GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,180
1 members and 2,179 guests
No Members online

Old 08-11-2003, 04:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Good news! My husband was an RA in college, and he still has his book of student addresses. I found my Little Women friend's home address (her home while she was a college student anyway)!!!!

I am hoping that her family can forward the letter to their daughter. We are recent alums, so I think this might work. If I don't hear anything back in a few weeks, I'll try another tactic.

Thanks everybody!!! Mmwhaw (big kiss)

LM

P.S. CutiePie2000's list mentioned that some of the sororities have rules on how many years a PNAM has been out of school. I can't find any info about that on the Little Women website. Does anyone know any of the specifics?

Be a Volunteer!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-11-2003, 06:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

L-M, hate long names, cannot remember them worth a darn!

You could not have availed youself upon a better site for help and advice!

There are many, Many, MANY loving people on here who will bend over backwards to help and give good advice!

We all wish you the best of Luck in your Quest!

As you can see from reading posts, there are thos who as your self are just starting , those who are waiting, and those who have made it!

Becoming a PNAIM is a lot tuffer than just rushing in college! NO more hecktic of course! LOL!

Welcome to the Finest Site for Greeks and any help, We are all here to help!

There very Bestest to someone aspiring to what you seek!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 08-11-2003, 06:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by LouisaMay
P.S. CutiePie2000's list mentioned that some of the sororities have rules on how many years a PNAM has been out of school. I can't find any info about that on the Little Women website. Does anyone know any of the specifics?
I know we don't have that rule, but I can't speak for the ones who do.
Old 08-11-2003, 08:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to bsp-mich24
LouisaMay,

My knowledge is limited but the one thing I noticed is that the requirements for the # of years in college & the # of yrs out of college vary by sorority.

Depending on the GLO, some may waive time or # of yrs since college by a committee vote (it may also be waived if you are currently serving as a voluteer for the GLO such as "House Mom" or Chapter Advisor, etc.).
Old 08-12-2003, 08:42 AM
GreekChat Member

A new discovery!

Back again! Thank you all for your PMs and your support on the board. You've been great.

As I said, my heart is with Little Women. Everything I know about this sisterhood seems like a perfect fit for me. I love the history, the philanthropy, the women I have met in the past, and the Little Women members I've "read" on GreekChat. Even the symbols and colors reflect so much of what I already am. It's almost scary! However, I have read all of the AI threads here, and I just want to say that I am considering approaching another group if Little Women falls through.

I have done a lot of thinking about my true motivations in going after AI, and I know that my wish for initiation is about 80% centered upon what I can do for the group, 20% what the group can do for me. I have spent a long time developing communication skills and leadership experience, and I want to use these skills to help young women better themselves and their communities. I feel that membership in an NPC sorority is the best place for me make a difference, and in my research, I have found another group that could be a good match for me and what I can bring to a sorority.

I do not want the organization that I might consider in the future to feel like "second choice," and if I ever reveal that group, the sisters can feel assured that their sorority only came second because I didn't know anything about them when I fell for Little Women (I will not be approaching other organizations from my alma mater). I do believe that things happen for a reason, and I will find the best place for me. I think that Little Women could be "the home" I've been waiting for, but no place is truly home until you have been invited through the door and nutured there by people who love you for who you are. We'll just have to wait and see...

Be a Volunteer!

Last edited by LouisaMay; 08-12-2003 at 09:12 AM.
Old 08-13-2003, 11:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Okay...so I was thinking that the whole 80/20 thing sounded sort of conceited. Sorry about that. I only meant that I am eager to give everything I can, and I am ready to work hard for Little Women. Just wanted to clarify...

LM

Be a Volunteer!

Last edited by LouisaMay; 08-13-2003 at 12:03 PM.
Old 08-13-2003, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I did not think you sounded conceited! Just please let us old alums (well I am old at least!) help you if we can OK?
Old 08-13-2003, 05:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Listen to GPhiBLtColn.!!! She aint that old but!!! LOL! Love Ya CELE!

She is very sharp and has a Heart as Big as the Open Spaces! Oh, she also gives some great advice!

Just because Your Heart is set on one, dont let that detract you from others! There are Many, Many Great Greek Soroity Orgs. out there in Greek Land!

If you are like you say you are, I wish you were a Guy, Be a LX- A!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 08-14-2003, 12:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Ha Ha! Thanks for the boost of confidence. There was a LXA chapter on my campus. They were a fun group of guys. A little crazy but definitely worth knowing

LM

Be a Volunteer!
Old 08-14-2003, 01:00 PM
GreekChat Member

So I was wondering...should I send an e-mail to headquarters or would a formal letter be more appropriate? I would like to hear from PNAMs who received replies, AIs, and other alums. I'm so nervous about messing up right off the bat. I would like the speed of e-mail, but I also appreciate the care a formal letter demonstrates. What do you think?

I planned to have my letter/e-mail sent by now, but things got hectic with work.

LM

Be a Volunteer!
Old 08-14-2003, 01:22 PM
GreekChat Member

I would agree.
Old 08-14-2003, 01:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by LouisaMay
So I was wondering...should I send an e-mail to headquarters or would a formal letter be more appropriate? I would like to hear from PNAMs who received replies, AIs, and other alums. I'm so nervous about messing up right off the bat. I would like the speed of e-mail, but I also appreciate the care a formal letter demonstrates. What do you think?

I planned to have my letter/e-mail sent by now, but things got hectic with work.

LM
Email addresses are posted on websites for a reason. You'll get a quicker response and there's less of a chance your intro will get lost in the paperwork.

What I have done is write to the alum membership email and ask who would be the right person to contact, so as to introduce myself to XYZ. So far, that's been a good thing for me.

Good luck!

Adrienne
Old 08-14-2003, 03:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey LM!

I don't think the 80/20 thing sounded conceited at all. The reason I chose to AI my group was because I wanted to be a volunteer and get involved at the international level. I thought I had a great deal to offer and I wanted to make a difference for the current members by offering my passion and skills. I hope I've done that. And in the end, I think every AI needs to think about what they can offer to group they choose.

Good luck!! It sounds like Little Women will be lucky to have you!
Old 08-15-2003, 11:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh, Boy!! I'm excited! I'll send an e-mail first thing Monday morning. I can't believe I've been able to contain myself this long I made a draft of a contact letter, and it was WAY too long. Now, I've cut it to like 1/4 of its original size. No reason to spill that whole story when I'm just trying to make contact, right?

Thanks for your comments, Heather17. That's the same way I feel. I would love to be involved with Little Women on the International level. Communications is my thing, so corresponding with chapters and alumnae all over the place would be so great for me!

Have a great weekend everyone.

LM

Be a Volunteer!
Old 08-17-2003, 05:50 PM
GreekChat Member

A Positive Step!!!

Hooray!!! I made contact with a member of Little Women. I have been advised to contact another member who works with college chapters and alum clubs in my region of the state instead of contacting Headquarters directly. I am going to take that advice, and I will send an e-mail to my new contact tomorrow (after I've had a chance to get my thoughts together). I may have the opportunity to work with the chapter that Bid me Wouldn't that be fantastic?! I realize that they won't be the exact same women, but I'll still be at my alma mater with my favorite sorority LITTLE WOMEN!!!!

Happy Sunday!
LM

Be a Volunteer!