GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,686
2 members and 2,684 guests
aamanthalittle3, PGD-GRAD

Old 01-09-2007, 05:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to USCTKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by The1calledTKE View Post

Troy Smith was running around like a chicken with his head cut off last night.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-09-2007, 07:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinerbock View Post
About Saban, I think its a good hire for Bama, I guess. I mean I think he's a good coach, I also think he's an idiot for going there. UA is just an entirely different world where logic and reason flies out the window. I think he'll improve UA, but I'm not concerned. I think things will even out between UA and AU a bit more, but Tuberville has a winning record against Saban, so I'm not expecting Bama to retake the state. They'll probably get an edge instate on recruiting, but thats really not too big a deal, as Auburn recruits FL and GA as much as they do Alabama. I don't think Saban will be there long term, especially when he gets into the job a bit more. Jimbo turned down what would have been the largest coordinator contract ever to go to FSU, and rumor is that Saban is a little frustrated at not having his pick of assistants like he thought he would. Apparently everyone else already knew what he's finding out now.
I agree. With $aban's 2-3 record against Tubberville and his questionable credibility... that can only help out Auburn. I do not believe $aban will be able to hurt LSU with in-state (Louisiana) recruiting because his creditability is shot. No way he will be able to have his "pick of the litter" in Alabama like he had here. He's a great college coach, no doubt, but LSU had all the pieces, he just had to put them together. I'm not convinced that it will be as easy for him to do that at Bama.
I don't keep up with alabama recruiting, but I would assume that most guys either grow up an Auburn fan or a Bama fan. I really don't think either school has to do a lot of convincing and you probably couldn't sway their opinion the other way, anyhow. Is that correct?

I can't freaking wait for the Bama game. I went to Tus, Alabama in 2005 when we played them last there (and won in OT ) It was a great trip, I really enjoyed the Bama fans. I can't wait to see what it will be like now!
Go Gators!
Old 01-09-2007, 08:25 PM
GreekChat Member

You're right, there usually is some preference. Sometimes they still go other places, but its hard to be neutral in AL. The thing about alabama recruiting is that usually Auburn is not gonna steal a kid from Bama. If a kid really wants to go there, he'll go. I don't think Saban will be able to overcome LSU's pull on instate kids, although I'm sure it'll be better than what they've had lately. It'll be interesting to see if Saban is satisfied with just getting a lot of the in state talent, or if he'll get more into FL and GA recruiting like Tuberville has. I'm sure UA will improve over the next couple of years, but I think Bama is gonna pay for it on the back end. I don't see this as a move which brings Bama back to its stature of previous decades.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:09 PM

One of the play-by-play guys we use in our Mountain West Network is James Bates, who was a line backer on the last Florida team to win a national championship (I think he was one of the captains).

Great guy.

He was on top of the world today and happy to show all of us his championship ring.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCTKE View Post
Troy Smith was running around like a chicken with his head cut off last night.
Smith made Jason White in the USC-OU debacle (at least that's what it was on my end of things) back in '05 look like a future NFL Hall of Famer by comparison.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 01-10-2007, 08:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinerbock View Post
It'll be interesting to see if Saban is satisfied with just getting a lot of the in state talent, or if he'll get more into FL and GA recruiting like Tuberville has. I'm sure UA will improve over the next couple of years, but I think Bama is gonna pay for it on the back end. I don't see this as a move which brings Bama back to its stature of previous decades.
I agree. I'm afraid a lot of Bama fans are seeing Saban as a savior. They are paying their coaches so much $$$, I wonder if their players are having to take a pay cut.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Yup, less marijuana...i mean, spending money, for Tide players.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:38 PM
GreekChat Member

I found the Ohio State team appeared kinda big and clumsy. Too corn-fed, perhaps.
Old 01-11-2007, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltAlum View Post
One of the play-by-play guys we use in our Mountain West Network is James Bates, who was a line backer on the last Florida team to win a national championship (I think he was one of the captains).

Great guy.

He was on top of the world today and happy to show all of us his championship ring.
Quoting myself instead of explaining again...

In another development, James' dad Jim was just named Defensive Coordinator and Assistant Head Coach of The Denver Broncos.

Guess football runs in the family.
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:22 PM
GreekChat Member

I still hate Boise State...even more so because even north Idaho people are on the bandwagon, and that's sad.

They are put 40 million dollars into Bronco Stadium for skyboxes, ridiculous.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECdomination View Post
Just reminiscing. What an amazing season.
But old news.

Spring football is starting now.