GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,145
3 members and 2,142 guests
John, Low D Flat, zdaidjunioro429

Old 10-23-2010, 09:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
To throw in the mix though, I know several people who were active in their GLOs while in med school. And I know ONE person who became an Alpha while in med school.

But clearly their activity ceased by the time they got to year three.
Thanks. I was about to say what the OP is asking about isn't impossible for NPHC graduate/alumni/alumnae membership. However, the OP is searching for a GLO that will take him and fishing expeditions like that shouldn't be directed to NPHC orgs.

People's activity will cease because of med school or any other strict graduate school or strict career regiment. However, the logistics behind that are solely up to the individual and the chapter.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-23-2010, 01:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
This isn't a campus decision. It's a GLO decision.
Whoops, that's what I meant. "Can pledge on the campus" meaning "grad students actually pledging." I need to work on my phrasing.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:56 PM
GreekChat Member

FYI: In an earlier time, it was fairly common for fraternities to have chapters at what we'd call 'professional schools' nowadays. Presently, at Meharry Medical College, a historically Black medical/dental/graduate biomedical school located in Nashville, TN, you have chapters of NPHC groups which function as college chapters do. Delta Chapter of Omega Psi Phi at Meharry, with which I'm more familiar, was founded in 1919. They had a Fall '10 Probate Show for their new "line" (i.e., new initiates of their most recent pledge class). See an excerpt from this probate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxiYf...eature=related

GreekChat.com - The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network
Old 10-24-2010, 07:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
FYI: In an earlier time, it was fairly common for fraternities to have chapters at what we'd call 'professional schools' nowadays. Presently, at Meharry Medical College, a historically Black medical/dental/graduate biomedical school located in Nashville, TN, you have chapters of NPHC groups which function as college chapters do. Delta Chapter of Omega Psi Phi at Meharry, with which I'm more familiar, was founded in 1919. They had a Fall '10 Probate Show for their new "line" (i.e., new initiates of their most recent pledge class). See an excerpt from this probate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxiYf...eature=related
Yep know all about Meharry. They were across the street. Like Dr Phil said though it is easier through an NPHC.

But I will give you the real story behind Meharry, their greek life paled in comparison to the undergrads that surrounded them (both Fisk across the street and TSU down the street.) And most of their active members were year 1 and year 2 students.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0Xa4bHcJu8