GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,459
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, aolviatopz5295
» Online Users: 1,694
2 members and 1,692 guests
LaneSig

Old 08-12-2011, 02:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Freaking out over GPA?

Hi ladies..I'm a sophomore going through rush this fall at a public school that does not have a super competitive Greek system. I transferred to this school spring sem of my freshman year. First semester of my freshman year I had a 3.6 GPA, and while my grades from my other school are present on my transcript, my GPA from fall (at my old school) does not apply at my new school. My spring GPA was a 2.97.
The sorority at my school with the highest GPA has a 3.4, but most of the other sororities GPA rank between a 3.0-3.3. I know my GPA is below the average, but is it so much so that I will still face major cuts during recruitment? I have a lot of rec letters, I've been very involved in high school and college, and I'm FREAKING OUT!! I'd really appreciate any of your comments, however harsh/honest they may be. Thanks girls!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-12-2011, 03:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganopp277 View Post
Hi ladies..I'm a sophomore going through rush this fall at a public school that does not have a super competitive Greek system. I transferred to this school spring sem of my freshman year. First semester of my freshman year I had a 3.6 GPA, and while my grades from my other school are present on my transcript, my GPA from fall (at my old school) does not apply at my new school. My spring GPA was a 2.97.
The sorority at my school with the highest GPA has a 3.4, but most of the other sororities GPA rank between a 3.0-3.3. I know my GPA is below the average, but is it so much so that I will still face major cuts during recruitment? I have a lot of rec letters, I've been very involved in high school and college, and I'm FREAKING OUT!! I'd really appreciate any of your comments, however harsh/honest they may be. Thanks girls!!
No one here will be able to give you the answer you seek. We don't know if you will face major cuts due to GPA. We aren't the ones selecting members for bid day at your school.

You can't control your GPA. Just go into recruitment knowing you have recs and a solid resume and give it your all. Enjoy this period and quit freaking out already.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Average GPA is not the same thing as GPA minimum requirement. And as AAG said, it is what it is. Work on the things you CAN control and try to forget about the stuff you can't.