GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,571
2 members and 2,569 guests
FSUZeta

Old 04-24-2002, 03:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up Show of hands

By a show of hands (er...posts) how many of you who are currently members of a GLO have been helped through the rush/recruitment process in the past with the help of people on Greek Chat? I know I would have been completely oblivious to most all of what goes on in the recruitment process had I not found GC. I rushed last fall & all my rush stories were posted on here, but unfortunately my story & many others' stories were erased when GC was being reformatted last semester. Anyhow.... how many of you were helped through the process by GC & what was your mental image of Greek Life before you found GC as compared to after you found GC & joined your GLO?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-24-2002, 05:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to HeidiHo
I would never have done it if I hadn't read about rush groups and the ladies formerly known as Rho Chis. GC certainly helped me!
Heidi
Old 04-24-2002, 06:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I wouldn't be in the group that I am without GC. I was having a really tough time last semester and got good advice. I also met someone through the board, who offered said good advice, and who is now a close friend. (Thanks Mel)
Old 04-24-2002, 06:52 PM
GreekChat Member

I haven't posted in forever, but GC helped me with EVERYTHING. I knew absolutely nothing about the Greek system, and here I found wonderful sorority women who were patient in explaining the answers to all my questions and quick to calm my fears. Thanks for all the encouragement given to me during rush. Now it's my turn to go through Rush from the other side, and I can't believe its almost been a year. I love my sisters so much and I have never been happier.
Old 04-24-2002, 07:48 PM

I sooo wish I'd had GC as a resource when I went through rush. I wasn't as prepared as I might have been... but I still found my home, and that's what's important
Old 04-25-2002, 12:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
I agree with aephi alum. I knew nothing about the greek system when I rushed back in the day. I think that GC is an excellent resource for many people interested in greek life.
Old 05-21-2002, 01:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink

I was helped so much by this site! I was clueless about the whole rush process. I even met my future sister on GC!
I am glad that I found it.