GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,165
1 members and 1,164 guests
Low D Flat

Old 08-14-2017, 08:50 PM
GreekChat Member

The Office

Hey everyone! Im new to the site but have read some recruitment stories and I thought I would share mine! I am rushing at a large SEC School this week. I am from a midwestern state, I have gotten recs for most of the houses, and I have a 4.4 GPA. I will be using characters from The Office for houses. In no particular order, they are:
Jim
Pam
Dwight
Michael
Oscar
Angela
Kevin
Meredith
Creed
Phyllis
Stanley
Darryl
Toby
Holly
Jan
Karen

The first round, Open House round started with 9 parties on the first day.
Jim- This was my first house and I was super nervous. I had no idea what to expect. I talked to 4 different girls, but all of them seemed pretty uninterested in what I was saying. I had 2 recs for this house.
Pam- This house was my absolute favorite. I talked to a girl from the same city as me, as well as 2 others. They all seemed realy genuine. A 4th girl dropped by and told me she had heard a lot about me and was happy to meet me. I also had 2 recs for this house.
Dwight- I had an okay experience at this house. The girl talked to was very sweet, and I met her big as well. I had 2 recs for this house.
Michael- I loved this house. I talked to 3 different girls and again a 4th came up and said she'd heard good things about me. I felt very comfortable at this house. I also had 2 recs.
Oscar- I went in expecting to love this house, but it fell flat a little. I didn't relally click with the girl I talked to and I was a little disappointed. I had one rec here.
Angela- This house was an average experience. I talked to another girl from my city the whole time, and she was very sweet but the conversation still felt somewhat awkward. I had 2 recs for this house.
Kevin- This house was okay. I talked to a girl with my same major, and she was very nice. The conversation was a little uncomfortable, but not too bad. I had 2 recs here.
Meredith- I did not enjoy my time in this house. The girl I talked to made no eye contact the whole time I was there and seemed very uninterested. I had 1 rec.
Creed- This house was a little above average. The girl I talked to was very nice and seemed interested and engaged. I had 2 recs here.
I will post Day 2 soon!!
Old 08-14-2017, 08:59 PM
GreekChat Member

For Day 2 of Open House I visited the remaining 7 houses.
Phyllis- I went in expecting to love this house. I am a legacy to this house. The girl I talked to though was very talkative and I don't think I got more than 5 words in. I had 2 recs for this house.
Stanley- I went in expecting not to like this house but I was very pleasantly surprised. All the girls I met were so nice and welcoming!! I felt so comfortable here. Unfortunately, I could not find a rec for this house.
Darryl- Again, went in thinking I would not like this house and it ended up being one of my absolute favorites!! The girl I talked to had so much in common with me and I felt at home. I had 2 refs here.
Toby- I really enjoyed this house. The girls were very sweet and I met a lot of different girls, all of whom were welcoming and kind. I had 1 rec.
Holly- I went in hearing bad things about this house but I really enjoyed it!! I met 3 girls and they were all very bright and sweet. I had 1 rec.
Jan- This house was a little above average. I talked to one really great girl, and one who seemed a little bored with me. I had 1 rec here.
Karen- This was my last house and I LOVED it!! The girls were so real and I could totally be myself there! I also had 2 recs!!
I hope this is good so far! It's my first post so forgive me if it's not!! I will post cuts and philanthropy day one soon'
Old 08-14-2017, 09:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 08-14-2017, 11:14 PM
GreekChat Member

So after Open House Round I ranked the houses as following:
Pam
Michael
Darryl
Stanley
Karen
Toby
Dwight
Holly
Jan
Oscar
Angela
Kevin
Phyllis
Creed
Jim
Meredith

After voting, I got 9 houses back for philanthropy. They were:
Darryl
Karen
Toby
Jan
Angela
Kevin
Phyllis
Creed
Jim

I went to 3 houses today, and will have 6 more tomorrow. Today I visited Kevin, Phyllis, and Creed.
Kevin- This house came across as pretty average the first round, but this round they really impressed me! I talked to a different girl who had my same major, and we really connected over that. I also loved their philanthropy and I could tell they did too.
Phyllis- I was honestly surprised I got invited back to this house but I feel it is likely due to my legacy status. I enjoyed their house a lot more this round than I did the first round. The girls I talked to definitely talked a lot about parties, swaps, etc, though and that made me feel a little weird since we were supposed to be taking about philanthropy. Overall, I enjoyed this house.
Creed- I liked this house the first round but felt it was pretty average. This round, however, I did not enjoy as much. I talked to a different girl who was very hard to have a conversation with and there were a lot of times I could tell she had completely run out of thing to say. I had to keep most of the conversation going.
I will try to update tomorrow with the rest of philanthropy and new ranks!!
Old 08-14-2017, 11:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I think that sisterhood round is where you really start finding your right "fit". Enjoy the rest of Philanthropy round and meet as many people as you can!

Great attitude! Keep the story coming!
Old 08-15-2017, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator

Love your theme! Good luck today.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Best of luck, and I hope you love the "guy" you pledge!
Old 08-15-2017, 02:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck AlabamaFrosh and please keep us posted!
Old 08-15-2017, 04:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for sharing your story with us! Can't wait to see the next episode!

Last edited by Sciencewoman; 08-15-2017 at 09:14 PM.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck! Rooting for you to find your...cubicle?
Old 08-16-2017, 12:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey everyone!! Thank you so much for the well wishes! Today I visited my remaining 6 houses for Philanthropy Round.

Toby- I heard some girls in my group saying some not nice things about this house but I really actually enjoyed it!! I liked it first round and my second experience was consistent with my first!
Jim- I had ranked this house second to last after Open House Round, so I didn't have super high expectations. I liked the girls I talked to a little better, but aside from their philanthropy chair giving her presentation, the girls didn't talk to me at all about philanthropy, which I was disappointed in.
Jan- I really enjoyed this house today!! I had great conversations with 2 different girls about service work that I do at home which is very close to my heart! These girls were super sweet!!
Angela- This house was pretty average. The girls I talked to were very outgoing and relatively easy to talk to but they didn't exactly stand out to me.
Darryl- This house was a little above average. I really liked them after Open House, but I didn't like them quite as much this round. I didn't exactly feel that they had a genuine passion for their philanthropy, which is important to me.
Karen- This was my absolute favorite house this round!! I felt absolutely at home here and I was super comfortable talking to the girl I matched with! We had a really meaningful conversation and I could tell she was genuinely passionate about her house's philanthropy. I really connected at this house and felt totally free to be myself.
I ranked the houses at voting as:
Karen
Jan
Toby
Darryl
Kevin
Angela
Phyllis
Jim
Creed
Thank you all for the support and I will update tomorrow if I can!
Old 08-16-2017, 08:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Loving this story!!!
Old 08-17-2017, 12:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey everyone!! So after philanthropy round, I received invitations back to 6 houses for sisterhood. They are:
Karen
Toby
Darryl
Kevin
Phyllis
Creed
Today I visited 4 houses of the 6.
Kevin- I enjoyed visiting this house today. The girls definitely have a genuine sisterhood and they are all super sweet!! I like this house more each time I visit!!
Creed- I have not really enjoyed this house in the previous rounds, but today was a little better. The girl I talked to was very outgoing and sweet, but I didn't feel like their sisterhood was quite as genuine as others.
Karen- I was super excited to return to this house because it was my absolute favorite after philanthropy. Unfortunately, I didn't quite connect with the girl I talked to. She seemed a little disinterested and I did not feel our conversation went well. I was very upset after I left and was feeling a little lost.
Toby- I arrived at this party still a big disappointed about Karen. When I walked in, however, my mood instantly brightened. I could tell how happy the girls were to see me there and they had such a cute theme set up. I takes to 3 different girls and really bonded with each of them. This was my favorite house of the day!!
I will try to finish the other two sisterhood houses tomorrow!!
Old 08-17-2017, 06:09 AM
Super Moderator

Remember everyone isn't a "knock you off your feet with personality" rusher. There are quiet, reserved girls in every sorority. There are ones who HATE recruitment. Then too, your rusher might not have been feeling well. Maybe she had an argument with a loved one, roommate, or friend. Try your best to not let one member out of many cloud your judgement.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:54 PM

Also, some philanthropies are easier to feel passionate about than others, in my opinion. They're all worthy causes, but some pull at the heart strings more than others.