GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,237
2 members and 1,235 guests
LaneSig

Old 06-29-2004, 11:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Meeting an Online Date

Okay ladies, I know this has nothing to do with greek material, but I was wondering have any of you tried online dating. How long do you feel you should wait before meeting face to face?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-29-2004, 01:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: I can't sleep at night when you are on my mind. Billie Womack is on the radio saying if you think your lonely now... what a minute that is too deep. I have to change the station...
Send a message via AIM to reddawn18 Send a message via Yahoo to reddawn18
When you are comfortable. It all depends on the situation.
Old 06-29-2004, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Cali_Keisha
I have had phone convos with people online but i have never had a real relationship with any of them. I know some people who have and sometimes is works and other times it doesn't. Just be careful if u do, there are some CRAZY people in this world.
Old 06-29-2004, 05:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Make sure you meet them in public. Dont go their house or let them come to yours. Talk to them on the phone for a while or see if they can email you a decent picture. They make make it easier but be very careful. THERES LOONITICS ON THE INTERNET!!!
Old 06-29-2004, 05:12 PM
GreekChat Member

I've never met anyone who was relationship material but I have met some nice people. I look at it like meeting a guy anywhere, you just never know. It could work, and then again it could not. A friend can introduce you to a guy that could turn out to be psycho just like a guy off-line could be psycho. Just be careful and don't buy into everything they say. I think many guys who are into online dating have others going on in their personal life too if you know what I am saying. Case in point, one of my sisters who happened to meet her boyfriend on match.com used his AOL account one day to check her email. She found he still had the online dating ring going on and a profile still up after they had been together for over a year. Plus he had all kinds of people on his buddy list with names like boobielicious that were IM'ing "him" while she was online. But again, this is just one case and could happen with any guy, not only the ones you meet online.
Old 06-29-2004, 05:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Please be careful!! A while ago (before Mr. LnF and I got back together), I met a young man online. I thought he was the greatest. He was a liar, who claimed to be a doctor. Instead, he stole my company credit card number and charged nearly $5000 on it. I almost lost my job over it. I met him on Yahoo Personals. Funny thing is, his story was so straight, I never would have suspected. Just please be careful!
Old 06-29-2004, 05:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by lostnfound117
Please be careful!! A while ago (before Mr. LnF and I got back together), I met a young man online. I thought he was the greatest. He was a liar, who claimed to be a doctor. Instead, he stole my company credit card number and charged nearly $5000 on it. I almost lost my job over it. I met him on Yahoo Personals. Funny thing is, his story was so straight, I never would have suspected. Just please be careful!
Oh wow, that is insane! Speaking of stealing credit card info, we were having this discussion last nite at our alumnae group dinner. Someone suggested not to use the same password for every site you go to, or to change them frequently. People can get access to this info. while you are online.
Old 06-29-2004, 05:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ImaDiamond
Quote:
Girlllllll!!! You said you ALMOST lost your job? You betta believe that was no one but God on your side!!

Anyway, I have met some people online as well. Trust me...there are some downright indignant people if you do decide to meet them, go to public places, stay in the light. If/when you get more comfortable, some of those walls can come down, but until then, chile, you best keep 'em up!!

Come on, now, does it REALLY get any better than this?
Old 06-29-2004, 07:05 PM
GreekChat Member

soror LnF, something similar happened to someone i know.

she met this guy on the internet and he told her he was a doctor. even showed up on their first date in scrubs. built this whole story but turns out he was posing as a doctor--not just to her but in real life. this nut was writing prescriptions and stealing from the hospital he was working at--AS A JANITOR!!! that fool is in jail now...

dang, why i always got a story to tell??

I Stay Woke!!
Old 06-30-2004, 01:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to _Opi_
Quote:
Originally posted by MeezDiscreet
soror LnF, something similar happened to someone i know.

she met this guy on the internet and he told her he was a doctor. even showed up on their first date in scrubs. built this whole story but turns out he was posing as a doctor--not just to her but in real life. this nut was writing prescriptions and stealing from the hospital he was working at--AS A JANITOR!!! that fool is in jail now...

dang, why i always got a story to tell??

That's a good story to tell, especially to friends who like talking to people on the net. Thanks 4 sharing!
Old 06-30-2004, 03:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: To all the bill collecta's I clare fo'gawd i'll pay ya on the 1st
Send a message via AIM to Gyrl7 Send a message via Yahoo to Gyrl7
Now you know I have to throw in all my cents on this one........

Huuuuuuuuuuufffffffffffffffffffff I met this clown on line and he was nice, although I felt like I was on a job interview during our first date because he kept asking these questions that only employers would ask.... Well needless to say I was hired for the second date

Then we go on our second date..............JUST THE THREE OF US......turns out that his STALKING EX showed up and started throwing rocks at my car........HUFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF! Thank god she was an ameture and just threw rocks instead of bricks.......

By the time I got outside her tired behind was gone..........because she was overdue for an arsh whippin

Old 06-30-2004, 03:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BLUTANG Send a message via Yahoo to BLUTANG
ditto on all advice given before... also let someone know where you'll be and when to expect you back - so in case "something" happens we'll know where to start looking. A friend of a friend was caught up in some TERRIBLE mess earlier this year that began with an online date. Here is a link to that article.

Partly because of this I am sure to let 2 of my friends know where I'll be if on a date. I'm on the paranoid side but i have someone call me during the evening (1) to check up on me and (2) to give me an excusde to roll out if the date is sucky.

Not saying that crazy people aren't everywhere, but please exercise extra caution when meeting people offline. Have fun and BE SAFE!
Old 07-02-2004, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! OMGoondess girl that is so straight up MESS!

And yall the story about the former Miss TSU is truly sad, but thankfully she made it through.

CodeBlu,

I would just tell you to be careful and to use the same common sense as you would any other stranger that struck up a convo and asked you out on a date.... (don't have him pick you up at home, meet in a public place, let someone else know where/when you'll be at, pepper spray in purse, etc.)

Mofos online, offline, inline, whatever are just plain CRAZY - DERANGED nowadays.
Old 07-05-2004, 11:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ykimber
Well, I have never dated anyone I meet online. However I have meet this one guy and we became friends. The first time we met offline we went to this place right off campus which I knew would be packed. I also told several friends that I was going to meet him. I double checked his job and his real name. He turned out to be a really nice guy. However we don't really talk much now.
Old 07-07-2004, 01:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Meeting an Online Date

Quote:
Originally posted by CodeBlue_R3
Okay ladies, I know this has nothing to do with greek material, but I was wondering have any of you tried online dating. How long do you feel you should wait before meeting face to face?
Thats funny because one of my LS met a guy on the internet and ended up getting engaged. I mean you have to be careful and inform your friends. But i learn that there is an equal amount of crazy people at the clubs, bars and other hang outs as well as the internet. Whew trust me i know. LOL