GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,230
2 members and 1,228 guests
indygphib

Old 04-22-2003, 12:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mu_agd
I just read that Stefan Cassadine will reappear next month... I'm sensing a big Spencer-Cassadine feud just in time for May sweeps!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-22-2003, 04:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Quote:
Originally posted by White_Chocolate
what do you guys think of skye and jax?
Skye & Jax = yucky
Skye by herself = obnoxious; I can only stand her when she's along with Kristina (aka Princess Brat)

You know, when the character of Nikolas was recast, like three years ago, I was very upset/disappointed. But, I grew to like the second Nikolas. Now, I'm not glad to have Tyler Christoper back at all.
Old 04-22-2003, 05:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Quote:
Originally posted by ariesrising
Add me to the Tyler Christopher Swoon pile! =)

I heard that Nu-Emily is going to have cancer like her mom.
Emily has breast cancer like her mom and Monica.
Old 04-22-2003, 11:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Top 10 All Time GH Characters

OK-so all this talk has made me nostalgic...so now I have a question of the day (or QOTD if you will):

Name your All Time Top-10 GH characters (with actor name if ever recast):

(here's mine in no particular order...this list is subject to change if you guys remind me of someone I've forgotten)
Tracy Quartermaine
Robert Scorpio
Anna Devane (pre-AMC wussified shell of her old self married to psycho doctor back from the dead woman)
Edward Quartermaine (John Ingle)
Frisco Jones
Felicia Jones (pre-creepy affair w/Luke)
Mac Scorpio (back when he was a bad boy)
Lucky Spencer (Jonathan Jackson)
Jagger (yum!)
Jasper Jax
Casey the Alien (just kidding!!!)

Runners Up:
Reginald the Butler
Miguel-OK-not really a good actor, but serious eye candy.
Lois Quartermaine
Ned Ashton

p.s. of course I love Lila. That goes without saying.

p.p.s. What character would you like to see back, even if it means a recast??? I will get virtual veggies thrown at me for this, but I think Robin Scorpio needs to come back. Kimberly McCullough is not irreplacable!!!
Old 04-23-2003, 12:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Roseblum15
Re: Top 10 All Time GH Characters

p.p.s. What character would you like to see back, even if it means a recast??? I will get virtual veggies thrown at me for this, but I think Robin Scorpio needs to come back. Kimberly McCullough is not irreplacable!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

I totally agree. I would love to see Robin come back, I absolutely loved her. Though I did think that Kimberly McCullogh did a really good job with the character, they could totally replace her. They have recast all of the other "teen" actors why not recast her also.
Old 04-23-2003, 12:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Well, my real name (Tristan) was given to me because my mom had this MAD crush on Tristan Rogers, who played Robert Scorpio. So, I guess if I actually watched I'd want him to come back.

I go by Stan because Tristan is......not a guys' name.
Old 04-23-2003, 12:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Wow, great question. As I've said before I grew up watching GH so we're talking about maybe 14 years of history. I tried to remember all of the characters who have come and gone, so here's my list--

Terry-(I think this is her name, she used to live with Bobbie in the brown stone back in the day... they were best friends, I remember her being very pretty).

Frisco Jones-I loved when he, Felicia, Tony, and Bobbie all lived in the brown stone--they were all so happy!

Colt-He was Lucy's cousin. He was rather good looking and the last time I saw him he was on Aaron Spelling's failed night time soap, "Savannah."

Dominique-It all gets fuzzy after a while, but she was very pretty... and I think she was brought onto the show already blind or she lost her sight during the show. I forget, but she was good friends with Lucy and Katherine as I recall.

Sean Donnelly-I forget if Sean was his first name but his last name is defintely Donnelly. He was married to Tiffany. I just remember thinking he was such a charismatic guy... he had a sweet penthouse too.

The original, original Ned. I'm not sure how many times this character has changed... maybe the current one is only the second Ned. But I remember the first Ned-- he had a little fling with Monica in a barn (maybe?) before they found out that she was his aunt. He was adorable!

A.J.-I'm sure the one I'm referring to is most likely not the original, original A.J. The one I like is the same bully from Karate Kid 2. He's on another soap now, mabye the Bold and the Beautiful? I liked him because he's hot!

Jagger-Just because he's hot! I always thought he could do so much better than Karen!

Robert Scorpio-He was just great, loved him as the police chief!

Chloe-I think I liked her only because of all the trendy clothes she wore. She was a fashion designer so she was always dressed very well. And her hair was always done up really nice, so more than anything I liked watching her because of her clothes!

On a random note, I miss the days when they hung out at the Outback... good times!
Old 04-23-2003, 01:19 AM
GreekChat Member

For those oldsters out there who used to watch GH in the days of Luke and Laura... remember that infamously cheesy song that was overplayed on the radio: "General Hospi-tale"? Arrghh!

Me? Watch a soap opera?? November Foxtrot Whiskey! I just couldn't get into 'em. On the other hand, I do admit to watching some of the Spanish telenovelas (Venezuelan ones preferably, much better than the Mexican ones ). Hey, at least those were mega-mini-series -- they usually lasted no more than about six to nine months and had a beginning a halfway decent plot and an ending. (So long as it was getting ratings; otherwise if it started to tank, the expected six-month run got severely condensed.)

Yes, them Latina hotties were something, but one that got my attention was a blond-haired, blue-eyed leading actress who spoke absolutely perfect Spanish with a Venezuelan accent and switch instantly to absolutely flawless English (with traces of Main Line Philadelphia). Yep, she's 100% red-blooded American with the unlikely name in Latino soaps of... Sonya Smith.

Alpha Alpha (University of Oklahoma) Chapter, #814, 1984
Old 04-23-2003, 01:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MeLikey
Wow, great question. As I've said before I grew up watching GH so we're talking about maybe 14 years of history.
I got you beat...I've been watching since about 1985 - you were probably born around then, am I right???

Colt-He was Lucy's cousin. He was rather good looking and the last time I saw him he was on Aaron Spelling's failed night time soap, "Savannah."

I thought the actor on Savannah was the guy who played Paul Hornsby (father of Tracy Q's son Dylan). Colt was a cutie though...and come to think of it, they are similar looking. Colt married Felicia as a presumed dead Frisco watched from a bush.

Sean Donnelly-I forget if Sean was his first name but his last name is defintely Donnelly.
Totally forgot about Sean. They should bring him back (original actor, of course). Add him to my list. NO Tiffany, though. She flipped out toward the end, didn't she?

The original, original Ned. I'm not sure how many times this character has changed... maybe the current one is only the second Ned. But I remember the first Ned-- he had a little fling with Monica in a barn (maybe?) before they found out that she was his aunt. He was adorable!
Loved that storyline & that actor. I've grown to love Wally Kurth, though.

Chloe-I think I liked her only because of all the trendy clothes she wore.
I kind of liked Chloe too...and thought her little deal with Ned, that if neither of them had married within X years they would marry eachother, was cute...they had some chemistry. Too bad they had to kill her off.

On a random note, I miss the days when they hung out at the Outback... good times!
I totally agree with that...with Miguel as the bartender.

I'm very disturbed that I know this much about a soap opera. Must.Remove.Useless.Knowledge.From.Brain.

Last edited by dzandiloo; 04-23-2003 at 01:27 AM.
Old 04-23-2003, 02:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Because I have THAT much time on my hands...

Okay, so procrastinating is what I do best, and I found this website that has memorable GH quotes. Here are some good ones...

"...she's the human equivalent of fingernails on a chalkboard."-
Alexis (about Carly)

"What's up with the Wicked Witch of the Weird?"-Gia (about Helena)

"...where are your manners? You weren't raised in a barn, although you should have been."-Helena Cassadine (to Stefan)

"I didn't mean to lie to you... I just hadn't told you the truth yet."-
Carly

"I have the most annoying buzz in my ear. Is it a gnat? Oh...it's you."-Helena (to Alexis)

"Every single moment of our lives, whether born of joy or pain, has the potential for grace realized."-Mary Mae Ward

"When did forever end?"-Luke (to Laura about their marriage and divorce)

"A man walks into a restaurant to eat. A woman walks into a
restaurant to talk a lot."- Sonny to Alexis

"Were your parents by any chance drunk when they named you?"-Jax to V

"I'm rich! I don't have to be kind."-Monica Q to Rae

"Go to hell. Don't you own it?"-Tony Jones to Helena Cassidine

"I don't need to pay you for that abuse. I get it free from my
family."-A.J. Quartermaine

"I have lost faith in mankind, with an emphasis on "man."-Alexis

"This is a high crime area, and I plan on stealing someone's heart tonight."-Ned Ashton

"Love can be a serious mental disorder."-Dr. Tony Jones

"Being true to someone you love is like being true to yourself."-Elizabeth Webber

"Even the most artful schemer can be reformed by the love of a good man."-Lucy Coe

"Behind every great man is a ticked-off woman who hates him."- Ned

"Mommy doesn't want us anymore. She has a boyfriend."-Maxie Jones

"It's hard letting go of something you didn't know you were hoping for."-Jason to Carly

"When I dress for dinner it means I put on underwear."-Luke Spencer

"Trust is the main ingredient that holds people together when
life is pushing them apart."-Bobbie Spencer

"If I was in charge of how people talk, everybody would just shut up. "-Jason Morgan

"Are you going to go by airplane or are you just sticking to your broom?"-Monica to Heather Webber

"Living without you is like living without a part of myself."-Laura to Luke

"I suggest the fish - has lots of bones in it, hopefully you'll choke to death."-Monica to Susan Moore

"Where are you from, dear? I can see that English isn't your first language."-Tracy Q to Lois

"Yes, my children can be quite a handful. You better hope you don't run into one of them in a dark alley some night."-Monica

"All woman have crushes on their doctors, that's why we went to medical school."-Alan

"Isn't it comforting to know a man doesn't have to deserve you, in order for you to love him?"-Lila (to Edward)

"I refuse to learn a language that doesn't have a word for 'beer nut'."-Mac Scorpio

"I've married a bat!"-Jax

Okay, it's confirmed... I am the biggest procrastinator of all time.
Old 04-23-2003, 02:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey dzandiloo,

As soon as I read the Paul Hornsby mistake, I was like duh...

Actually I was born in 1981... my mom taped it every day and I'd watch it with her and my sister-- either the tape in the evening or the actual airing after school. Funny thing now is that my mom lost interest in the show a while ago, but I've still tried to keep up with it, though it's sometimes hard being in college.

Two scenes keep sticking out in my mind, you seem to really know your GH trivia...

One was when some family was taken hostage in their own home (maybe one of their names was Jenny maybe not), think the parents were GH doctors... that story line was crazy, I remember being freaked out as a kid because I couldn't believe they were hostages in their own home! Do you remember who the family was?

The other is a woman, maybe Bobbie, maybe kneeling at someone's grave... all I remember is that the the scene and the words the woman spoke were the saddest things ever... not sure if it was maybe her mother's grave or someone else's or if it was even Bobbie?
Old 04-23-2003, 07:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Top Ten GH Characters

Not necessarily in order:

1) Brenda Barrett
2) Lois Cerillo Quartermaine
3) Emily Bowen Quartermain (the original - Amber Tamblyn)
4) Jagger Cates
5) Stone Cates
6) AJ Quartermaine (both Sean Keanan & Billy Worlock)
7) Lucy Coe
8) Mac Scorpio
9) Felicia Jones (with Frisco & Mac...minus the last couple of years)
10) Ned Ashton

Now, who are your
Top Ten Most Hated GH Characters?

In no particular order:

1) Skye Quartermaine
2) Julia Barrett
3) Keesha Ward
4) Courtney Matthews
5) Justice Ward
6) Damien Smith
7) Lily Corinthos
8) Karen Wexler
9) Gia Campbell (the recast)
10) Scotty Baldwin (since he's turned into a psycho)
Old 04-23-2003, 09:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AlphaSigOU
On the other hand, I do admit to watching some of the Spanish telenovelas (Venezuelan ones preferably, much better than the Mexican ones ).
I actually love the telenovelas! My step-mom is Mexican, and she used to watch them every night...drove me crazy at first, but I got hooked (even though the only thing I could really understand was "Soy Embarasada!" and "Ay, Dios Mio!" & "Mentirosa!!!"). I really do like the fact that they all have endings...but I used to get depressed when they ended, so I guess its good that regular soaps don't.

Quote:
Originally posted by MeLikey
One was when some family was taken hostage in their own home (maybe one of their names was Jenny maybe not), think the parents were GH doctors... that story line was crazy, I remember being freaked out as a kid because I couldn't believe they were hostages in their own home! Do you remember who the family was?

The other is a woman, maybe Bobbie, maybe kneeling at someone's grave... all I remember is that the the scene and the words the woman spoke were the saddest things ever... not sure if it was maybe her mother's grave or someone else's or if it was even Bobbie?
You got me there! I do remember those story lines vaguely...was the family Audrey & Joe? Or am I getting the premier of "Port Charles" confused?

I think Bobbie had a pretty crushing scene at BJ's grave (her daughter who died in a school bus crash and donated her heart to Maxie, who was suffering from Kawasaki syndrome...). That was the saddest time ever on GH.

p.s. I don't really have time to watch GH anymore, even though I have a TIVO. School is just too busy, but I do read Soap Opera Digest when I need a break from case books...I was sad when CHristina Wagner (Felicia) left so bitterly, and sad that Jax got so bitter about Brenda. I wish Jason would get hit in the head again and go back to being Jason Quartermaine. I don't like him as this unemotional-robot dude.

p.s.s. You reminded me about Terry. I liked her too...remember when Shawn Cassidy guested on GH and played her crazy boyfriend for a while (or do you even know who Shawn Cassidy is? Man, I am dating myself).

must.get.back.to.working.on.independent.study.pape r!

Last edited by dzandiloo; 04-23-2003 at 09:43 AM.
Old 04-23-2003, 10:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by dzandiloo
I wish Jason would get hit in the head again and go back to being Jason Quartermaine. I don't like him as this unemotional-robot dude.
YES!!! I have been saying this for years! He doesn't necessarily have to go back to being "Jason Quartermaine," who was kind of a cardboard goody goody, but there could be a really cool story line of him remembering his old life and struggling with his decisions...plus, we'd have some coveted flashbacks!
Old 04-23-2003, 10:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mu_agd
Quote:
Originally posted by LeslieAGD
YES!!! I have been saying this for years! He doesn't necessarily have to go back to being "Jason Quartermaine," who was kind of a cardboard goody goody, but there could be a really cool story line of him remembering his old life and struggling with his decisions...plus, we'd have some coveted flashbacks!
I agree! I miss him as Jason Quartermaine and would love to see flashbacks... sometimes i feel like he's too emotionless right now...