GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,292
2 members and 1,290 guests
JayhawkAOII

Old 10-02-2013, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Is it weird that I would love a girl to say "screw this, as much as I would love to be a DCC my health (i.e. not starving myself) is more important!" and quit?

It's kind of sad how desperate some of these women are to make the team. You shouldn't have to compromise anything about yourself to be on a dance squad (because the reality is they aren't cheerleaders, their dancers).

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 10-02-2013, 11:24 PM

At the same time, you have to consider the competition and the standard. Ex: If we're speaking of the average woman, a 4 or 6 is teeny. But when you're a muscular 6 standing between two very slim 2s, you look "big" (relatively speaking.) Then you put that 6 in HD between two 2s (when HD adds like 10 lbs) and she is now like, an 8.

Also, the standard changes every season too. Ex: Kalli (Kali?) made the cut just fine last season, likely because she was more size comparable with other women. This season, a lot of women seem slimmer/taller. She stood out in a bad way. Same with short Broadway girl who got cut. In another season, her height may not have been as noticeable.

I think you're right though, in that you need to be aware of that and decide if they're willing to be subjected to that standard. Miss Size 8 in HD is not going to be a 2 by the end of camp. And realistically, if she gets anywhere close, it's going to be all water and she'll gain it right back once she starts actually eating food again...

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 10-02-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUADPi View Post
It's kind of sad how desperate some of these women are to make the team. You shouldn't have to compromise anything about yourself to be on a dance squad (because the reality is they aren't cheerleaders, their dancers).
For many, it's not about the dancing or the football (and it's certainly not about the pay - it's dismal!) - it's about what wearing that uniform can do for you. Living here, there is no denying that it opens doors. My friends that have been DCCs have said it's like having a secret key that gets you into all sorts of situations and circles you might never have access to otherwise. We used to have a couple of them rotating through in internships at my old firm (the hard-core traveling team veterans) and they seemed to always be doing DCC stuff (appearances, tours, practices, outside workouts, personal maintenance) that prevented a full-time job. But they always also seemed to have a lot of people willing to give them things or pay their way so it seemed to work out okay!
Old 10-03-2013, 12:40 PM
GreekChat Member

I was going to say it really is all about the uniform and how you look in it...I have forgotten to watch it after the auditions episode, so I can't say for sure but were the commenting on Vivian's body type after she had her initial uniform fitting? (televised of course)? Because if you are bottom heavy and the uniform can not be altered in a way to make it look good on her and in addition to making look like the other uniforms.....then she will be cut no matter how good of a dancer she is....

The edit button has become my new best friend
Old 10-04-2013, 12:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUADPi View Post
(because the reality is they aren't cheerleaders, their dancers).
Amen!!!
Old 10-04-2013, 01:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I have always loved this show. I just wanted to add that Kathryn Dunn is a Kappa from Baylor.
-GKC
Old 10-04-2013, 05:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool. I've always liked Kathryn Dunn.

Tonight tonight Spoiler alert... If you don't want to know don't look down!

Chelsea gets canned at some point and there is a TON of speculation as to what happens! That girl bugged me and I'm looking forward to seeing exactly what transpired with her...
Old 10-05-2013, 03:16 PM

Not to backtrack, but going back to final auditions/solos, I was really surprised to see how many VETERANS didn't make the cut, Collin in particular. Isn't she fairly new to the team (like just made it in 2011-2012?)

Lakers Nation.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I did not like Emily's look. I wasn't upset to see her cut. They kept saying how pretty she was, but I felt like her eyes were always bugging out. They looked too big for her face. Just my opinion.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
Not to backtrack, but going back to final auditions/solos, I was really surprised to see how many VETERANS didn't make the cut, Collin in particular. Isn't she fairly new to the team (like just made it in 2011-2012?)
Yes! Was surprised as well, they keep saying that this "was a very competitive year" but trading someone you know has the skills for someone you hope has slightly better skills seems like a huge risk.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Although some of the vets totally SUCKED at their interviews and since public appearances are HUGE with DCC I can see why they were cut.

Plus, come on if you are a vet you know how the process works, you know that you need to ROCK your solo and by the scenes they showed, some of the vets solos weren't good at all. It's like they assumed "I'm a vet, I'm going to make it". If that was the case you wouldn't be auditioning again.

As for Chelsea by the looks of the preview I think she was caught doing some serious underage drinking. (Kelli was asking about her drinking and if she is underage I can't see Kelli and Judy condoning that).

I was happy though that they gave the vet who hurt her foot in practice (whatever her name is) another chance.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I could go either way on the Chelsea situation. To me, she was skating on thin ice from the beginning- she isn't the strongest dancer. Then her outburst- I think she sealed her fate then and there. It was only a matter of time.

I feel bad for them, because with the exception of Danielle (who is only a LITTLE BIT soft) the rest of them- WTH?! They are solid! I can understand being mad- but, at the same time- you are still at work, and at work you can't really act that way (especially if a camera crew follows you around while AT work...)

I love Danielle, I hope she gets it together.

I like Morgan, but it's becoming clear she is being treated preferentially. She has some sort of connection to Kitty Carter. Anyone else would have already been cut. So that is starting to bug me.

I can understand about Vivian, but don't tell the girl to come back next year- she isn't going to grow or lose muscle!
Old 10-24-2013, 05:36 AM
GreekChat Member

I think Danielle is "soft" (crazy calling someone think perfectly shaped soft btw) because of her injury. She wasn't able to fully train for a while.

Agree on the Vivian comments, it's not like she'll suddenly change her body type, she is stocky and muscular, and that's not going to change. Too bad, I really liked her a lot, and the audience chose her, so they like her build!

Chelsea wasn't really a good dancer this year, and her attitude is very poor. Whining will get you nowhere.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:24 PM

The thing is, as veteran, you KNOW what's expected of you (the contract.)

I think that there is a level of complacency in being a veteran (like, "oh hey, we're vets so we can relax our fitness standards a little.") Eight pounds is a lot to gain for like, 10 months (unless you're Danielle, who has been injured and not able to work out.)

That, and while their weight is fine in comparison to most of the real world, next to MUCH smaller rookies, 8 pounds is noticeable.

Also, I think K + J were trying to generally make an example of them to deal with an overarching veteran laziness issue (which they have been seeing since solos.)

LOL at Katelyn looking like an Oompa Loompa after being told not to tan. Dumb.

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 10-26-2013 at 07:29 PM.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *winter* View Post

I like Morgan, but it's becoming clear she is being treated preferentially. She has some sort of connection to Kitty Carter. Anyone else would have already been cut. So that is starting to bug me.
!
For some reason last weeks episode didn't air on CMT (at least here in TN), but I caught last nights when they announced the team and I'm beyond SHOCKED that they allowed Morgan to join the team! The girl has had NOTHING but memory problems the entire time! She definitely received preferential treatment!

Kelli Finglass may be my sorority sister but I wouldn't want her to keep me on the team because I'm an ADPi. I'd want to be kept on the team because I'm good not by default. I use this example because I believe Morgan was kept by default.