GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,215
2 members and 2,213 guests
Sen's Revenge

Old 01-01-2004, 11:31 PM
GreekChat Member

sisters not being a sister: my story

Ok so its been a semester now and i'm ready to share my story. The past 3 years have been a struggle for me. The only thing i had going for me was my sorority. My girls were my support, my life my energy my everything. We are local and we were/ are building so rapidly its awesome. we are so close to affiliating with a national and it was great to be apart of that history.

In the mean time school was tearing me aprat. All my life I have been the "not the school" type but knew it was something i had to get through. I struggled a lot the first 2 years of college, screwed up so bad that i had to nothing less then a 4.0 for the the rest of my college life to raise my GPA. Finally this past summer I was thinking about taking a semester off. And when I recieved a letter saying that i had been disqualified form school I took it as a big sign to chill and relax. It actually relieved me and felt like everything was lifted off my shoulders. Little did i know the worst was yet to come.

Ok so this past year of school i lived with 2 of my sisters. one being the president. They were 2 of my best friends. I knew everything about them and they knew everything about me. we were there for eachother through thick and thin and believe me we went through some rough times ie. breakups, sorority issues and personal problems. Well when i had told my one roommate Ms. Pres (we'll call her that) but she was to busy to listen to me. So i really didnt go into details and left it at that. I returned home ( i lived at home for the summer) thinking everything was alright.
Later that week she had called basically demanding me that the 3 of us needed to talk all together. Because i wasnt able to talk about in person she took the ball and ran with it. I then found out through another friend that they were thinking about moving out. I called Ms. Pres to ask what was going on and her reasoning was that since i wasnt in school mode it would be to big of a change. They were very unsuopportive of my situation. My plans were to live in my house ( my dad was the lanlord) and work and take a class at the JC so i wouldnt fall out of the so called school mode. In the meantime my other roommate told me she wasnt going anywhere and she wasnt moving. So i thought things were cool and they realized that roommates didnt have to do everything together.

The week before school started my dad recieved a letter saying that the girls were moving out. They didnt even tell me. When my dad told me this i made a decision to move back home and get my life back on track. I felt very betrayed by my so called sisters. I thought that we were suposed to be there for eachother not leave someone beacuse of school. I thought of the times that my roommates went through thier rough times and i remember how i was there for them %115. I didnt turn my back on them for a minute. I knew in some peoples eyes moving back home would be considered running away from everything but i knew in my heart it was the best thing. I go visit and i see that all the other girls are still my support. they understand that i had to do this and they welcome me anytime i see them with open arms. I have seen who my true friends are and i now see that everything happens for a reason. I am much happier at home, i'm getting good grades and i'm transfering to a new State school in that fall.

So this is my story. Its been a rough semster for me but Now its 2004 and i'm looking forward to a new year. Sorry that is was a lil long.
Old 01-06-2004, 03:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Sounds like an awful thing to go through! I know what it is like to have your friends turn their backs on you. I have had experiences with my friends turning their backs on me, but I have never experienced this with my sisters (knock on wood), but I would be devastated if I did.

I hope things improve for you and that you have found people that you can lean on always for support and love.

You have a new supporter in me if you need it ever! Us Britney fans stick together!

Love,
Sunny
Old 01-06-2004, 04:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlphaPhiBubbles
Best of luck to you, I'm sorry that had to happen.

I will say, however, even though what those girls did was messed up by keeping something from you...just because people are "sisters" doesn't make them good roomates or best friends. Now I don't know any of you so don't take me too seriously, but I moved in with 2 of my sisters and it didn't work out at all...I love one of my old roomies to death but we could never live together again. So that's my take.
Old 01-06-2004, 04:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Yeah, I've been in situations similar to that. Roomate situations
just go that way sometimes. When you live in a Frat/Sorority house
and your Bros/Sisters are also your roomates, that's one situation.
When you share off-campus housing with a few of your Bros/Sisters
that's something different. It works for as long as it works and
people have the right to change their minds about where they want to
live and who they want to live with.

I wish you the best of luck with your situation.
Old 01-06-2004, 03:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Thats the thing that sadens me the most is that i thought they were my friends...not just roomates. We did live very well together, sure we had our problems sometimes but come on we're girls, but i would have to say living with them was really good, until this. And you know i have learned a lesson.

Thanks for the support. I will keep everyone updated.
Old 01-08-2004, 07:22 PM
GreekChat Member

I think its terrible with what you have gone through! I too screwed up my first few semesters and when I was suspended from school my sisters have done nothing but stand beside me. My big sis especially, she helped me go alum since I knew I couldn't afford to return to UK & I could only afford to go to the community college. And I still stay active with them. They have been absolutely fantastic even though I feel like I failed them. I'm so sorry that your sisters don't know the true meaning of sisterhood!
Old 01-08-2004, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

how terribly sad...now you have to put your soul into moving forward.
good luck and all the best to you.