GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,443
1 members and 2,442 guests
navane

Old 01-31-2010, 11:47 AM
kat3iseret

Spring Recruitment at UF?

Hello,

I was curious if anybody had any information about the Informal Spring Recruitment at the University of Florida. I was curious how exactly it works, is it at all similar to the recruiment process in the Fall? How many sororities will be involved? The fraternities just had their Spring Rush and I know that almost all the frats were involved, only a handful did not accept new pledges. Just curious since I want to participate in Spring Recruitment but know nothing about it! Thanks
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-31-2010, 12:41 PM
GreekChat Member

You could check with the Greek Life office to see if any groups are eligible for spring recruitment. Most of the groups at UF are normally over total so would not be eligible.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:43 PM
kat3iseret

Alright thanks, one more question...do you needs recs for spring/informal recruitment or is that something that is done normally for formal recruitment?
Old 01-31-2010, 05:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Assume you always need recs.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 01-31-2010, 08:46 PM
kat3iseret

Is it normal to ask sororities up front what their dues/fees are during the recruitment period?
Old 01-31-2010, 10:37 PM
GreekChat Member

If you go to the University of Florida's Panhellenic website, on the main page there is a link to Spring recruitment.

http://www.ufpanhellenic.com/page.ph...72&parent_id=0
The Panhellenic Council is currently getting ready for Spring Recruitment! If you are interested in learning more about the Panhellenic Council or Spring Recruitment, please attend one of our Spring Recruitment Information Sesisons:
-- Jan. 20, 7 p.m. in Broward Basement
-- Feb. 2, 7 p.m. in Broward Basement
-- Feb. 3, 8 p.m. in Hume Hall

Spring Recruitment will be held on Feb. 9 at 7 p.m. in the Reitz Union.

So.. make sure you attend one info. session and then next week is informal recruitment. I would highly recommend recs.

As for mentioning dues to the sorority, I wouldn't do it. I would direct that question to the Vice President of Membership, her email can be found if you go to the link above. Actually, you can email her any question you may have about the sororities.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:02 PM
kat3iseret

Thank you so much mittens!
Old 02-01-2010, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator

wait until after your information session before you ask any questions in regards to dues. that might be one of the topics discussed that night.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:52 AM
kat3iseret

Another quick question...What I should I wear!? We have one night of a more "formal" rush setting where we go and meet all the sororities in roughly 30 minute parties in one evening. They told us to wear nice dark jeans and nice top and maybe flats...I was curious if I wore a dark jeans that are inbetween skinny and straight, and one of the following tops, input would be loved - A skinny oxford or a polo (not sure if I should tuck or untuck) or a cardigan. Also, do you think khaki would be acceptable as well or no. Thanks!!!
Old 02-05-2010, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

do you know any sorority girls at uf? they would be your best bet for advice on what to wear. if you don't, then go with what was suggested , but maybe a little dressier. if the wardrobe suggestion did not include khaki, i would not wear it.

if most of the pnms are wearing dark jeans and a nice top, wear some sort of accessory that will set you apart(in a good way)-cute flats in a bright color(like the kind j. crew sells), a cute head band, scarf or piece of jewelry.

are the parties being held at the sorority houses? if so, make sure those shoes are comfortable and broken in, but still look in good condition(no scuff marks).

Last edited by FSUZeta; 02-05-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:34 AM
kat3iseret

Well I did ask someone I knew in a sorority and they said polo and flats before I even asked about wardrobe-thanks for your advice about accessories at least this gives me an excuse to shop
Old 02-05-2010, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

good luck kat, and let us know how everything goes.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat3iseret View Post
Well I did ask someone I knew in a sorority and they said polo and flats before I even asked about wardrobe-thanks for your advice about accessories at least this gives me an excuse to shop
I would of said polo or a cute girly top with maybe some flower prints or something (since its spring ) but always good to get advice from sorority women! Good luck and let us all know how everything goes.

Old 02-05-2010, 02:29 PM

I honestly think that 99 times out of 100, dark jeans are much more flattering than khakis of any kind.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
I honestly think that 99 times out of 100, dark jeans are much more flattering than khakis of any kind.
yes!