GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,471
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, veasfrances2534
» Online Users: 2,176
1 members and 2,175 guests
mlanderson

Old 10-04-2015, 08:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you, FSUZeta and OldOleMiss. Fortunately, I live in Oxford and teach at Ole Miss. I was able to meet nolefan's daughter in August when my church had a back-to-school luncheon. I was able to introduce her to a DG who sings in the choir with me. When I found out mom was NOT coming, I decided to start a trend and stand in for her. I've been at bid day at Alabama with my own daughters, along with bid day here at Ole Miss, so I know first hand that it is a party on steroids ... and I would not have been able to live with myself if I let either of them let the day pass without some photos and video.

Hotty Toddy!

Last edited by Loyally Kappa; 10-05-2015 at 09:45 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-04-2015, 09:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quota and numbers??

Does anyone know what quota was and how many each chapter took? 142 seems low compared to what they were expecting.
Old 10-04-2015, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

LK, you are fabulous and so sweet. I hope one day we recolonize there. Even my Yankee husband is fascinated with Ole Miss. Lol
Old 10-04-2015, 09:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyally Kappa View Post
She is NOT missing having a sideline seat, because we three have been in contact and I will be standing in for her in The Grove tomorrow and sending photos and videos!
I honestly will never be able to properly thank my friend Loyally Kappa for bringing The Grove and Pi Phi and my daughter's joyful smile to me in South Carolina today. She spent hours on a chilly damp Sunday traipsing around with a camera and capturing the memories for me. The photos and video are fantastic and the next best thing to being there. I am truly grateful.

Let's see if I can figure out hot to post them....

Last edited by nolefan; 10-04-2015 at 09:46 PM.
Old 10-04-2015, 09:41 PM
GreekChat Member

My daughter is the blond on the left. She and a very good friend on her hall both received bids to Pi Phi and are just over the moon. She said the other sorority where she preffed was wonderful and of course she would have been happy there but Pi Phi was where she just felt most comfortable in the end and I hope she will have a lifetime of wonderful friendships there.

Thank you Loyally Kappa, these photos mean the world to me... you are a treasure.

Here she is with the sister who worked very hard all week to make my daughter feel welcome. She made sure my daughter met her roommate and her big sister and went out of her way to speak to her at every party. All that effort and thoughtfulness had a big impact on her week.

Old 10-04-2015, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hearttoheart View Post
Does anyone know what quota was and how many each chapter took? 142 seems low compared to what they were expecting.
My report said that all but Kappa Alpha Theta got quota+. Theta matched 120.

ADPi had a strong recruitment, IMO. I am sure that their fabulous new house was a bonus. It was their second formal recruitment after their re-colonization.

I know some PMNs dropped out after second and third rounds to rush for Alpha Phi. More than 50% of PNMs at Ole Miss are from out of state...from areas where Alpha Phi is very strong and has name recognition.
Old 10-04-2015, 09:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Love those photos of nolefan's daughter....so happy for her!
Old 10-04-2015, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

I read that Pi Phi got 155 angels.

nolefan-Hope your daughter finds the kind of home at the Pi Phi house that I did!
Old 10-04-2015, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator

Yesss! Yay for all these new angels--RING CHING!!!
Old 10-04-2015, 10:19 PM
GreekChat Member

What a awesome recruitment story -- real time even -- and the photos are truly the cherry on top!

Nolefan, your daughter is just precious. Many congrats to her!

Loyally Kappa -- how wonderful that you stood in and captured these memories for Nolefan and her daughter.

Great story
Old 10-05-2015, 12:04 AM
GreekChat Member

I just love happy endings! What great pictures! Thank you for sharing- they really capture the festive mood of the day. LK, you were so nice to take these pictures for nolefan. My niece was so happy to receive her bid from ADPi today.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Mississippi Photo

This is an image from Tri Delta. The two are sisters. The one on the left is a new pearl. It was another happy ending today.

Last edited by Football Fan; 10-05-2015 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Added sentence..
Old 10-05-2015, 08:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Quick update:

Congratulations to all the girls (OldOleMiss' friend's daughter, LIXO's niece, and nolefan's gorgeous daughter)! I'm glad they all ended up where they are happy, wanted to be, and belong. I wish them all the best sisterhood...more love and friendship than even they are expecting.

Loyally Kappa you are so wonderful to take photos and video for nolefan. You are a treasure

My daughter pledged Phi Mu! The best part was to see her so happy in her green headband and pink letter shirt yesterday. I can't believe I'm going to be able to call her my sister. I have to wait for her to send me the photos I took on her phone before I can post any.

Off to meet PPP at Big Bad Breakfast! Thanks for the recommendations!
Old 10-05-2015, 09:06 AM
Super Moderator

Congratulations to all new members! May they treasure these memories for a lifetime!

Nolefan's daughter is such a cutie!
Old 10-05-2015, 10:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Seeing the 'angel wing' hand signs I think I saw some Pi Phis this summer when we went up the Sears, er, Willis Tower. There were some beautiful blondes taking pictures while doing the same hand/angel thing.

I'm curious to see how Alpha Phi will do. When do they start recruitment?