GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,150
1 members and 1,149 guests
JayhawkAOII

Old 06-29-2004, 09:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Now that we're back from Palm Springs....

Anyone have any good stories to share with our sisters who couldn't make it???

I just have to tell everyone how much I love that we now offer a 10-year member pin. It looks so classy!

I was also very surprised to find out that there were five other women in attendence from my itty-bitty po-dunk alma mater. Well, I take that back, my alma mater is by no means po-dunk but in times past our alumnae have not stayed active with the fraternity. So happy to see that change and we took plenty of photos which we'll be sending to our campus alumni magazine.

I also did not know that one of our senior members in attendance at convention was the original author of one of our key chapter operations documents. You just never know what you'll find out when you speak with those older alumnae!
Old 06-29-2004, 09:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I did not get to attend convention , but I did hear that my techaphi.com website won an award.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh, that's RIGHT, it DID win! In fact when they flashed a screen shot of it, I knew instantly who was behind the work.

Congratulations!
Old 06-30-2004, 01:30 PM
GreekChat Member

There's a new pin for 10 year members? Wow, I'm half way there! I can't wait!

Who else won awards? I've been crossing my fingers for the RI alum chapter, they won 4 or 5 last convention.

Congrats TechAPhi!!!
Old 06-30-2004, 01:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Wow, a 10 year pin!

Anyone have a picture???
Old 06-30-2004, 01:42 PM
cutiepatootie

hey CA in CA next time DISNEY WORLD!
Old 06-30-2004, 01:50 PM
GreekChat Member

I am surprised that APhiGal isn't here bragging yet but the RI Alumnae Chapter did win awards this convention too. They do such a great job!

Great stories... One of my favorite moments was when Sally Grant won the Ivy Vine Award. The Ivy Vine Award is for ongoing service, dedication and commitment to Alpha Phi. It has only been given out about six times in the history of Alpha Phi and all but one of the living members was at Convention when Sally received the award. To make it even more special, her daughter, Jennifer (Alpha Lambda), surprised her and sang for her. It was beautiful.

Other favorite moments of Convention: Ruth Wright (40s graduate of Sigma Chapter) saying that a chapter "Rocks" during collegiate awards; buying my 10 year pin (I don't have a pic yet, sorry); meeting fun people like a CA in CA & sistermadley; and getting to hang out with Aphigal and her little guy, even if it was only for a few moments under less than desirable circumstances.

Now it's time to get back to the grindstone and do some paid work.

LD

ETA: And I paid my Alumnae dues for 2004-2005.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ladyj39
I had a BLAST at my first convention! It was so hot, but the resort was beautiful. My favorite part of the weekend was the Trade Show for Rush U (lots of great ideas!) and the Wear Red Gala. Everyone looked stunning and it was so much fun singing with all of my sisters.

I got to meet Sistermadly (C- PM me with your address and I'll send you all the fun Rush U. handouts and contact info) and gogoaphi! In addition, I met so many wonderful sisters from all across the US, and I sat with the 69 year member on Friday night and sang along to "Slap, Bang" with her.

I must admit that I was a little worried about the food, but it was delicious! I even liked the veggie sandwich!

Can anyone PM me with the photographer's website? I think I accidentally threw away my paper.

Convention just reminded me again how proud I am to be an Alpha Phi.

Eta Theta (SFSU) Delegates at the Wear Read Gala (I'm in the black and white dress)

AOE,
Jessica

Last edited by ladyj39; 06-30-2004 at 03:00 PM.
Old 06-30-2004, 05:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Jessica,

I remember seeing you at Candlelight and loving your dress, but I didn't know it was you!

C, you can also get the Rush U handouts from Megan Bouche.

Last edited by bruinaphi; 07-19-2004 at 07:30 PM.
Old 06-30-2004, 06:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Jessica, how is it that you sat right behind me at Candlelight and we didn't even say HI to each other the entire weekend??!!!! Good grief

Laura....Rhody Phi's won alumnae awards for both recruitment and collegiate interaction!

Alumnae Awards Luncheon was sooooo much fun, especially with our 69 and 71 year members in the audience!
Old 06-30-2004, 06:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Woohoo!!! Go Rhody! I was the first Collegiate Liaison for them. The chapter had just started when I graduated, and since they had an exec board already, I searched other alum chapter's websites to see what positions were missing, and I somehow talked Kim Norton-O'Brien into letting me make the position. They are such a great chapter, I really miss then.

Was there a lot of new stuff at Rush U this year?
Old 06-30-2004, 07:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Drinking shots of Haterade

Man, I hope y'all had fun for me! I told my husband that I WILL be going to the next Convention or there will be HELL to pay! Esp since it is in the state where I was born!

Great pix there LadyJ, is that Courtney (poohbr33), second from left!

I wanna hear more stories

AOE
Jealous drinking shots of spiked Haterade Jill
Old 06-30-2004, 07:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ladyj39
The weekend was such a blur! I wanted to try and meet as many GCers as possible, but I was in Rush U all weekend. I tried to talk to Sistermadly, but I didn't really get to sit down and talk to her until the last day. I was in sessions with gogoaphi, but didn't know it was her until I saw her at the airport going home!

CA- At first I didn't recognize you because I think you've done something different with your hair since Regionals. (Is it straighter?) Plus, you were always busy! You're a VERY popular gal!

Jill- That is Courtney in the picture! She was cracking me up all weekend. You should all be so proud of her for waking up each morning at 5am to workout before breakfast! The other gals in the pic are our Chapter President in red and our VPCO. I'm just excited that our chapter finally has the money to be able to send more that one person!

bruinaphi- Thanks for the compliment! I love the dress too and the best part is that I found it the night before I left for Convention and it was on sale! I'm already planning on wearing it again to a wedding! I would have said hello, but I didn't know who you were!

Last edited by ladyj39; 06-30-2004 at 08:00 PM.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Don't worry about it Jessica, I didn't know who you were either. I taught at Rush U on Friday night, Saturday afternoon and on Sunday morning.
I was also the toastmistress of the collegiate awards dinner and one of the two MC's of the awards show.

Last edited by bruinaphi; 07-19-2004 at 08:26 PM.
Old 06-30-2004, 10:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sistermadly
LD had the *cutest* dress at the Collegiate Awards! I was in total envy mode.

I wish I'd had more time to spend with ladyj39 and poohbr33, but my roommate and I clicked so well that I ended up spending most of convention hanging out with her. We stayed up every night until nearly 3:00 in the morning talking. I never had an A Phi collegiate experience, but rooming with L. was awful close!

I had a lot of favorite moments, but my absolute favorite moment was the story that Phyllis Selig told about her robe. I was all choked up -- that should be recorded for posterity and distributed for pref!

Another was meeting the chapter president of the chapter at Appalachian State U - she actually brought a separate suitcase just for her PURSES. Talk about your true Diva!

And yet another favorite moment - the courtesy resolutions, and the A-L-P-H-A P-H-I cheer.

And finally, when A CA in CA told us that representatives from Canadian chapters would have to stand up and sing 'O Canada' before Convention Assembled... and neither me nor my VPPD are Canadian. We fell out laughing so hard! She had to learn the words the night before!

It was a lot of hard work, but I have to say that the entire time I was there I truly felt as if I was among sisters. I'm so glad I chose Alpha Phi, and I'm doubly glad that Alpha Phi chose ME!

*goes off bobbing her head to the USC Cheer*