GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Chapter Operations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chapter Operations Share plans, ideas, and brainstorm problems related to chapter operations. Topics also include parliamentary procedure, national programs, innovations & etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,751
0 members and 1,751 guests
No Members online

Old 04-01-2007, 05:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Sigma Kappa is a little older than onelovve

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLovve View Post
I apoligize in everyway if I offended you but I had no prior knowledge to your sorority and is definitely NOT the sorority I was speaking of in my above statement, I was trying to use colors that wouldnt offend any greek organization but I failed, obviously and I dont mind correcting my mistake. As for my username, I have been using this username for years b4 your organization was founded, so that will not be changed and is in NO WAY affiliated with your organization. AGAIN, If you feel any disrespect, I apoligize but my first post was not to you OR you organization....
Unfortunately ONELOVVE you stated in your post that you had been using your username for years before a poster's sorority had even been founded. Her sorority, Sigma Kappa, was founded in 1874. It might be helpful for you to research a greek organization before you make assumptions. Good Luck.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-01-2007, 06:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by priss22 View Post
Unfortunately ONELOVVE you stated in your post that you had been using your username for years before a poster's sorority had even been founded. Her sorority, Sigma Kappa, was founded in 1874. It might be helpful for you to research a greek organization before you make assumptions. Good Luck.
I'll clarify that.

A Theta Nu Xi posted at some point in there. Their motto is "One Love." And they were founded in 1997. At the same time, I'm not so sure I believe that "OneLovve" was using THAT particular username 10 years ago no matter how certain she was about which org she wanted to join. (As long as their membership intake was according to her standards of course)

I love people who are snobby about how old their GLO is. A hundred years from now, who knows which GLOs will be the most respected.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh, OK. I just saw that she posted that immediately after you posted and I thought she was referring to Sigma Kappa. I didnt see a Theta Nu Xi post anything. Oh well.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Oh, OK. I just saw that she posted that immediately after you posted and I thought she was referring to Sigma Kappa. I didnt see a Theta Nu Xi post anything. Oh well.
She must have deleted her post.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
lol

I thought you username said piss22 at first.

lol
Old 04-01-2007, 07:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
She must have deleted her post.
I imagine it was handled through PM --- in the OP, in addition to the OneLove username, she had used TNX's colors for her font, and after being informed by someone of the error, she corrected the problem.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Paper vs Pledge..will always be an issue. Not everyone will agree... Some say its about what happens afterwards, which is true on the "official level", on a social level... it may differ, depend on the type of person you are, depends on what's most important to you.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Paper Made

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNYC2 View Post
yo, one of the older bros in my chapter was tellin me about this b4...he told me that they had to greet the other orgs if they saw them in the street or whatever....and i never understood this shit. the only other org than my own that i would let see my boys is Z Phi B, and thats for obvious reasons. what the fuck i care bout lettin any other org see my boys? Same way, i dont really care bout seeing who they got on either...they dont need my props just like my boys dont need theirs...

Whats up frat

At the time we were pledging - we were not officially sorors so we went through the process. I believe when I pledged the atmosphere on our campus was different it was only 500 AA students compared to 16,000 caucasian students which put us in a place where we knew we needed to be close in order to get through school- this in turn spilled over into the pledge process. I am not saying that you should allow your boys to see other organizations- this is your choice- it worked for us- all the organizations became closer and as someone stated it usually happened during "hell week" only. The point of my post was to say aspirants have to make a decision for themselves whether to pledge or not but it all doesn't matter, and I'm sure you will agree if they don't learn anything during the process. I can't imagine those who pledge under you would come into set not knowing anything. You seem like your lines would be tight and I respect that.

ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Old 06-03-2007, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

When you want to be a part of a sorority, you do what you feel you are up to do. In your situation, its very clear what you have to do. The sorority does what it was built upon and in the end, that is all that really matters. I would much whether be "paper" and be of service to all man-kind than be "made" and just look cute walking around in my letters and not doing anything but that. Remember what it is ultimatley about. And if other chapters look down on you, they need to reevaluate themselves because regardless what they say you are their soror, whether they accept it or not.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhrozenGenius Send a message via Yahoo to PhrozenGenius
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettygirl_6 View Post
When you want to be a part of a sorority, you do what you feel you are up to do. In your situation, its very clear what you have to do. The sorority does what it was built upon and in the end, that is all that really matters. I would much whether be "paper" and be of service to all man-kind than be "made" and just look cute walking around in my letters and not doing anything but that. Remember what it is ultimatley about. And if other chapters look down on you, they need to reevaluate themselves because regardless what they say you are their soror, whether they accept it or not.
Another part of being greek is academic excellence. Proper grammar and spelling is imperative to your success in greek life and the business world.

Also the use of proper e-etiquette is imperative to your success on message boards. (i.e.-Not resurrecting long dead topics.)

Thanks,
PhrozenGenius
Old 06-03-2007, 10:31 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhrozenGenius View Post
(i.e.-Not resurrecting long dead topics.)
Since when was this deemed bad e-etiquette?

While I do think it's ridiculous to offer bits of advice to someone who asked a question in 1999, resurrecting threads can be a good thing, especially if it generates a brand new kind of discussion.

Just because a thread's been long dead doesn't mean it should stay that way.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to HiddenTreazure
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmadiva View Post
^^^^^ Don't leave!!!!

Seriously though, I never thought it did anyone any good to first of all stay on line for more than 8 weeks. I mean, come on, what the h@ll does it take more than 8 weeks to learn about your org? Some one said they, or someone they knew, was on line for two semesters? Was that person getting a minor in pledge education?
Secondly, I think the physical and mental abuse during pledging is no more different from what one would find in a dysfunctional family - daddy beats me black and blue and calls me stupid because he loves me. That is bull isht.
Ooh wee Jesus. Comedy at it's finest. But that is real. Two semesters? A whole school year. 24-36 hours of classes?