GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Gamma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 1,532
0 members and 1,532 guests
No Members online

Old 08-09-2002, 02:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Anchor Splash about to be a Sunken Ship

Hi all!

Here at Butler, we Dee Gees just got some horrible news. The University has closed the campus pool indefinitely because it was falling apart. This means that our very successful Anchor Splash might have to come to an end becasue it has been held at our campus pool for over 30 years. My question is this: for those of you who DON'T have a pool at your school, where do you hold your Anchor Splash? I know some chapters have an "Anchor Slam" tournament or the likes but our Anchor Splash is a huge campus tradition that EVERYONE comes out for. We don't want it to end! For those of you who have Anchor Splash off campus, is it expensive and how do you transport students to and from the event? I would appreciate ANY help or input you girls can give me.

loveITB,
*Erin*
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-09-2002, 05:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RxyChrldr
Hi there! What horrible news about the pool closing..but it definitely doesn't mean that AnchorSplash is doomed for your chapter We at Beta use the swimming pools of a fraternity every year, this past year it was at Delta Chi. If that isn't an option for you, you could try to have it at a community swim center or local YMCA. Since it's for a philanthropy, chances are they'd be willing to sponsor you (i.e., no charge for use or a reduced fee). Everyone would just have to sign a release form though so they aren't legally responsible if injuries occur. Just some ideas, hope one of them works for ya!
Old 08-10-2002, 03:22 AM
GreekChat Member

At my school we usually rent a pool form a local JC. Our school doesn't have a pool so it works really well!! Renting out a pool somewhere is definatly not a bad idea, plus it could add extra fun depending on the location of the pool!!
Old 08-14-2002, 10:05 PM

At our school we have anchor slam and it is extremely successful!