GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,356
2 members and 2,354 guests
Cookiez17, Sciencewoman

Old 07-10-2010, 08:21 PM
GreekChat Member

I never said anything about money, my parents both had college degrees but still only make about 92K a year. I am far from rich but nobody in my family hits each other and calls the cops. I never said there is a perfect sorority girl but we all like to idealise a certain image. Get mad at me but just because you would embrace her for being abused doesn't mean all girls will. I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the number of girls who have written feedback cards about girls who mentioned they lived with their grandmother because dad was in jail or other situations. "Saying my daddy beat me and mom" gives an image of white trash. Even if she is the country club belle people change opinions of you when things like that come out. Stop writing like you are all high and mighty and get real! It might not be nice but it's the truth! NOT EVERY GIRL wants to be associated with those kind of things and i might hurt her rush even if her heart is good.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-10-2010, 08:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerpower83 View Post
I never said anything about money, my parents both had college degrees but still only make about 92K a year. I am far from rich but nobody in my family hits each other and calls the cops. I never said there is a perfect sorority girl but we all like to idealise a certain image. Get mad at me but just because you would embrace her for being abused doesn't mean all girls will. I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the number of girls who have written feedback cards about girls who mentioned they lived with their grandmother because dad was in jail or other situations. "Saying my daddy beat me and mom" gives an image of white trash. Even if she is the country club belle people change opinions of you when things like that come out. Stop writing like you are all high and mighty and get real! It might not be nice but it's the truth! NOT EVERY GIRL wants to be associated with those kind of things and i might hurt her rush even if her heart is good.
So while i think cali was Earp, I think this is perpberry.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
You go Leslie Anne!! Your heart is in the right place Leilah but bringing up a topic like that is just awkward. I would have to remind myself that I liked you and think about the good stuff in you after hearing that. Don't get me wrong, my life isn't some perfect fairy tale but knowing so openly about your abuse is like baggage I don't need in the house. Some girls might not be familiar with domestic abuse and lean on the side of only a poor person or trashy person has that kind of life. I know that sounds really bad but I am being honest with very real feelings. Sometimes harsh truth makes people fickle. Just state to the girls how you are motivated to help women and children in abusive situations and maybe if you join you can speak as an advocate. I really hope people don't find my statement rude. I am speaking from the heart and when you go are trying to join the ideals of the perfect sorority girl is key. You know what I mean, the Grace Kelly image.
Quote:
QFP

To the OP: please consider the thoughtful and reasonable responses that have been provided to you.

To Drolefille -
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity

Last edited by AZTheta; 07-10-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
So while i think cali was Earp, I think this is perpberry.
flowerpower = callilicious = perpberry

Old 07-10-2010, 09:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ree-Xi View Post
flowerpower = callilicious = perpberry
I don't think so, I think Calli was Earp. Perp was logging between alts and posting on flower/perp/violet. She left Calli alone. Posting style's different.

Also... whoever PM'd me on a sock.... well why bother?
Old 07-10-2010, 09:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
I don't think so, I think Calli was Earp. Perp was logging between alts and posting on flower/perp/violet. She left Calli alone. Posting style's different.

Also... whoever PM'd me on a sock.... well why bother?
POST IT!!!! DIG UP THE PMs THREAD!!!!! DOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOoooooo IIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii TTTTTTTTTTTT!!!
Old 07-10-2010, 10:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg View Post
POST IT!!!! DIG UP THE PMs THREAD!!!!! DOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOoooooo IIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii TTTTTTTTTTTT!!!
You need to beg harder!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 07-10-2010, 10:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm going to make a who's the troll thread anyway
Old 07-10-2010, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Old 07-10-2010, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Feel free to shoot me PMs of troll names as I tend to forget the right spellings *digs back through drama*
Old 07-11-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agzg View Post
I just want to say that if you watch this GIF while listening to Smells Like Teen Spirit it is super awesome.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:13 PM

OP - I agree with everyone else who has said this is a pretty heavy thing to bring up during recruitment. "I've heard of your philanthropy and it seems like they do really great things" is as much as I would say about it.

There's also (although I hope no one is as cynical as me) the chance that if you brought up that this issue affected you personally, members might think you were trying to play on their sympathies and get an "in" to the group - especially if it's one of the more popular sororities at your school. I do not think that's the case at all, but then again I'm not a sorority member who's been on her feet for 10 hours meeting 100s of PNMs. You tend to get a little frazzled.

Good luck sweetie