GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,122
2 members and 2,120 guests
John, Low D Flat

Old Today, 12:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
There are several different species of them. It doesn’t matter, both dogs and cats can be infected. It’s just that cat fleas are the most common in dogs and cats.

My patient had to have been infected for months, because I know female fleas can produce up to 2,000 eggs in a 4 month life span. So like, at any given time, about 1% of the flea population is composed of adult fleas, while 99% remain in the invisible egg, larval, and pupal stages. So she was loaded with them based on that. That’s what I mean by loaded. It was pretty bad.

Yes, Sentinel is great, because it not only controls fleas, but it also protects against heartworms, ascarids, hookworms, and whipworms.
Holy shit! 2,000 eggs? That’s nasty as hell. You’re not worried you’ll take some home?

Lmao!
Old Today, 12:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
Holy shit! 2,000 eggs? That’s nasty as hell. You’re not worried you’ll take some home?
Well, the eggs eventually fall off. It’s the adult fleas and flea feces that were all over the place, not the eggs. I was just saying with that many, they’ve been living on that cat for a very long time. Plus, there’s an infestation going on in the owner’s home. Has to be.

No, I don’t worry about taking any home from work. We’re clean.

You’re not going to bring fleas home from the vet, but you can bring them home from outside. They can jump and hitch a ride on people pretty easily.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old Today, 01:27 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Ohhh, I didn’t know the images need to be hosted on another website first.
We may end up with image hosting / the ability of posting images directly on GC (without needing any other image hosting sites involved) relatively soon.

I already have the new server & have been working on it. Figuring out how I'd like to setup the hosting infrastructure, how to best optimize things, etc.

Also have been considering various other forum type software as well.

Quote:
So, the way I posted my dog was I went online to a JPEG to PNG free converter and it worked temporarily, until I posted it again. Then, it seemed to stay.
Image converter sites probably don't keep the converted images permanently. That might explain if you had posted an image from a converter site, then the image would disappear here if the converter site deletes images after a period of time.

There are image hosting sites that will retain pics permanently or at least maybe for a long time.

Quote:
Yes, that’s what I’m doing. I’m pasting the link in between [img] [/img]. But I swear, John, I remember going to google images, right clicking, copying, and then pasting. I must be going crazy, because I don’t ever recall using the [img] [/img] method until now. I believe you, it’s just that the other way is how I remember posting images on here way back when.
I'm not aware of the current software used here being able to copy/paste an image file directly within the message editing area.

If you want you can start a new thread to test out the different ways you've tried posting pics to see if you can figure that out. Or maybe even just use this thread to test out posting images.

Probably not neccessary to spend too much time figuring that out as the software here will change not too long from now. Then there might be a new or better way of posting images available.
^^^ Help Support GC ^^^
Old Today, 11:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
Google maps says 40-45 minutes- you REALLY speed.
40-45 minutes? That’s nearly an hour drive (doing the speed limit). When I moved from Wixom to Novi, I used to make it to East Lansing from Novi in a tad bit over an hour, every time I made the trip, which was almost daily. And, I was doing the speed limit. When I lived in Wixom, it’d take me 15-20… 25 minutes max just to get to the Lodge.

Wixom is less than 10-minutes from Novi. So Google maps is saying Wixom to Detroit is only 15-minutes less of a drive than Novi is to Lansing/East Lansing? That doesn’t make any sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
Lmao @ PB. PB, how fast do you drive dude? 40-45 minutes in 15-20? Damn! Lol
Not that much over. About 5-10 over. I’ll admit, I speed on the freeway, but I do the speed limit on the streets/city areas.
Romans 1:16
Old Today, 02:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
40-45 minutes? That’s nearly an hour drive (doing the speed limit). When I moved from Wixom to Novi, I used to make it to East Lansing from Novi in a tad bit over an hour, every time I made the trip, which was almost daily. And, I was doing the speed limit. When I lived in Wixom, it’d take me 15-20… 25 minutes max just to get to the Lodge.

Wixom is less than 10-minutes from Novi. So Google maps is saying Wixom to Detroit is only 15-minutes less of a drive than Novi is to Lansing/East Lansing? That doesn’t make any sense.
You made over an hour drive to Lansing almost daily? Damn! So what was in East Lansing that you were making over an hour drive almost daily for, PB? I already know the answer to my own question. I know it wasn’t for work Lol!!
Old Today, 04:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post

Not that much over. About 5-10 over. I’ll admit, I speed on the freeway, but I do the speed limit on the streets/city areas.
When I put in "Detroit", it probably goes to downtown- but the Lodge is at the north western corner of the D. It took longer to get to CCS.