GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,448
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Theanex
» Online Users: 2,363
2 members and 2,361 guests
flamboyanttree, Xidelt

Old 04-02-2004, 01:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GeekyPenguin
WE don't recruit for diversity, we recruit for the best. We just realize that the best doesn't always have to look like our founders.
Thank god! No way in hell could I get into a corset..............
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-02-2004, 02:00 PM
GreekChat Member

It is very easy to say "if they don't rush we can't recruit them... however at schools where this happens there is (most likely) a reason they don't feel comfortable rushing and isn't the main job during rush to make PNMs comfortable ?
I agree... people shouldn't be recruitming for diversity.. (that's where the whole "token" thing comes into play) but if your chapter is diverse I don't see the problem in mentioning it as a strong point (of course most people will notice it, I know several PNMs asked me about it this fall) I mean if you won an award your darn well going to make sure to tell the PNMs about it right? even though you may have the plaque displayed somewhere, you're still pointing it out to them right ?
why not mention diversity ? if someone asks you about sisterhood, or what makes your chapter different, I don't think anything bad could come of mentioning the diversity of the chapter (whatever it maybe) different majors, different ethnicities, come from different states, different religions...
Old 04-02-2004, 02:26 PM
GreekChat Member

If I remember correctly, one of the agendas that came out of the latest NPC session was to really work on fulfilling our statements of diversity, not just paying them "lip service."

Can anyone back me up here? Our house is a mess and I can't find those resolutions anywhere.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.
Old 04-02-2004, 02:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Thumbs up Great dialogue!

For the most part, people have been respectful and polite...
Let's keep it up!
Old 04-02-2004, 03:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Come on now...

Good heated forum good job Rollergirl2001. The best forum is the one with the most active discussion, and thus far this is the hot one. I have my opinion on this like everyone else, so for everything I say-I have no apologies. Rudey, what the hell is wrong with talking Blackanese? I'm Black and Japanese and damn proud! Starang21 your org. claims diversity like my chapter, so don't even try to say you guys don't. How do I know because I know. Also, Starang21 let's talk about diversity and your Frat. If I am not mistaken your Frat. was started for African Americans. So, in reality your Frat. was claiming separation in the getgo. HUH? My Frat.,Phi Kappa Tau, sure may mainly be Caucasian but never claimed to be for Caucasians; so that brings up the question on who is trying not to include others? Answer: Iota. If you read the history of my mainly Caucasian Frat. (<SO STUPID) you will see it was established for the student body of the school who in 1906 were all Caucasian, sorry but it's not my founders fault at who at the time attended MIAMI UNIVERSITY in OXFORD, OH. Some of the older Frats./Sors have an excuse on why they are predominatly one race, and this does include BGLO's. People remember that our orgs. are up to and some older then 100 years old, and times change/people change. Last but not least Strarang21 I bet my predominatly Caucasian Frat. has a larger amount of African-Americans, Latin-Americans, Asian-Americans, and etc. brothers than your predominatly African-American Frat. having Caucasian-A., Latin-A., Asian-A., etc. brothers. So who really needs to work on their diversity?
-Heath
*F&AM (PRINCE HALL AFFILIATION_Cedars #64)
*Phi Kappa Tau (Epsilon Theta_San Francisco)
Old 04-02-2004, 03:35 PM
Banned

Re: Come on now...

You're a silly one.

But while you are black, he is not.

-Rudey

Quote:
Originally posted by phamason2003
Good heated forum good job Rollergirl2001. The best forum is the one with the most active discussion, and thus far this is the hot one. I have my opinion on this like everyone else, so for everything I say-I have no apologies. Rudey, what the hell is wrong with talking Blackanese? I'm Black and Japanese and damn proud! Starang21 your org. claims diversity like my chapter, so don't even try to say you guys don't. How do I know because I know. Also, Starang21 let's talk about diversity and your Frat. If I am not mistaken your Frat. was started for African Americans. So, in reality your Frat. was claiming separation in the getgo. HUH? My Frat.,Phi Kappa Tau, sure may mainly be Caucasian but never claimed to be for Caucasians; so that brings up the question on who is trying not to include others? Answer: Iota. If you read the history of my mainly Caucasian Frat. (<SO STUPID) you will see it was established for the student body of the school who in 1906 were all Caucasian, sorry but it's not my founders fault at who at the time attended MIAMI UNIVERSITY in OXFORD, OH. Some of the older Frats./Sors have an excuse on why they are predominatly one race, and this does include BGLO's. People remember that our orgs. are up to and some older then 100 years old, and times change/people change. Last but not least Strarang21 I bet my predominatly Caucasian Frat. has a larger amount of African-Americans, Latin-Americans, Asian-Americans, and etc. brothers than your predominatly African-American Frat. having Caucasian-A., Latin-A., Asian-A., etc. brothers. So who really needs to work on their diversity?
-Heath
Old 04-02-2004, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovelyivy84

Unless you have any links or other information to provide to substantiate your CLAIMS regarding his organization I suggest you resist asserting that any OPINIONS you have about any member of the Divine Nine should be taken as FACT.

Quote:
-Heath
It may be said with rough accuracy that there are three stages in the life of a strong people. First, it is a small power, and fights small powers. Then it is a great power, and fights great powers. Then it is a great power, and fights small powers, but pretends that they are great powers, in order to rekindle the ashes of its ancient emotion and vanity.-- G.K. Chesterton
Old 04-02-2004, 06:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Jilly Bean, I could not agree with you more!

There has been a lot of give and take in a positive mode untill the pisssing contest and name calling got into it!

I am sure We all look askewance at anyone who is not exactly the same as we are, the important part is when you find out what that person is really like!

Asian=pink on the inside
Black=Pink On the inside
White=Pink on the inside

Now, what is the brain like on the individual person like?

Jeeze, I am considered white, why does everyone think I get along with all whites! Da

Each person is different unto themselves as no other.

I would like to Get Brother Jenkins on this site, but I am sure he would be embaressed by all of this.

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 04-02-2004, 06:30 PM
GreekChat Member

HAHAHA

I stated only one fact...my opinion. Like Stranang21 I only wrote what I thought and never ever said it to be anything but my opinion. If you don't like it-your bad. Funny that people can take shots at GLO but when someone say's something about BGLO's it is wrong. WHY?

-Heath
F&AM (PHA_Cedars #64)
Phi Kappa Tau (Epsilon Theta)
Old 04-02-2004, 06:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy

Please not to be aimed at me!

If so, so be it!

It is some times to hard to keep on on posts on GC especially when it is a very volitile Subject!

Your post is your post and what you may feel!

But, when it gets so carried to far, then it is something for every member of GC to see and read.

Then yes We all including My self have looked very stupid!

But yes, we all have our Oppinions! That is why We are All Different but try to work together.

LX Z # 1
Alumni

Last edited by Tom Earp; 04-02-2004 at 06:47 PM.
Old 04-02-2004, 07:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
-Heath

ummm, nice try...but is any of this relevant? and i never said anything about diversity. so uhh...what is the point of this post? the nine NPHC organizations are predominantly black and will continue to be. you don't see any of us talking trying to claim the lone brother who isn't black as our claim to diversity fame.

Last edited by starang21; 04-02-2004 at 07:29 PM.
Old 04-02-2004, 07:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Come on now...

Quote:
Originally posted by Rudey
You're a silly one.

But while you are black, he is not.

-Rudey
and does exactly what does this have to do with anything? geez, you're an idiot.
Old 04-02-2004, 09:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to James Send a message via AIM to James
Q. Should mainstream GLO's be integrated?

A. They are.

I think what people are really asking is that mainstream GLO's should debliberately seek to fulfill a minoroty quota in their membership . ..

I don't see that as a good idea. Or necessary.

As for the NPC's new idea of trying to make their chapters more diverse . . . well that sounds just a little odd to me. In fact it might actually hurt their chapters . .

'Sides, are the cynical enough to come up with incentives? Like awards for the most minority recruitment? Of course they will call it "most diverse chapters" But it will amount to the same thing.
Old 04-02-2004, 09:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovelyivy84
Re: HAHAHA

Quote:
I stated only one fact...my opinion. Like Stranang21 I only wrote what I thought and never ever said it to be anything but my opinion. If you don't like it-your bad. Funny that people can take shots at GLO but when someone say's something about BGLO's it is wrong. WHY?

-Heath
F&AM (PHA_Cedars #64)
Phi Kappa Tau (Epsilon Theta)
I have not said word one about any GLO, so please try not to level all of those crazy accusations at or around me. You wrote a whole lot of idiocy in your message with not one single bit of evidence to back up your "opinions". If you want any of us to take your "opinions" seriously then show us a fact.

Until then, just admit you do not know anything about BGLOs and leave it at that.
It may be said with rough accuracy that there are three stages in the life of a strong people. First, it is a small power, and fights small powers. Then it is a great power, and fights great powers. Then it is a great power, and fights small powers, but pretends that they are great powers, in order to rekindle the ashes of its ancient emotion and vanity.-- G.K. Chesterton
Old 04-02-2004, 09:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: HAHAHA

Quote:
Originally posted by lovelyivy84
I have not said word one about any GLO, so please try not to level all of those crazy accusations at or around me. You wrote a whole lot of idiocy in your message with not one single bit of evidence to back up your "opinions". If you want any of us to take your "opinions" seriously then show us a fact.

Until then, just admit you do not know anything about BGLOs and leave it at that.
damn...where is that good idea light bulb at?