GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,283
3 members and 2,280 guests
Cookiez17, Pinkmagnolia921

Old 03-13-2003, 08:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Chapter House

Some schools may not have a house. For those of you who do, who has the biggest chapter house (fraternity and sorority)? Not total members, but size of the "mansion". I have a thing for chapter houses.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-13-2003, 08:33 PM
GreekChat Member

At SDSU, all the houses on Frat Row are the same size, so I'd have to say either SAE or Sigma Chi. The smallest would belong to DU.

Sorority wise, I'd say Alpha Phi or Gamma Phi Beta. The smallest would be ADPi.
Old 03-13-2003, 08:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DeltaSigStan
At SDSU, all the houses on Frat Row are the same size, so I'd have to say either SAE or Sigma Chi. The smallest would belong to DU.

Sorority wise, I'd say Alpha Phi or Gamma Phi Beta. The smallest would be ADPi.
sae has the best house...big, looks cool, nice back yard, and lots of parking
Old 03-13-2003, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

I think the ATO house is the biggest... As far as nicest girls always say ours is the cleanest.. so there ya go
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 03-13-2003, 09:15 PM

At The University of Arizona Sigma Kappa had the largest house until Chi Omega built their new house. So Chi Omega takes the cake.
Old 03-13-2003, 09:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I'd have to say the Gamma Phi house sorority wise because it was just built like 1 or 2 years ago. Fraternity wise, definitely the SigEp house. It's enormous and used to house university faculty before it became the SigEp house.
Old 03-13-2003, 11:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to douthit Send a message via Yahoo to douthit
At Montana State University, the fraternity with the largest house was SAE (the Story Mansion) until it was condemned. The property it is on is an entire city block, with a beach volleyball pit. It would have been sweet to live there during the fraternity's hey-day! So right now, the biggest liveable house is the Sigma Chi house across the street from the old SAE house, it is three stories, and none of the other houses on campus are close.

For the sororities, the largest size wise house belongs to Pi Beta Phi.
Old 03-14-2003, 12:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Best House

At UT-Austin , the Sig Ep's have a mansion but for most imposing house i'd have to say the Fiji's the house is about 100 years old, it is a national landmark , the house has it's own name "Buen Retiro", probably mispelled the name, and the house honest to god looks like a Lousiana style Plantation Mansion. The parking is underground. Oh the Fiji's also have a lake house on Lake Travis
Old 03-14-2003, 12:17 AM
GreekChat Member

At Nebraska...

I'd have to say that either FIJI or Delt have the biggest house. I know that Delt has the biggest capacity at 88 members.

For the Sororities, Kappa Delta is pretty big but so is Theta through additions. So I'm not really sure.
Old 03-14-2003, 12:36 AM

For sororities, I'd say it's ZTA and KD.

I'd say the biggest fraternity houses are Sigma Chi and ATO (maybe Pike's and Sig Ep's.)
Old 03-14-2003, 12:47 AM
GreekChat Member

From what I've heard, the Phi Mu (formerly the Alpha Phi) house here is one of the largest sorority houses in the country. (I don't know how big it is square-footage wise, but it's definitely huge!)
Old 03-14-2003, 02:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The_Nash
House

We have probably the biggest house on campus. It's a 14,000 square foot house. It has 30 rooms, a pool, hot tub, basketball court, big chapter room, big screen tv room and a huge kitchen. Its
Old 03-14-2003, 03:49 AM
GreekChat Member

By pure square footage, Phi Psi and TKE are similar, and they both have the same number of residents. But I think Phi Psi has more accessible space. TKE has a large portion of their basement closed off for storage/chapter room. Phi Psi has a bit closed off too, but I think it might be a little less. I heard their chapter room is smaller than TKE's. But apparently TKE just refurbished a new room for chapter and made their old one an open study...so i guess the point is they are very close. Sig Chi, AST and Theta Pi Gamma, have less space.
Old 03-14-2003, 08:31 AM

Fraternity: Probably ZBT. Large (and really nice) house, plus an annex down the street. The down side is that the house is really far from campus - you need a car.

Sorority: Alpha Phi. APhi was the first sorority to get a house, and it's big - 67 beds. AXO's and Sigma Kappa's houses hold about 25 each; Theta has a suite in a dorm; and AEPhi is unhoused.
Old 03-14-2003, 09:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to astroAPhi
Pikes have the biggest house here... you can see it on their website here. From what I hear it's an old plantation house or something.

And then Alpha Phi has the only sorority house on campus. You can find it on our site here. Ours is just a little 4-bedroom house near campus.

Hopefully the university will be providing housing for us... it's in the works according to our new campus President (who is Greek).

TKE Omicron Nu Chapter Sweetheart 2003