not your typical video chicks. I think that's why I love it.

------------------
KAPPA ALPHA PSI FRATERNITY, INC.
SPR 97
XI LAMBDA
Old 12-28-2000, 09:25 AM
GreekChat Member

I have to agree with N4L, the eyes are really sexy to me. As far as videos, I like to see scantily clad women, I can't sit here and say that I don't, but at some point I hope that a vidoe has more than just that.

Most brothers will answer that they like the half naked women. That's probably why I see so many brothers that I know when I hit Strip, ah I mean gentlemens's clubs here in DC. But as far as what I find sexy, I like women who are more naturaly beautiful. Someone who has to spend like hours in front of the mirror, and all that high maintenance, I don't find them all that attractive. Now she might be someone that I want to take to bed (sorry I am just being honest), but as far as her me being attracted to her, naw.

My friends always go for the highly visible, pretty girls that everyone is swett'n. I usually shoot for the classy sista with the natural and nicely toned body. That's what I find sexy.

MN

[This message has been edited by ManndingoNUPE (edited December 28, 2000).]
Old 12-28-2000, 02:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks, yall!! I appreciate your honesty in answering the question. Skeeeeee-Yo!!
Old 01-06-2001, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I am sitting here at work and reading some of the previous topics that have been discussed over the last few months. I ran across this one and I also wanted to respond to Ideal08.

Unfortunately, sex does sell. Now, I grew up listening to Run DMC, Eric B & Rakim, Doug E. Fresh, NWA, 2 Live Crew, Too Short, EPMD, etc... So, I developed an interest in the lyrics and the originality of the beat in the music. However, within the last five to 10 years, videos are all about nakedness. I would be telling a lie if I said that some of those skimpy dressed women don't get my attention. Nevertheless, it is definitely sending the wrong message to viewers. In my opinion, it puts more focus on a black woman's body and not enough focus on her true attributes:
1) mind
2) soul
3) heart
4) love
*5) strength

However, I do think that when most (not all) brothers reach a certain age, we do finally transcend from that one tracked mentality.
It takes some brothers longer than others... 30, 40 or even 50 years old.
The only bad thing is that they we end up hurting so many women before we are mature enough to know and do better.

But those are my thoughts on this topic.

Bobby Earl
Old 01-06-2001, 06:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobby Earl:
[B]However, I do think that when most (not all) brothers reach a certain age, we do finally transcend from that one tracked mentality.
It takes some brothers longer than others... 30, 40 or even 50 years old.
The only bad thing is that they we end up hurting so many women before we are mature enough to know and do better.

/B]
I AGREE!
MR. EARL, ARE YOU SPEAKING FROM EXPERIENCE?
Old 01-08-2001, 10:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Yes,
Unfortunately, I am speaking from experience. Sometimes, experience is the only way people will ever learn.
Old 01-08-2001, 01:53 PM
GreekChat Member

I have a question pertaining to this topic?

Do you think that the videos and other stereotypes of black women have an impact on how brothers see and interact with black women?

A lot of the videos and stereotypes emphasize on the physical attributes which might indirectly cause men to only see women for sex. This is what I meant about people getting hurt because one party is focused on longevity, understanding, and getting to know someone while the other is focused on sex. I know it takes more than a video to think this way, but the videos don't help.

I also don't like how the beautiful black women has always been visualized with "light skin", long hair, coke bottle shape, and brown or hazel eyes. By no means am I prejudice against light skinned ladies, but I just feel that there are many darker and less physically inclined sisters who have a lot to offer.

Now that I think ahout it, maybe this behavior is learned at a young age or influenced by the environment in which some men grow up under. I am from Louisiana and I know that a lot of brothers from Southern Louisiana (Lafayette, New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Hammond, etc..) have this mentality whether they choose to admit it or not.

Does anyone have some more input?
Old 01-08-2001, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Bobby Earl,
in my louuusssyANA accent...
WHO YO PEOPLE?

I AM FROM LOUISIANA, TOO...
Old 01-08-2001, 07:06 PM
GreekChat Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AKA2D '91:

WHO YO PEOPLE?

AKA2D'91,
I am a little throwed off. What do you mean by "Why Yo People?" Please edumacate me further...

If you are from the boot, you know that most brothers are crazy about those red-bones...and anything less is uncivilized.

Old 01-08-2001, 07:20 PM
GreekChat Member

LOL...I EDUMACATE for a living!

where are you from in LA?

Yes, I do know that ESPECIALLY, here in New Orleans, they LOVE those "down the bayou" peeps...

in other words, SERIOUS redbone!
Old 01-08-2001, 08:00 PM
GreekChat Member

I am from a very small town called Bastrop (about 15 miles from Monroe). I have only been in the BR for about 2 and half years. I think I first witnessed this epidemic when I went to Northwestern. It's really not that serious when I think about it, but it is a little unfortunate. I have seen some of the most gorgeous creatures known to man and many of them were not red bones.
To each his own; I guess.

Where are you from AKA2D '91? Did you cross in 91? If so, I know a few of your sands from Northeast Lousiana University (Monroe) that crossed in 91.
Old 01-08-2001, 08:07 PM
GreekChat Member

AKA2D'01

What does ROFTLMAO and LOL mean?
As I said earlier, I am a little throwed off so I must have been absent on the day the correspondance with the meaning of those two abbreviations was issued out.

Is this something that I should know or is it something I don't need to know?

Help me out educator..
Old 01-08-2001, 08:28 PM
GreekChat Member

If you are going to be a REGULAR on THIS or ANY internet chat forum, you need to know this...

ROTFL=rolling on the floor laughing
ROTFLMAO= rolling on the floor laughing my AZZ OFF
LOL=laughing out loud
IMHO= in my honest opinion
JMO= just my opinion

HEY, IT'S 91! NOT 'O1

OH, I GUESS YOU WILL WANT TO KNOW HOW TO ADD THE "SMILIES" NEXT!

um, NUPES, help educate your brother, if I have left any out!

[This message has been edited by AKA2D '91 (edited January 08, 2001).]