GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,454
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, nathnpetrovo648
» Online Users: 2,290
2 members and 2,288 guests
JayhawkAOII

Old 03-21-2010, 02:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quite a few sisters are adding old Kappa photos on FB and I've been having a blast looking through them all. Man, I can't believe it's already been almost 10 years since I graduated. I feel old!
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-21-2010, 04:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleowl33 View Post
Oh! And I saw in the extensions thread that Kappa is presenting at BU! Anyone know anything about that? It would be fun to have another colony, but it might be rough on the Boston-area alums to be supporting two colonies in the same city...
Oh crazy! That would be kind of like my chapter (Eta Mu @ UC Santa Cruz) and Eta Nu @ Santa Clara. They're only about an hour apart and were installed about 9 months apart. I know we've shared a lot of advisers and done some officer training together. I think it really depends on how big the Boston AA is. The same city is definitely a different thing, too.

Oh, I'm also pretty sure this is why Kappa chose not to present at San Jose State when they were open for expansion. Even though our old Delta Chi chapter is there, it would be a whole lot of new chapters in a very short time.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I think it would be wonderful to reopen our Phi chapter at BU, though.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISUKappa View Post
Agreed! We were the first to present, so fingers are crossed.

There are some ideas for making this work, potentially having one adviser for the same office at two chapters. BIAA (Boston Intercollegiate Alumnae Association) is somewhat stretched, as it supports the chapters at Harvard, Babson, UMass, and now Northeastern. We are very fortunate that the Fraternity provides so much support for new chapters with field reps and Coordinators of Chapter Development.

Off to Northeastern's installation on Friday!

Kappa Kappa Gamma

Tradition of Leadership

Old 03-22-2010, 02:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I wish there were more colleges in the northwest that could support a Greek system. Unfortunately the northwest has never had the density of colleges that the northeast has- and only 5 schools in WA are open to Greeks. Kappa has 4 or 5 alumnae associations within 30 minutes of UW... it'd be great to have another chapter close by to work with.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISUKappa View Post
Oooh, that would be awesome! I love re-colonizations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEKappa View Post
Agreed! We were the first to present, so fingers are crossed.

There are some ideas for making this work, potentially having one adviser for the same office at two chapters. BIAA (Boston Intercollegiate Alumnae Association) is somewhat stretched, as it supports the chapters at Harvard, Babson, UMass, and now Northeastern. We are very fortunate that the Fraternity provides so much support for new chapters with field reps and Coordinators of Chapter Development.

Off to Northeastern's installation on Friday!
Thanks for the info! My fingers are crossed too. Any idea when we'll know?

Have fun at the installation, and congrats to the new Northeastern chapter!
Old 03-26-2010, 11:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations to Kappa Delta, chosen to be the new chapter at Boston University!

Kappa Kappa Gamma

Tradition of Leadership

Old 04-09-2010, 03:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Pardon my crashing your forum again, but I've recently started reading a biography that mentions Kappa quite a bit, so you might be interested in it yourselves. It's Journey toward Justice: Juliette Hampton Morgan and the Montgomery Bus Boycott (http://www.amazon.com/Journey-toward-Justice-Juliette-Montgomery/dp/082032857X/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1270840969&sr=1-3),
about a lesser known civil rights activist. The Montgomery public library is named after her, although she wasn't treated that warmly back in the '50s.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:44 AM
GreekChat Member

I was just notified that I have been selected to JHU's chapter of Rho Lambda, the sorority leadership recognition society! The society's JHU chapter is only a few years old but so far only one other Kappa has ever been selected, so I'm really pumped!
Old 04-16-2010, 02:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleowl33 View Post
I was just notified that I have been selected to JHU's chapter of Rho Lambda, the sorority leadership recognition society! The society's JHU chapter is only a few years old but so far only one other Kappa has ever been selected, so I'm really pumped!
Congratulations! That's so cool!
Old 04-30-2010, 02:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Two big happy things for Eta Mu!

- Our third birthday was yesterday!!! I can't believe it's been three years already. Wow!

- My chapter got 3rd place in Greek Week which ended yesterday. They've been getting better and better every year! They also beat one of the top teams for Powder Puff. YES!
Old 08-25-2010, 03:27 AM
GreekChat Member

New badge options available!!

Old 08-25-2010, 03:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyKKG View Post
New badge options available!!

WANT!!!

Also, Missouri Kappa Melissa McMillin and her fiance, who is currently serving in Afghanistan, were chosen this morning to receive the Today Show wedding! Link below to their story and to vote on their wedding rings!

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/388389...oday_weddings/
Old 08-25-2010, 04:23 PM
GreekChat Member

I love, love, love the blue & blue key. I don't know why we didn't do that before! But it seemed like a no-brainer to me after seeing the double blue quill for Alpha Xi. I love what that Badge Trends thread started.

So... I ordered this one... And HJ said it was the first one ordered! I can't wait to get it. And I can't wait to start seeing other people order it, knowing I had a hand in it!
Old 09-26-2010, 11:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Pardon the lane swerve, I just wanted to share a link with y'all. The Baylor chapter of KKG has a wonderful music video that they use on slideshow day. I remember it being one of my favorite things on that day, and wanted to share with y'all what your sisters made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XilsjLYWZY
-GKC